Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hatemail

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

I have to play on wireless so the sad fact is that most of my games suffer from lag. When I'm trying to play good players it's just pointless because I can't play at all. Like against chop chop I couldn't tech a single one of his throws.

Say what you want about me, but it's the truth.

try send a message explaining after you kick or run away from us "good" players then, i didnt notice any lag. Also does back dashing cure lag? is there a hand book im missing?
    Seems to me you're just afraid of losing your points and theres nothing wrong with that, only thing is that you're playing this game for all the wrong reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Placebo wrote: »
    try send a message explaining after you kick or run away from us "good" players then, i didnt notice any lag. Also does back dashing cure lag? is there a hand book im missing?
    Seems to me you're just afraid of losing your points and theres nothing wrong with that, only thing is that you're playing this game for all the wrong reasons.

Whatever man, I don't really need to explain myself on an internet forum anyways.

EDIT: the_syco; I would spring for homeplugs but I'm leaving the country in a few months so no point really!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

the_syco wrote: »
    Get some homeplugs for €56.51 http://www.dabs.ie/products/devolo-microlink-dlan-duo-starter-kit-3YXV.html Just use the ethernet option, as the USB option is just painful.

Plug one next to your router, one next to your PC, and you get lagless gaming.
    These sound magic. I may have to invest in these at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

the_syco wrote: »
    Get some homeplugs

Do you use these yourself and if so for what platform, pc or a console? I've a mate whose wifi only to his PS3 and it's not always playable because it craps out at worst, and kind of pulses fast slow at best. Before I recommend them to him I just wanted to know if homeplugs would derinitely work with PS3 and if the range was good for about 25m?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

EDIT: the_syco; I would spring for homeplugs but I'm leaving the country in a few months so no point really!
    Bastad :P Enjoy :D
    Sairus wrote: »
    These sound magic. I may have to invest in these at some point.
    Do. You can also get ones that have a wireless point on them. Have one plugged into the network, and I have a wireless point at the other end of the house to boost the signal. I've passworded it so the neighbours can't steal it, either. Once the two plugs are within the same house, you should be able to connect them up.
    raze wrote: »
    Do you use these yourself and if so for what platform
    Plug sockets. You need a PC to hook them up to each other. Take down the MAC number and passwords off them, plug them both into a wall socket, and plug a USB into the main one. Get it to "see" the other one, and you're in business. Currently use them between PCs, but a mate had used them for the XBOX360 - once you have them seeing each other, anything using an ethernet cable will be able to use it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

No hatemail, but I swear I have been kicked from every lobby I've been in today, win or lose. So annoying to have 2 matches then get kicked and spend the next 15 minutes trying to find another game

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

see its great in ssf4 because you dont have to record your matches, you can just check your replay-battle log and record whatevers needed,

however slots are limited and if your mates are always over like bush's you wont get to see the later matches

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

If you're interested, BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger is coming to PC.

Very good value at £15.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Speedhaak

Came across him yesterday,Slums mcgurk yeah? First two times I beat him,next match he preceded to just dash back for the entire match and when I bumped into him again he kicked me
    Don't understand it.Slave to the points maybe? MCGURK WHERE ARE YOU...

EDIt: just made my signature..didnt know it was possible cus i hadn't them turned on. A simple swap of the finger and it's in your face

Came across this Slurms also. First match he beat me, second match he beat me. Then in the third match I bested him, and it was a good match indeed. Ranked 'quick match' threw me in with him again but this time he removed me, so I hit quick match again, he removed me once more. This went on for a while. Sent him a message criticising his negativity towards actually trying to get better, but he just mouthed off.

Seems all he's concerned about is points hoarding. Sad really, because he's actually a decent player, just lacking in sportsmanship.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Oh for **** sake.

Just logged on and notice an open ArcReq from a Player who normally beats me so I entered to see if I could improve against his Sakura. We play one game (After having played about 10 a few days ago) and after the first game (I lost) he kicks me and says "Don't be using the US Costume if you're in Ireland".

