Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hatemail

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Kirby wrote: »
    Dunno. Most modern shooters include recoil, which makes your crosshair move all over the place....meaning if you want to play well you have to use short bursts. I can't imagine spraying constantly being very effective. Gone are the days of Goldeneye. :D

Not FPS games, proper shooters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

You're thinking of FPSs Kirby, SHMUPs are this :

And I'd agree. Turbo is there for shmups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

That gar dude has the most random ryu ever, no idea whats goin on his head

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Ah yes. Got my genre's mixed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Yeah I reckon it's for shmups, turbo is very handy there

Yep but still,What is it doing on a Street fighter tournamant edition fight stick! Terrible design decision.
    I'ts just asking to be abused in the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Well, most tournaments don't allow turbo anyway, so that's not gonna be a problem there. Online I don't really care if people use turbo or not, it's not like they're doing something humanly impossible - maybe someday I'll play against people who can do whatever turbo stuff they're doing manually and be glad for the experience. Overall I think it's much nicer to have the turbo for stuff like shmups (I use it for testing links in training mode if I'm not bothered checking online as well).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Shmups have been a part of arcade stick manufacture for as long as they have made arcade sticks. It's part of their heritage and it would be shocking if they didn't have a turbo feature.

I think it's a great feature and I regularly use it for shmups. I also don't get the big deal with people using it online. Yeah it's cheating but so what. There's a lot of stuff that only works online but again so what.
    In theory it allows a bad player to give you a better game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I play shooters regularly and would never use a turbo feature.

If it's part of the game design, it would have been programmed in to the game to auto fire when the button is held.

Turbo has always been a home use easy mode fuction, it just with online it causes problems.
    I don't want to play against these guys, a playlist where stupid rules and turbos etc for them and then eliminate it for those who want to play properly would be a fair compromise.

Got one today from a fuerte.

nice mashing retard…

:pac:

I mashed ex messiah like a madman during his rsf for the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Got loads of hatemail recently.

I actually got hatemail off the same player (ElRalfo) on both mine and T Boy Uk's profileoin the same day!!!

How's that for symmetry?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Ken B wrote: »
    I actually got hatemail off the same player (ElRalfo) on both mine and T Boy Uk's profileoin the same day!!!

Achievement Unlocked!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭ogiekeaney

got more from biomat. i only win because i am lucky and because of lag apparently. he really disappointed me later in the week when though when he sent me a "nice one" when i bet him with dan.:eek:

ogiekeaney wrote: »
    got more from biomat. i only win because i am lucky and because of lag apparently. he really disappointed me later in the week when though when he sent me a "nice one" when i bet him with dan.:eek:

He could at least be a consistent asshole.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

slurms left ranked 3 times on me

thats hate mail in code.
    tripin over pp.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Slurms is always kicking me out of his ranked matches. I invited him to a player match once after I'd beaten him in ranked and he sent me a message about how my connection was too laggy. Twas perfect tbh.

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Slurms is always kicking me out of his ranked matches. I invited him to a player match once after I'd beaten him in ranked and he sent me a message about how my connection was too laggy. Twas perfect tbh.

Came across him yesterday,Slums mcgurk yeah? First two times I beat him,next match he preceded to just dash back for the entire match and when I bumped into him again he kicked me
    Don't understand it.Slave to the points maybe? MCGURK WHERE ARE YOU...

EDIt: just made my signature..didnt know it was possible cus i hadn't them turned on. A simple swap of the finger and it's in your face

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

I've come across that dude too. Complained about my lag after I kicked his ass funnily enough. Dude needs himself some new internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I have to play on wireless so the sad fact is that most of my games suffer from lag. When I'm trying to play good players it's just pointless because I can't play at all. Like against chop chop I couldn't tech a single one of his throws.

Say what you want about me, but it's the truth.

Ahhh haaa, Ur Zap Brannigan. Fair play Mcgurk for stating your case.
    I dont know how this lag caused you to backdash for an entire round though:pac::pac:
    Also i think the reason u didnt tech is that they were Kara throws.There're unexpected and you dont have time to tech,or are not expecting it.
    Gg all the same. Next time
    Also why u have to play on wireless..can you not get 5-10 cable cable and plug in wired.Where is your router/Modem

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Modem is downstairs, I used to be on a wired connection but since Eircom updated to NGB the connection in my room can't handle it! I just backdashed cos I was fed up!

And for people who think I care about pp... lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Legless? I mean lagless :P
    I have to play on wireless so the sad fact is that most of my games suffer from lag.

Get some homeplugs for €56.51 http://www.dabs.ie/products/devolo-microlink-dlan-duo-starter-kit-3YXV.html Just use the ethernet option, as the USB option is just painful.

Plug one next to your router, one next to your PC, and you get lagless gaming.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

all SF online is laggy. It's just a matter of how much.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

^ THIS.

I played a load of matches during the week, and the difference between 2- and 4-bar connections is astounding.

BlazBlue netcode kicks SFIV so hard, it's not even funny.

Modem is downstairs, I used to be on a wired connection but since Eircom updated to NGB the connection in my room can't handle it! I just backdashed cos I was fed up!

And for people who think I care about pp... lol

This doesn't actually make any sense.

You have wired internet, your ap is wireless.
    Clearwire etc is wireless internet (connecting to a broadcast tower like a mobile phone)

Your connection to your access point may be bad (in my experience the xbox wifi adapter is excellent), but NGB has nada to do with this.
    I play on wifi to my router and mine is fine.

also speedhaak was giving out about you too. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I've been playing an unusual amount of Canadian and Japanese in ranked mode lately and they're always completely lag free.

The worst offenders for laggy matches are usually Irish or English. Often I'll get terrible lag against Blag (rhyme ftw) and thats just Dublin and Belfast!

Brazilians and Mexicans for the lose.

Me and red, best connections in the country. Am i right red?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

Yep, I'd play no one else if it weren't for your stupid blanka.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭CrossBreed

Brazilians and Mexicans for the lose.

S'true.

Can we get some online petitions going to get these guys some better internet? :p

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    BlazBlue netcode kicks SFIV so hard, that the next SFIV wannabe is gonna feel it.

Fixed for you.

Advertisement