Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galway Cathedral C&C

• 12-05-2010 4:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭

Thoughts, idea's, worthy of being on a wall? :D

AFAA442208F1469B99699BD41D5A182F-500.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Nice perspective on the old place - nice one!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

I like the shot, but find the lack of focus in the foreground to be distracting. I like the light and tones in the shot though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

dave66 wrote: »
    I like the shot, but find the lack of focus in the foreground to be distracting. I like the light and tones in the shot though.

Thats what makes it for me. I think it gives a better idea of distance, maybe thats just me though.

I like it, I'd prob like a little vignette on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Interesting perspective but I think the subject would be better served with a landscape view. I think with the portrait view its just a little lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭K_user

Thanks for the comments. Might give the Vignette a go later.

Unfortunately I don't have any in Landscape, so we can't compare.

But I do have one were the focus is on the foreground, I don't think its as good as the first though.

DB200539567C4713BFD5A09BE7366AD7-500.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

have you got any in colour? seems like if there was colour in the field there it might be nice. i like the first one though better:) important that the cathedral is in focus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Dyke Road? Eh, honestly as a local I think you could've done so much better. It isn't a bad shot, your composition and processing are good. But at the same time it is a wholly ordinary scene - there's nothing shatteringly amazing about the angle.

:[

Fenster wrote: »
    Dyke Road? Eh, honestly as a local I think you could've done so much better. It isn't a bad shot, your composition and processing are good. But at the same time it is a wholly ordinary scene - there's nothing shatteringly amazing about the angle.

:[

The feet take us where the feet take us - Dyke road is as good a place as any.

breadbin wrote: »
    have you got any in colour? seems like if there was colour in the field there it might be nice. i like the first one though better:) important that the cathedral is in focus
    I'm not trilled with the second one. The blades in focus don't stand out enough and the Cathedral isn't blurred or sharp enough, its kinda in between. Better luck next time.

The colour version is a bit dull. The sky was virtually white, I only got anything out of it by using a GND filter. I might go back on a clearer, brighter day.

When in doubt, get closer. :D Will you be around Galway again anytime soon? Would be happy to show you some sights.

• Advertisement

Fenster wrote: »
    When in doubt, get closer. :D Will you be around Galway again anytime soon? Would be happy to show you some sights.
    Closer is for woosies! :D

I might be around town in a couple of weeks, company is always good. I'll have to show you the path down by Rinville Park too, the one that brings you around the water with the views of GalwayBay...

I met those the hard way a few weeks back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

1st pic is best, has a lot going for it, in fact it has so much its worth going back to try more shots, including landscape/colour.

Advertisement