Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash on Nokia broken. What can I do?

Options
  • 12-05-2010 3:49pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

Hi, ive got a nokia n95 8gb and the flash is broken on it. Im just wondering what options do I have to get a flash back?

Is there any sort of thing you can buy to substitute for a flash for cheap on ebay that works well or any ideas?

I see there is these things on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220604006367&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Are these to replace the flash on the phone and will the work with n95 8gb? If so has anyone replaced the LED on the nokia n95 and is it hard?

cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Anyone have any help at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭T-Square

Bring your phone to a phonemender, and ask if they can repair your phone.
    If they say no, ask them if you bring the required part, will they install it.
    If they say no, then put the phone on ebay, and buy an iPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

That's only the cable for the flash.

Repairing it yourself would need a new flash module and probably the cable itself.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-CAMERA-FLASH-Repair-Parts-Flex-Cable-Nokia-N95-/180473747271?cmd=ViewItem&pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item2a0512d747

That would do the trick but to install it you need to solder it in. It's not a simple clip out clip in fix. If you know how to solder then installing it should be very easy as it's only 6 pins and they're fairly big.

T-Square wrote: »
    Bring your phone to a phonemender, and ask if they can repair your phone.
    If they say no, ask them if you bring the required part, will they install it.
    If they say no, then put the phone on ebay, and buy an iPhone.
    Ill be back in the same problem again sure, as theres no flash on an iphone. Plus, theyre way over priced basic phones so no thanks :rolleyes:

How much would a phonemender charge do you think?

That's only the cable for the flash.

Repairing it yourself would need a new flash module and probably the cable itself.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-CAMERA-FLASH...item2a0512d747

That would do the trick but to install it you need to solder it in. It's not a simple clip out clip in fix. If you know how to solder then installing it should be very easy as it's only 6 pins and they're fairly big.

Any ideas if that will work with my n95 8gb as it just says N95. Id be pretty decent with a solder so might get this if it works with a N95 8gb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

Nokias have a pretty good warranty.
    If you're in Dublin bring it to fone menders on South Annes's St.
    They'll tell you if its still in warranty and sort it out for you..

• Advertisement

Digitalism wrote: »
    Ill be back in the same problem again sure, as theres no flash on an iphone. Plus, theyre way over priced basic phones so no thanks :rolleyes:

How much would a phonemender charge do you think?

Any ideas if that will work with my n95 8gb as it just says N95. Id be pretty decent with a solder so might get this if it works with a N95 8gb.

They use the same camera module so I don't see why not.

mathew wrote: »
    Nokias have a pretty good warranty.
    If you're in Dublin bring it to fone menders on South Annes's St.
    They'll tell you if its still in warranty and sort it out for you..
    I dont live in dublin, but I see that theres a nokia store here in kilkenny so they might fix it. One thing though, the person I bought the phone off said he changed the product code to update firmware as meteor would only allow the very first software and no updates. Will that void the warranty? Even if I say I got it unlocked or does it matter since it seems like its a hardware and not software problem?

Cheers

Digitalism wrote: »
    I dont live in dublin, but I see that theres a nokia store here in kilkenny so they might fix it. One thing though, the person I bought the phone off said he changed the product code to update firmware as meteor would only allow the very first software and no updates. Will that void the warranty? Even if I say I got it unlocked or does it matter since it seems like its a hardware and not software problem?

Cheers
    That might or might not void the warranty. If the phone cam sim free (I bought mine off Meteor and it came unbranded and unlocked) then you won't have an issue with warranty.

You have to bring it to a Nokia service centre. The only ones available are in Dublin as far as I know.

Advertisement