Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toll Plaza Jobs

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

Raiser wrote: »
    Sorry to hear it - Better luck next time.....

thanks guys - if ye hear of anything let me know please. Only so much digging in the garden I can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I got the PFO letter yesterday. booooooooooooooooo

Hard luck with that, got one myself. Just take it as I did, might not have gotten a job offer, but they gave me a chance to sharpen up the interview skills.

With any luck the next interviews we do will be fruitful for both of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

thanks guys - if ye hear of anything let me know please. Only so much digging in the garden I can do.

What have you done, what are you looking for. I always have my ear to the ground.

PM if you don't want any details public. I have a few contacts in agencies who wont fvck you around like some agencies.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Hard luck with that, got one myself. Just take it as I did, might not have gotten a job offer, but they gave me a chance to sharpen up the interview skills.

With any luck the next interviews we do will be fruitful for both of us.

half of boards must have been there. good to do interviews though anyway. I've never done an interview like thay one before - need more practise at it i think.

Berty wrote: »
    What have you done, what are you looking for. I always have my ear to the ground.

PM if you don't want any details public. I have a few contacts in agencies who wont fvck you around like some agencies.

jee wizz that sounds good, PM sent and thanks

• Advertisement

OK here is something helpful for people with a good CV and want to find jobs.

Get a profile on LinkedIn

http://www.ukpokerbuddies.com/files/images/m_pf_18.jpg

Its an online Networking site. Set up your profile with all your education, previous employment etc etc. The site will help you set it up.

Get onto Irishjobs.ie, recruitireland.com etc etc and find out the names of recuiters in all the agencies and then send them a LINK REQUEST as though you want to network with them.

They quite often put their jobs on their profiles rather like the way you put your status on facebook(its free so most of them do it). So you will spot jobs here as well.

OK here is something helpful for people with a good CV and want to find jobs.

Get a profile on LinkedIn

http://www.ukpokerbuddies.com/files/images/m_pf_18.jpg

Its an online Networking site. Set up your profile with all your education, previous employment etc etc. The site will help you set it up.

Get onto Irishjobs.ie, recruitireland.com etc etc and find out the names of recuiters in all the agencies and then send them a LINK REQUEST as though you want to network with them.

They quite often put their jobs on their profiles rather like the way you put your status on facebook(its free so most of them do it). So you will spot jobs here as well.

Surely by making your details public, you are then leaving yourself open to companies who harvest the information and use it for advertising texts and the like.

There were a few Irish recruitment agencies found to have being doing this, so if one was to freely give their details, then there would be nothing to stop their information being used.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Surely by making your details public, you are then leaving yourself open to companies who harvest the information and use it for advertising texts and the like.

There were a few Irish recruitment agencies found to have being doing this, so if one was to freely give their details, then there would be nothing to stop their information being used.

You don't have to put up your address or phone number and you can have access only coming through your LinkenIn account rather like boards.ie I can manage to get an e-mail into your inbox without knowing your e-mail address through PM.

You don't have to put up your address or phone number and you can have access only coming through your LinkenIn account rather like boards.ie I can manage to get an e-mail into your inbox without knowing your e-mail address through PM.

at this stage who cares if they employ me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭cullen5998

Got my rejection letter today, very disappointed. I thought the interview went very well and that i had the skills and experience that they were looking for.

• Advertisement

cullen5998 wrote: »
    Got my rejection letter today, very disappointed. I thought the interview went very well and that i had the skills and experience that they were looking for.

That's a terrible shame as well. Im watching threads in the Work & Jobs forum and mostly the forum does not make for good reading.

cullen5998 wrote: »

they told me they were interviewing 40 plus for the supervisor job alone. so no shame not getting it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

they told me they were interviewing 40 plus for the supervisor job alone. so no shame not getting it

WTF?

Fantastic way to waste 39 Peoples precious time and disappoint as many Folks as possible......

- Were they demanding Chuck Norris Supervisory skills where absentee Employees were tracked to The Swiss Alps and wrestled into a Cargo Plane back to their Desks on Clonmacken Plaza?

HR People are such fcuking Gobshítes 99.8% of the time, exploiting the ready availaability of People desperate for work - Were probably charging separately to "assess" each Candidate too to line their own greasy pockets.

WTF?

Fantastic way to waste 39 Peoples precious time and disappoint as many Folks as possible......

