Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Modem Question

• 12-05-2010 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi Folks,
    I'm having losts of packet loss and general intermittent loss of service. UPC say there might be a line fault or something.

Can I ask, the below numbers - do they look good/bad/indifferent?

Snyone got any experience of UPC's network Support team? I'm close to the "digital hub", D8.

Joe

Name
    Cisco EPC2203

Hardware Version

Receive Power Level
    2.4 dBmV
    Transmit Power Level
    51.5 dBmV

Cable Modem Status
    Operational

Vendor
    Cisco

Boot Revision
    2.1.6lR7

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Interloper

Packet loss is an indicator of noise, which wont show up in the logs or the status page of the modem. The two power levels quoted are only useful if you know the tolerance levels of the modem itself, so wont really help.

Next time the service drops check the US / DS / Online lights on the modem. If any of them are flashing or off it indicates an issue with the service itself.

Don't reboot the modem then call Technical Support, because they're more likely to be able to find where the problem is when the service is down, as opposed to when it's working.

Advertisement