Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need advice on dealing with a retailer (spesifically xtravision)

Options
  • 12-05-2010 4:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

So lets say around March 2009 I bought a tv (the last one of it's kind in the store as it happens) in xtravision in Galway. And in the past two months the tv had started acting up and eventually wouldn't turn on at all. Much to-ing and fro-ing has happened in the past few weeks with me and xtravision, they have given me totally wrong advice (That I had to contact the manufacturer and a courier to pick the tv up even though both companies are based in the UK, and that "any retailer would" give me this same advice). LONG story short the tv left my house at 15.30 on Friday 7th of May and on Monday the 10th of May i recieved an e-mail saying that my package was being delivered on the 12th of May(today) and delivered at 15.00. So naturally I was a bit sus that it took such a short time and over the weekend and all that my tv was fixed. Opened the box (different from the one I sent) and set up the tv went to switch it on AND... NOTHING happened (ie the same problem that it was sent away for). So now (really upset) I have rang xtravision who are still dragging their feet about this whole thing. I am expected to print off the 2emails I have recieved (one from the manufacturer telling me the address to send the tv and how to package it, and the other telling me that a package is on it's way to me and would be delivered to me today). It's obvious to me that the tv was just taken out of one box and put into another and sent straight back to me. I have no report saying it was even at the repair address. What am I supposed to do now to make xtravision deal with this on my behalf?
    AAAAAAAAAAAAH!:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Hi, this section of Boards.ie is for dealing with site issues, such as accounts and dispute resolution.

I suggest you try the Consumer Issues forum.

Advertisement