Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick life after Dell RTE 9.35 tonight.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

amiable wrote: »
    That farmer mentioned several times about his cattle
    I wouldn't feel too sorry for him
    Are you for real?!?!?!?

Yeah Daisy is an absolute Cow for hogging the Sky+ Remote.

- Relax People its gone a bit Civil war-ish around here, ye are all on the same side.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Raiser wrote: »
    Yeah Daisy is an absolute Cow for hogging the Sky+ Remote.

- Relax People its gone a bit Civil war-ish around here, ye are all on the same side.....

I don't need anyone to speak for me as this is in written format you don't know whether i need to relax or not

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Buglim

I don't need anyone to speak for me as this is in written format you don't know whether i need to relax or not

why are you going to go down and dig the head off him:D

Buglim wrote: »

Why would u think that?

another moron

• Advertisement

I don't need anyone to speak for me as this is in written format, you don't know whether i need to relax or not

Punctuation would really have helped Amiable* - I added my own comma to the above to help make sense of your 'written format'.

Now - just to clarify, do you need to relax or not?

* Also, whats with the name? Is that like when they call the 6'5" person 'Tiny' and the short guy 'Lanky' etc.? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Stab*City wrote: »
    Are you?

The people in the program have assets. Land, Cattle, Cars, and Houses which is more than can be said for alot of other unemployed people..
    :rolleyes: Assets? They most likely are leveraged on those assets, viz a viz mortgages and car loans.
    Ok the farmer was a lot older and may own his bit of land and few animals but he's hardly comfortable.
    You display an acute lack of awareness.

another moron

Could you please confirm in writing who the first Moron was?

- I don't want to report you for personal abuse because I'm not totally sure whether or not I have been abused personally (?)
    Aidric wrote: »
    :rolleyes: Assets? They most likely are leveraged on those assets, viz a viz mortgages and car loans.
    Ok the farmer was a lot older and may own his bit of land and few animals but he's hardly comfortable.

Ha?

- Also, whats with the agro levels on here today?

- I don't want to report you for personal abuse because I'm not totally sure whether or not I have been abused personally (?)

Ha?

report away to your hearts content

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭gihj

I lost my Job 16 Months ago wheres my:

Documentary
    Redundancy
    Globalisation fund
    Workers committee
    Retraining

Nobody gave a rat's a** about me or my family or my repayments or my sanity and havent in 16 months.. The Dell workers should consider themselves very lucky that anyone even cares and for the fact they had a solid job for last 10 years and that they got redundancy and that they have the chance to be retrained.

Maybe if they werent all spending their wages in the south court bar at lunchtime for the last ten years they would be a little more well off and less depressed.. They were on decent money for years, along with a redundancy package.

Welcome to the real world then.
    Have you tried to get help for your problems???
    If you like to pm me i have details of a great guy who helped my sister a couple years ago.
    It's not good to carry that much bitterness around with you though,eventually it may take your life over and result in drink,drug addiction.
    Try to get out in the fresh air a little more.It cant be good for you to be sitting in on the computer all day.
    You need to release all the hatred you have inside you,take up a hobby or join a group of some sort.
    Most of all do not let your bitterness or jealousy manifest itself in your family life.
    It may have disastrous consequences.
    I hope you get better soon.
    Good luck.

• Advertisement

Ha?

What a sheltered world you must live in to considered being called a moron abuse
    I should report you for being a moron

Ha?
    The poster has no clue as to their circumstances so is just making an assumption. Secondly if they did own their homes who is to say they would be able to sell it in a depressed housing market and likely end up in negative equity?

gihj wrote: »
    Welcome to the real world then.
    Have you tried to get help for your problems???
    If you like to pm me i have details of a great guy who helped my sister a couple years ago.
    It's not good to carry that much bitterness around with you though,eventually it may take your life over and result in drink,drug addiction.
    Try to get out in the fresh air a little more.It cant be good for you to be sitting in on the computer all day.
    You need to release all the hatred you have inside you,take up a hobby or join a group of some sort.
    Most of all do not let your bitterness or jealousy manifest itself in your family life.
    It may have disastrous consequences.
    I hope you get better soon.
    Good luck.