- Were they demanding Chuck Norris Supervisory skills where absentee Employees were tracked to The Swiss Alps and wrestled into a Cargo Plane back to their Desks on Clonmacken Plaza?

HR People are such fcuking Gobshítes 99.8% of the time, exploiting the ready availaability of People desperate for work - Were probably charging separately to "assess" each Candidate too to line their own greasy pockets.

I think it highlights how much demand there is for every available job now, rather than highlight any waste of people's time tbh.

I would have been one of the 39, and I do not see it as a waste of my time. A waste of my time would have been for me not to have gone for the interview. The way I see it, I can do a hundred interviews and get knocked back ninty nine times, but the one time I don't get a knock back will make all worth while.

Having said that, they were quite hung up in my interview on how much I used to earn in comparison to the wage they were offering for the supervisor role. My reply was that my old wage was of no real relevence to me anymore seeing that my current level of income is partial dole.

They probaby hired more than one supervisor. It is a 24 hour a day 365 day a year business. At least 3 Supervisors I'd say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

It's a real numbers game to get one of these jobs, even with lots of cash handling experience.

The Portloaise Toll Bridge advertised 40 positions, 1500 people applied.

Your attitude is admirable Kess - But I hate to think Employers would fcuk with People just cause everyone is hanging for a job and they simply can.....

- I remember years ago when IT was a growing 'unassailable bubble' that had not yet burst, HR Personnel were criticised for raiding the Universities and begging Kids to abandon their Degrees and come work for them, danger was that they 'd have no qualification or fall back - sure enough they didn't.

As soon as things fell apart and they had an unlimited amount of People to choose from they went to the opposite extreme and started to mess with People - holding 7 stage interviews with telephone assessments, 'role playing' scenarios where Candidates had to act out scenarios - Jump through this shiny hoop etc. etc. etc.

All from HR People who in a great many cases are intellectual dead ends...... :P

P.S. Thanks for the clarification re., numbers Berty.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

To those who got a pfo myself included, don't take it personally.

Sometimes i think its worse to get a no after a good interview, your hopes are really up, thinking positive and a no can devestating!

But just think positive and don't take it personally. :) don't give up job hunting, things will get better someday, i just hope its not 2020. :)

I know so many people from my last place of work (nothing to do with dell) and most of us are still unemployed 1 year on, lots of skills, qualifications and experience.

Congratulations to those that did get the job.

Getting a PFO is better than nothing because Conlons BMW hired a Mini Sales Executive and their facebook had his picture on their page today.

I applied for that job in mid march, no interview, no phone call no PFO just an update on their facebook page.

They can PFO. :mad:

They probaby hired more than one supervisor. It is a 24 hour a day 365 day a year business. At least 3 Supervisors I'd say.

5 they said

• Advertisement

Getting a PFO is better than nothing because Conlons BMW hired a Mini Sales Executive and their facebook had his picture on their page today.

I applied for that job in mid march, no interview, no phone call no PFO just an update on their facebook page.

surely a mini sales person is discriminatory. Can't see them hiring a tall/large salesperson

surely a mini sales person is discriminatory. Can't see them hiring a tall/large salesperson

I knew somebody would say it eventually. :D

I knew somebody would say it eventually. :D[

not as bad as THE hyde road. that is my pet hate

Not as bad as THE hyde road. that is my pet hate

I always thought that adding in extra 'thes' in sentences was a Limerick thing.

- Where are you off ta Macca?

- I'm going down to The Argos ta buy Toys for The Christmas.

I always thought that adding in extra 'thes' in sentences was a Limerick thing.

- Where are you off ta Macca?

- I'm going down to The Argos ta buy Toys for The Christmas.

The Tesco, The Roxboro, The Corbally, The Castletroy ????
    "My sister is the student in the UL, you know the castletroy"

Sounds like a polish guy I know, uses "the" before everything.

the words i thought i would never say again - i'm starting a new job tomorrow. call centre but better than dole at least. bit of pride and self confidence will do me great. Gives me some breething space to find something better.

Thanks for all the sound advice guys

the words i thought i would never say again - i'm starting a new job tomorrow. call centre but better than dole at least. bit of pride and self confidence will do me great. Gives me some breething space to find something better.

Well done you. Delighted to hear of someone getting a job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

Well done EB, fair play to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭JimmyChew

Nice one, best of luck with it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Johnny Wilcox

Congratulations Eurasian Badger I am delighted for you. Best of luck in your new role and stay positive.

Regards

Advertisement