I mean come on... The guy is in the US and using a Japanese orientated character, telling me off for using aUS Costume because I'm in Ireland? How stupid is this? Best/Worst thing I've heard all week, better than the usual Hatemail anyways, as sad and amusing as it is.
    What are you/he talking about??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Ken B wrote: »
    What are you/he talking about??

Balrog's robe I assume?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Well, in fairness, there is an Irish one you could use. Obviously no American believes there are more than ten countries on the planet.

Ahhhhh.........Eureka! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

My latest I was pretty sure came from a Spaniard...though Google Translate says it's French. Anyways, the message I got was:

"fils de pute aprend a jouer...."

which apparently translates to

"son of a bitch learns with a play ...."

which I guess actually means

"learn to play son of a bitch"

Was one of the few games I won tonight - some horrible play :( This perked me up a bit though :D

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

I think it's closer to "Learn to play, you son of a whore."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

That better be a translation and not a veiled potshot :pac:

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

If anyone needs to learn to play, it'd be me.

Wakeup ultra all day long for the...well, not the brightest idea I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Played a guy by the name of Neurotransmitter tonight, Irish guy, B rank akuma, 2500ish BP

After the match I received

fxdFo.jpg

Ambiguous message, could be giving out about the grabs, but I was playing a grappler... so I just replied lol, nice and ambiguous in return.

Then received this:

wFJ0V.jpg

Fair enough.

HmjwK.png

I replied letting him know I wanted to have sex with the moment when I beat him.

Oh and he had a 13% disconnect.

Sometimes I love this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

That missed ultra 2 at around 2:15 made me cry. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

He's been to casuals a few times, sound guy the times I've met him anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Snip

I played that guy and he added me and didn't seem to hatemail me

Maybe it's only a matter of time

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Ill just leave this here.

xc8woi.jpg

I only played for half an hour last night and I received a deluge of hatemail, with perhaps more to come, when they see my replies!

After very cordial recent experiences on SSFIV, it's great to see things get back to normal!!

I was using Guile though, so I thoroughly deserved everything I got/that's coming to me!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Ken B wrote: »
    I only played for half an hour last night and I received a deluge of hatemail, with perhaps more to come, when they see my replies!

After very cordial recent experiences on SSFIV, it's great to see things get back to normal!!

I was using Guile though, so I thoroughly deserved everything I got/that's coming to me!:o

Man, ken you are the king of getting hatemail :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Played a guy by the name of Neurotransmitter tonight, Irish guy, B rank akuma, 2500ish BP

I was decently drunk last night, and thought playing random ranked matches, not taking them too seriously and taunting as much as possible would be hilarious.

It was :pac:

I came across this guy, and it went to the last round/last sliver of health and he won, and then sent me

"I have snatched victory from the jaws of defeat!"

I was just like "Haha, okay"

Maybe he just messages EVERYONE he plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Johnick

I played this guy a while ago, the first 2 rounds were close but I completely bodied him in the 3rd round and he rage quit the minute he got KO'd. Just for ****s and giggles I sent him a "GG" message after, I got this reply

Salty1-1.jpg

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Five, six, wow, he insulted you in seven different ways.

That's pretty salty.

Johnick wrote: »
    I played this guy a while ago, the first 2 rounds were close but I completely bodied him in the 3rd round and he rage quit the minute he got KO'd. Just for ****s and giggles I sent him a "GG" message after, I got this reply

Salty1-1.jpg

:p
    Wow! That's the guy who sent me those two elaborate hatemails, on the weekend. I'll post them up if anyone likes...

In fact, I'll post up every hatemail I have available(with my replies), if you guys want to see em...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Jesus Ken what do you be doing to people?

• Advertisement

I don't know?!?!

That guy actually beat me, kicked me and then sent his bile...

Just a dik, I suppose...

Advertisement