Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damage to Parcel left outside house

Options
  • 12-05-2010 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭

Wonder if anyone here knows where we stand regarding this:-

My dad ordered a hd satellite kit through Amazon. He got it delivered to my relative's address up North, which we have done numerous times before. This packages have always up to now required a signature from one of the house occupants before they are given. Today the satellite package arrived and there was nobody in the house at the time. This package was left outside and their dog destroyed the remote. I tried googling to see what happens in this regards (i.e. if either Amazon or the delivery company are held liable), but couldn't find anything. Does anybody know what can be done in this case?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

down to the dilivery company for leaving it unatended, also if no was was ther to recieve it as it wont fit in the letterbox, it should have been sent to the post office for collection,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

The delivery company have no signature to prove it was delivered. If you really wanted to, you could get back to the supplier and ask where the goods are. I would imagine in this case, you would go after the delivery company as the product was not delivered in good order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

it tell amazon i never recieved it. they will charge the delivery company who are liable. id imagine telling the truth could cause some complications, but maybe not.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Princess Zelda

Cheers lads. Dad just got onto Amazon. Have to send the whole package back and they are replacing it. Tbh, I would have thought it was Royal Mail to be held liable due to them not getting signature, but fair play to Amazon there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Amazon will most likely claim back off Royal Mail when they get it back, as it was their fault for leaving it outside the house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Are amazon covering the costs to return it?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Princess Zelda

Yup. They are taking it back with DHL. The replacement unit is in transit via First Class Post. I'd say Royal Mail will look for a signature this time :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Well done to Amazon - and the speedy resolution

Advertisement