Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking car space in or near rathmines

Options
  • 12-05-2010 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Have just started new part time job for 5 weekday afternoons in rathmines. Can only really travelby car and parking costs killing me. Wondering if anyone has a spare space in or around this area that they would be willing to share or even rent out for a low enough cost. Would really REALLY appreciate this

many thanks
    Sara:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 eavansara

Have just started new part time job for 5 weekday afternoons in rathmines. Can only really travel by car and parking costs killing me. Wondering if anyone has a spare space in or around this area that they would be willing to share or even rent out for a low enough cost. Would really REALLY appreciate this

many thanks
    Sara

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I moved this without seeing there was one already here. It's definitely suited to here rather than motors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Rathmines is very, very well connected to public transport. There are loads of buses running through it, and the green Luas line is within walking distance. If you can get to city centre or Hueston, you could take a Dublin Bike to Rathmines bridge and walk from there.

That really is your best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭dbocky

Hi are you still looking for a car space in rathmines?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 odwyer84

Hi dbocky..

I'm looking to rent a space in rathmines .. do you have one?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I got a car parking space in Rathmines. 50 euro per month works out alot cheaper than public transport and much quicker. Whats 90 minutes on a bus in the morning to work is now 20.

Riamfada wrote: »
    50 euro per month works out alot cheaper than public transport

What about petrol, tax, insurance, depreciation, servicing, NCT etc etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 fitness2010

What about petrol, tax, insurance, depreciation, servicing, NCT etc etc?

Well if he has a car already he's still going to incur tax, insurance, depreciation, servicing, NCT etc....

The only one you can really take into account is petrol.

If he's doing a huge mileage then you could take in the other but I'd imagine petrol is the only one of the list above that would really matter to the OP.

Well if he has a car already he's still going to incur tax, insurance, depreciation, servicing, NCT etc....

The only one you can really take into account is petrol.

If he's doing a huge mileage then you could take in the other but I'd imagine petrol is the only one of the list above that would really matter to the OP.

You're kidding yourself if you don't take those costs into account. If you commute by car, that is going to be a big part of your car usage. If you don't commute by car, do you really, really need a car? You can cover a lot of taxis car clubs, and a few weekend rentals instead of paying tax/insurance/depreciation/servicing etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lanathan

Hi dbocky and Riamfada do you know of any other spaces available in Rathmines?
    I'm looking to rent for July and maybe August.
    Thanks!

Advertisement