Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stain on carpet

• 12-05-2010 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

A few months ago some dirt appeared on my beige/grey carpet, it being only a few months old, I panicked and first cleaned with water and then sprayed with some carpet stain remover i had bought in tesco. It resulted in there being a dark shadow like stain where I had used it. My thinking is that the carpet stain remover stuff has stained /bleached the carpet , can anything be done? It's driving me mental!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

murphy01 wrote: »
    A few months ago some dirt appeared on my beige/grey carpet, it being only a few months old, I panicked and first cleaned with water and then sprayed with some carpet stain remover i had bought in tesco. It resulted in there being a dark shadow like stain where I had used it. My thinking is that the carpet stain remover stuff has stained /bleached the carpet , can anything be done? It's driving me mental!

What I wouldn't do with it is mess with it any further - not with a light coloured carpet. If you'd bleached it, it's unlikely to have gotten darker - but that's not to say further staining hasn't occurred - or that the cleaning attempt spread the contamination around.

I'd hit the Yellow Pages if I was you. Under carpet cleaning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭tiocimarla

steamer is only safe option

Advertisement