Jesus Stabs - I had never realised until a minute ago that you were:
    • Detached from the 'Real World'
    • Failing to meet your 'problems head-on
    • In need of professional therapy
    • Carrying bitterness around to the extent that your were destined to be an Alcoholic Junkie
    • A Golem-type creature on Boards.ie 23 hours a day
    • Stunted by irrational hatred and devoid of anything else
    • A candidate for impending disaster
    • In need of patronising online horseshít from Strangers
    What a sheltered world you must live in to considered being called a moron abuse
    I should report you for being a moron

Legend - Despite being aimed at me that's damn funny!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 katece1121

Now Children....the idea of incuding the man from the borders story was to highlight the fact that he was NOT complaining about money...that his issue was the 'emotional side to not having a job'....he was a man who liked the routine of going ot work every day....living in the isolated spot he is in it was his way to meet people and to have a purpose. He clearly stated he was lucky to have had the farm...but he loved having a job and the outlet it gave him to meet people. I am sure his wife felt the same..

The Kelly story was mainly financially based...and how they are financially struggling - however it must be said that in an interview with Ryan Tubridy on Monday he said he had 30 quid a week for pints and goes golfing weekly also.....so they dont appear to be toooo badly off I guess....I would have liked if they had shown us more of how many jobs he had applied for etc.....and what kind of redundancy him and his wife had gotten from previous jobs also. She had taken it from Analog, he had gotten it from AST and IEC...none of that was mentioned.....

The Polish girls story then was from the immigrant point of view and decisions on what to do. Was I mistaken when she sneered at thje polish workers getting 3 or 4 hundred a week in LODZ....or did she mean a month....because anyone who wont work for 4 hundred a week has huge issues....

The dennis Ryan think then was a bit odd...i not sure how good he actually is....did they get 21 million? divide that between 3000 people and thats 7000 per person?????

katece1121 wrote: »
    The Kelly story was mainly financially based...and how they are financially struggling - however it must be said that in an interview with Ryan Tubridy on Monday he said he had 30 quid a week for pints
    Yep, 30 quid a week to spend on himself. Really living the high life. :rolleyes:

Jesus Stabs - I had never realised until a minute ago that you were:
    • Detached from the 'Real World'
    • Failing to meet your 'problems head-on
    • In need of professional therapy
    • Carrying bitterness around to the extent that your were destined to be an Alcoholic Junkie
    • A Golem-type creature on Boards.ie 23 hours a day
    • Stunted by irrational hatred and devoid of anything else
    • A candidate for impending disaster
    • In need of patronising online horseshít from Strangers

Legend - Despite being aimed at me that's damn funny!!!!

Look Moron,

If you don't stop stalking me i shall have to report you.

This post was in no way referenced to you so kindly stop interfering where you are not wanted.

Many thanks;)

gihj wrote: »
    Look Moron,

If you don't stop stalking me i shall have to report you.

This post was in no way referenced to you so kindly stop interfering where you are not wanted.

Many thanks;)

Seems I totally misunderstood the whole concept of an Internet Message Board.

- I'm so embarrassed to be so subtly informed of how it all should work and to be put in my place by a paranoid, misguided Newbie with a typo as a username :D

Seems I totally misunderstood the whole concept of an Internet Message Board.

- I'm so embarrassed to be so subtly informed of how it all should work and to be put in my place by a paranoid, misguided Person with a typo as a username :D

You know nothing about me or my name thank you.
    For the record, I offered advice to a poster who clearly stated he had gotten no help for 16 months.
    He clearly showed signs of resentment which may not be healthy.
    All i did was try to help and wish the poster luck.

Then you put your big nosey head in as soon as you read my (typo:D) username.
    Keep yourself out of my business please.
    I have neither the time nor the patience to be dealing with morons.
    I wont be repeating myself again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

I display an acute lack of awareness.. No i think you, and the unskilled workers who got the mortgages and car loans are the ones with an acute lack of awareness.. did anyone stop to think hold on a minute maybe since i work on a line that €300,000 loan is a bit over my head..

I am very aware that 9 out of 10 unemployed people have no cattle, no land, no car, no redundancy, no chearleading squad, no retraining, no documentary..

Your arguement is based on pure speculation.

You display an acute lack of awareness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 katece1121

Yep, 30 quid a week to spend on himself. Really living the high life. :rolleyes:

I am not sneering - nor am I saying he is living a high life....I said he has 30 quid a week to spend on pints...and he golfs once a week....
    Obviously it is far from what he was used to when working but my point is that he isnt living in poverty !!!! Plenty of working people dont have 30 a week for drinks ......and I highlighted the fact that they didnt discuss financial figures at all of what tehy owed and what they had etc.....their story was very airy is what I think

• Advertisement

Your arguement is based on pure speculation.
    And your argument was based on what again??

