Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Brigids Girls School Cabinteely

Options
  • 12-05-2010 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

Hi

I have my little girls name down for this school.

Does anybody have any comments about the school,good, bad or indifferant?

I'm debating between sending her here or to the gaelscoil in Stepaside and am stuck..I know very little about either as I'm not originally from around there.

Thanks,
    Pix

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

Hey Pixied, my daughter went to St. Brigids,albeit many moons ago, and it was an absolutely amazing school. I couldn't have asked for a better academic and social education for my daughter...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

my sister went there also, never heard a bad thing about it

Have only ever heard good things about St. Brigids.
    A colleague's two children attend there at the moment and she loves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Pixied

Thanks a mill for the replies!

I have also heard that St Brigids is a very good school, the only thing is no one says exactly why, for example is its good academically, in sports or are the teachers are very dedicated? or what are the class sizes? ect..does anybody know anything a bit more about the school? It would just help us in making our decision better the two schools easier as I'm told the other school is a very good school also.

Thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

Pixied wrote: »
    Thanks a mill for the replies!

I have also heard that St Brigids is a very good school, the only thing is no one says exactly why, for example is its good academically, in sports or are the teachers are very dedicated? or what are the class sizes? ect..does anybody know anything a bit more about the school? It would just help us in making our decision better the two schools easier as I'm told the other school is a very good school also.

Thanks again :)

I can't speak for now but when my daughter went there, it was wonderful academically and also wonderful for music. They had a school orchestra in which my daughter played violin. Don't remember sports being particularly prominent but then my daughter wasn't into sport anyway.
    Teachers were absolutely dedicated and this stemmed from a great principal which I think is usually the way.
    Having said all that, I imagine the gaelscoil in Stepaside is an excellent school also. If I were in your position and hear good results on both schools, I'd send my kid to the school nearest your home. Makes life easier if school pals are nearer the home and can also give independence if children can make their own way to school.

• Advertisement
Advertisement