Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

St. James Hospital Liberties 6.5k, 22/7/10

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

4 stars (good)
    Link to the results is on this page

Bit weird they are in alphabetical order

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

4 stars (good)
    Is the position based on Finish Time or Chip Time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭aero2k

3 stars (average)
    Git101 wrote: »
    Link to the results is on this page
    You were closer to me than you were letting on..

4 stars (good)
    aero2k wrote: »
    You were closer to me than you were letting on..

Thanks but I don't think you are in any danger of being passed by me unless I can use my bike for the next race :D

Well done Aero, in the top 15, great result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭plodder

Sounds like a great race, and a genuine charity one too. I'm glad it went so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 agimcgale

3 stars (average)
    Alphabetical results are a bit strange !

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭bewleys berry

am surprised there are no pics up on www.racepix.com yet......... i'm sure there were more, but i saw two photographers around the course and i expected some pics up fairly lively...does anyone know if they will be up??

typical! the one day i have a good run:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Delighted to see this race get so many good reviews seen as I know how much work goes into it. Nice to see that non-runners can get it right when so many race directors who claim to be runners, are often, getting it so wrong.

4 stars (good)
    Delighted to see this race get so many good reviews seen as I know how much work goes into it. Nice to see that non-runners can get it right when so many race directors who claim to be runners, are often, getting it so wrong.

I haven't taken part in many races but two that have stood out for me this year are this one and the Kilcoole AC 5 mile race.
    Both were well organised and extremely well marshalled and neither had a goodie bag full of crap - St James, a t-shirt. Kilcoole, a mug - I left both races happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭bewleys berry

yeah have to agree Git.......ran both myself and they both had loads of marshalls..... kilcoole had a grand spread after too (and were blessed, or some would argue cursed:D, with the nicest morning of the summer)..... the liberties gave a bar of choc plus bottle of water at the line - grand - and hopefully it'll go ahead for many yrs cos it's a great course and starts and finishes in a lovely location...

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭footing

Edwina Hogan one of the organisers, comes from a running family going back a couple of generations. She knows what runners want.

footing wrote: »
    Edwina Hogan one of the organisers, comes from a running family going back a couple of generations. She knows what runners want.

I know that(she told me) but on a whole the organisers of this race are non-runners...jeez Mr. Pedantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭footing

I know that(she told me) but on a whole the organisers of this race are non-runners...jeez Mr. Pedantic.
    Apologies for trying to give Edwina some credit for knowing how to combine good organisation with fun - and getting a great team togther.

footing wrote: »
    Apologies for trying to give Edwina some credit for knowing how to combine good organisation with fun - and getting a great team togther.

Sure that's what both of us were doing! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭sickpuppy32

any news on the pics? I started dry retching coming up to the finish line, cue been surrounded by helpful nurses and me doing a tough man limp to the line!

• Advertisement

4 stars (good)
    any news on the pics? I started dry retching coming up to the finish line, cue been surrounded by helpful nurses and me doing a tough man limp to the line!

Some photos here

Advertisement