Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

North West 200

• 12-05-2010 4:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭

Anyone heading up to this? I was up at the first night of practice yesterday and loved it. First time being able to make it up, damn college exams always clashed with it! Sat at the roundabout and while the 125 riders didn't really do a lot to impress me the Superbikes more than made up for it!

Steve Plater led the field in practice-unbelievbly stable where I was watching from, and proper quick-he was the only rider that I couldn't really get a decent picture of because he was always out of focus!

He led from John McGuiness and Stuart Easton who was clocked at 204.1 mph on his outlap! He ended up doing 205 mph, the same speed as Max Biaggi at Monza last weekend.

Michael Dunlop ended in fourth but it was William that was the only Irishman to top any timing sheets. He led Chris Palmer in the 125s

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Love to head if I could afford the transport. Ah well, there's always next time!

How they get a permit for it I'll never understand. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

amacachi wrote: »
    How they get a permit for it I'll never understand. :D

How we don't have the races in Darver any longer I'll never understand!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

is it on tv anywhere? was on red button last year, not this year it appears :(

Grim. wrote: »
    is it on tv anywhere? was on red button last year, not this year it appears :(

BBC are showing the races on the red button but are also streaming the practice sessions this year. I think, could be wrong so check it-that Thursday's sessions are shown from 10am til about 3pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

frostie500 wrote: »
    How we don't have the races in Darver any longer I'll never understand!

Frostie, Have just found you from your excellent post on Monaco.
    that brought me to here.
    The Darver races were stopped by the owner of the Castle by taking spurious legal action against the races, the organisers of the races did not have the funds to fight it. The council had issued a permit.
    The prevuous year the owner drove his vehicle on to the road to obstruct the track.
    Regards Rugbyman.

• Advertisement

rugbyman wrote: »
    The Darver races were stopped by the owner of the Castle by taking spurious legal action against the races, the organisers of the races did not have the funds to fight it. The council had issued a permit.
    The prevuous year the owner drove his vehicle on to the road to obstruct the track.
    Regards Rugbyman.

Ah right, always wondered what happened to those races

Stream is up for this morning session

http://www.bbc.co.uk/northernireland/nw200/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

If you dont mind me asking frostie what roundabout mill road roundabout (the tight one) or magic roundabout (the big one)? well either way they are both pretty poor places to watch, especailly the magic roundabout, i made the mistake of going there my first year and thought it terrible, never went back for years then....

If you walk frim mll road roundabout (in the same way that the bikes travel) for about 1 mile,out past the petrol station ect, you will come to station corner, thats a frightening place to stand.

if you stand at university corner its usually good for squirming under braking, and lungs down the inside.

Walk for 1/2 mile (against the direction of the bikes) you will come to where they do the speed trap, usually a load of slipstreaming donw there, and i dont think there is anywhere else in the world you could get to stand 2 feet from bikes overtaking each other doing 200+MPH :D

Also its decent to stand again 1/2 mile walk from magic roundabout (with the direction of bikes) you can see them comming round a slight left at a junction then down a fairly long straight that you can see pretty much the whole of from the banking / hedge on the left side of the track.

Just letting you know if you go to any of them places (especailly station corner) you will be hooked and wil come year after year. the bigger bikes are best through station the smaller bikes tend to be better watched on the faster stuff cos they do more slipstreaming....

If you dont mind me asking frostie what roundabout mill road roundabout (the tight one) or magic roundabout (the big one)? well either way they are both pretty poor places to watch, especailly the magic roundabout, i made the mistake of going there my first year and thought it terrible, never went back for years then....

If you walk frim mll road roundabout (in the same way that the bikes travel) for about 1 mile,out past the petrol station ect, you will come to station corner, thats a frightening place to stand.

if you stand at university corner its usually good for squirming under braking, and lungs down the inside.

Walk for 1/2 mile (against the direction of the bikes) you will come to where they do the speed trap, usually a load of slipstreaming donw there, and i dont think there is anywhere else in the world you could get to stand 2 feet from bikes overtaking each other doing 200+MPH :D

Also its decent to stand again 1/2 mile walk from magic roundabout (with the direction of bikes) you can see them comming round a slight left at a junction then down a fairly long straight that you can see pretty much the whole of from the banking / hedge on the left side of the track.

Just letting you know if you go to any of them places (especailly station corner) you will be hooked and wil come year after year. the bigger bikes are best through station the smaller bikes tend to be better watched on the faster stuff cos they do more slipstreaming....

Yeah I was down at the magic roundabout, headed up the road towards Mathers for a bit as well, truly awesome spectacle....makes you wonder why the TT is regarded by so many as the pinnacle of 'road racing'

Steve Plater broke his arm yesterday and is out for the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭210

For such a fantastic event I cant figure why it gets so little coverage in the papers and on TV. The organisers estimate that over a hundred thousand turn up to watch which is amazing when you think of it. If you have never been get yourself sorted early for next year. I had a seat in the grandstand with paddock access on saturday which is excellent - try getting as up close to Michael shumacher on a F1 race day to see how you get on. Great racing again this year - just a little bit chilly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

210 wrote: »
    For such a fantastic event I cant figure why it gets so little coverage in the papers and on TV. The organisers estimate that over a hundred thousand turn up to watch which is amazing when you think of it. If you have never been get yourself sorted early for next year. I had a seat in the grandstand with paddock access on saturday which is excellent - try getting as up close to Michael shumacher on a F1 race day to see how you get on. Great racing again this year - just a little bit chilly.
    It's the same with almost all motorsport in this country, none of it gets the publicity and coverage it deserves :(

Advertisement