Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Sub-HD

• 12-05-2010 5:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭

How many Xbox games are below the 720p resolution?

Project Gotham Racing 3, Halo 3 and I assume ODST are 640p.

Alan Wake is 540p!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Technically HD starts at 480p, so all 360 games are in HD just not all are in MS's designed claim at the start of the 360's life that all games are to be at least 720p. That list covers the ones I know off hand.

At least the 360 has more games native at 720p than the PS3 has which is shocking. The PS3, for a console that was 1080p capable out of the box it was very few 1080p native games. Sice the 360 upscale 1080p update it has almost the same amount of 1080p games as the PS3 does now.

The native screen res of a game does not bother me so much, so long as the game plays and looks well, I can get around some jaggies and a few low res textures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Technically HD starts at 480p, so all 360 games are in HD just not all are in MS's designed claim at the start of the 360's life that all games are to be at least 720p. That list covers the ones I know off hand.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but 480p is ED: Extended Definition. A term originally used when progressive DVD players were introduced, and retained with EDTVs capable of progressive scan images of 480p content.
    At least the 360 has more games native at 720p than the PS3 has which is shocking.

...which makes me wonder, why do Sony claim their blu-ray discs offer superior game performance???? Lower res, also I've seen side-by-side comparisons and the majority of 360 games outperform their PS3 counterparts.
    The native screen res of a game does not bother me so much, so long as the game plays and looks well, I can get around some jaggies and a few low res textures.

Agreed, however if they're lying on the back of a case, I'm not impressed...!

Advertisement