Ha, excellent.... They are proud of me, good job, house, car and best of all no debts to really speak of.

Congrats again as i said they must be proud haha

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I don't have time to go through this now, but its just turned bitchfest. Handbags at dawn.

I'll clean it up this evening, infract where appropriate, and reopen when I'm done (if the thread is salvageable).
    Consider this a cooling off period.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Was sitting an exam, the last one of the year.

other than that I am just abusing my mod powers by posting on a locked thread :D

going to take a hoover to this thread now.

EDit: gihj banned for abuse. 3 infractions for 3 instances in this thread. Amiable banned for one month for abuse, one infraction.

I will now be re-opening this thread and monitoring it cerfully.

bickering will result in both sides being banned for a month + infraction for EACH POST

Abuse will result in infraction and month ban for EACH POST

pick up 9 infractions and receive a sitewide ban.

Use the report post feature instead of insulting he or she who offends you. .

Was sitting an exam, the last one of the year.

other than that I am just abusing my mod powers by posting on a locked thread :D

Billy we've squabbled manys the time but congratulations on finishing the exams, no better feeling - Enjoy your Beers tonight ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

thanks raiser

and apologies for making the thread dissappear. stumbled upon a new mod feature I was unaware of.

judging by raisers reply I am guessing you can all see this thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

just seen the first 15 mins of this on rte, and it made me very angry.

1) well so fing what, Dell screwed limerick, how many times has a company done that to a region? in dundalk i could name loads, panasonic, Quantum,Iqon. etc

2) polish workers, im sorry if im sounding racist but heck if all the places closing over here means more jobs back home youve no right to complain. (well maybe a little)
    Sure ireland pays more, but look at us now. In dundalk, Quantum did the same 4 years ago, moving their "operations" to eastern europe. Did we get a special program on it? did we ****..

3) MR union guy? Huh? **** off jesus..

4) id have given my 2 arms to work in as place like dell.

5) Considering all of this i get disgusted when i see an advert in the paper for Dell laptops, id hope most irish people would rather eat **** that pay a penny to those ****ing bastards.

just seen the first 15 mins of this on rte, and it made me very angry.
    Should have watched the whole thing for a more rounded picture.
    1) well so fing what, Dell screwed limerick, how many times has a company done that to a region? in dundalk i could name loads, panasonic, Quantum,Iqon. etc
    It's the nature of multinationals. Moving to lower cost bases is to be expected, especially in times of recession.
    2) polish workers, im sorry if im sounding racist but heck if all the places closing over here means more jobs back home youve no right to complain. (well maybe a little)
    Sure ireland pays more, but look at us now. In dundalk, Quantum did the same 4 years ago, moving their "operations" to eastern europe. Did we get a special program on it? did we ****..
    Dell was one of the largest employers in the Mid West, let alone Limerick. Not only were the Dell jobs lost but a lot of feeder jobs were lost also. Add to that the moeny which has been squeezed out of an already depressed local economy and it was more than worthy of a tv documentary.
    3) MR union guy? Huh? **** off jesus..
    Are you talking about Denis Ryan? The guy emerged with a lot of credit form the program.
    4) id have given my 2 arms to work in as place like dell.
    Ok.
    5) Considering all of this i get disgusted when i see an advert in the paper for Dell laptops, id hope most irish people would rather eat **** that pay a penny to those ****ing bastards.
    Free market. As I said earlier multinationals will move to lower cost economics in times of strive in a bid to ensure it's businesses survival and to revive growth. If you were a shareholder in Dell you would fully back the companies move.

It's the nature of multinationals. Moving to lower cost bases is to be expected, especially in times of recession.

Exactly - Unfortunate and all as it is, they were only here in the first place as we were offering them a relatively cheap manufacturing environment with low tax rates etc.

Basically if you invite a Tiger into your Home then don't be surprised and start complaining later on when it turns out that its stripey, scratchy and bites People - Its in its nature and you should have fcuking known that on day one!!!

- It was actually an election issue in the US AFAIK - Lots of Folk Stateside aint too impressed with US Companies doing their manufacturing exclusively Offshore when there's so many People at home unemployed with very bleak prospects.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

It was actually an election issue in the US AFAIK - Lots of Folk Stateside aint too impressed with US Companies doing their manufacturing exclusively Offshore when there's so many People at home unemployed with very bleak prospects.

Wow when did poland become the 51st state.

Advertisement