Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apache Pizza rejecting my coupon

Options
  • 12-05-2010 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭

Today in the Sun paper, there was a coupon for a pizza for €1. I brought it around 20 minuts ago and they rejected it. I asked why? He says, in his broken english, "No, 4PM." I said "No it's valid until THURSDAY at 4PM" he said no and refused to serve me.

I looked at the coupon.

""Valid until 4pm Thursday from date of publication Wednesday 12th May 2010""

Nothing about being invalid at any time on Wednesday! Nothing in the paper about it either!

IS this legal to refuse a valid coupon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Contact Head Office for Apache and explain that a coupon which you presented was refused within the attempted valid period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Done. They said someone would be in contact with me "shortly". 2 hours ago.

Scumbuckets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Fago! wrote: »
    Today in the Sun paper, there was a coupon for a pizza for €1. I brought it around 20 minuts ago and they rejected it. I asked why? He says, in his broken english, "No, 4PM." I said "No it's valid until THURSDAY at 4PM" he said no and refused to serve me.

I looked at the coupon.

Nothing about being invalid at any time on Wednesday! Nothing in the paper about it either!

I would have waited until I got a pizza. It's not your problem the chap doesn't understand plain english.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I would imagine you will get a few vouchers for free pizzas because of this. If the will work is another matter:)
    I know when I was waiting two hours for a pizza from Four star, they gave me vouchers for 3 free medium pizzas.

poisonated wrote: »
    I would imagine you will get a few vouchers for free pizzas because of this. If the will work is another matter:)
    I know when I was waiting two hours for a pizza from Four star, they gave me vouchers for 3 free medium pizzas.

They bleedin better. I'm furious! What if I had travelled ages for that, then to be rejected? HMMPH!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

dont they usually have "participating stores only" on these vouchers? maybe this store was not participating?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Done. They said someone would be in contact with me "shortly". 2 hours ago.

Scumbuckets.

did they call you back?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

stepbar wrote: »
    I would have waited until I got a pizza. It's not your problem the chap doesn't understand plain english.

You have to mention the voucher when ordering or they're no good.

foggy_lad wrote: »
    dont they usually have "participating stores only" on these vouchers? maybe this store was not participating?

It said valid in all Apache Pizza outlets in the Republic of Ireland.
    messrs wrote: »
    did they call you back?

No. Bit rude me thinks? I also think it's ridiculous that they ave a guy who can hardly speak english fronting a pizza store!!1
    Del2005 wrote: »
    You have to mention the voucher when ordering or they're no good.

Done that, still refused me.

It's a piss poor way to be for Apache Pizza, one of Ireland's biggest pizza chains.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

It's a piss poor way to be for Apache Pizza, one of Ireland's biggest pizza chains.

Flips sake, it's just an isolated incident involving a non-national with a poor grasp of the English language :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

eth0_ wrote: »
    Flips sake, it's just an isolated incident involving a non-national with a poor graps of the English language :rolleyes:

Not the only one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I made a typo.

Get onto Joe Duffy - he will sort them out!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I propose the following overreactions:

1) The invasion of whichever country the store worker was from.

2) An appeal to Rome that all Pizza production be stopped in a symbolic gesture aimed at highlighting the Wednesday 4pm issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭oneweb

As far as I'm aware, retailers are not obliged to accept coupons/vouchers, regardless the validity. Ask for the manager or write to head office to explain the situation, it's worth a try anyway.

(worked for me last year when the local centra wouldn't accept a voucher for a free 100ml tub so I wrote away to B&J customer service, got 2 vouchers for a 500ml tub of Ben and Jerrys (they didn't know if they'd sent the first, lol :D)

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭lotsofthegreen

I looked at the coupon.

ffs the coupon was valid until 4pm on each of the days and you've mis -quoted the voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

ffs the coupon was valid until 4pm on each of the days and you've mis -quoted the voucher
    Oh oh, did the OP not understand english? :eek:

If true, me thinks this should result in the OP visiting the store and apologising to the Apache employee.

I don't understand, what did he do wrong?

if you look at the time the OP posted the thread - it was before 4pm - so regardless of him mis-quoting - he was still in the shop before 4pm so he is still in the right

messrs wrote: »
    if you look at the time the OP posted the thread - it was before 4pm - so regardless of him mis-quoting - he was still in the shop before 4pm so he is still in the right
    Ah no, it was posted at "12-05-2010 18:39"- thats 6:39 in pm time minus 20 minutes before that that the OP purchased the paper so we are talking about 18:19. Thats 2 hours 19 minutes too late.

• Advertisement

But the 12th was a Wednesday?

Didn't he have another full day?

noodler wrote: »

Apparently until 4pm each day.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Those bastards! I'd ring the paper, Joe duffy, the local town gossip, the guards, email the king of Italy and then contact the Native Americans to report this absolute outrage of an unaccapted voucher worth a whole euro.

Apache, pfft as if Indians ever ate pizza anyway:rolleyes:

Sorry for being late with this, I forgot about this thread.
    axer wrote: »
    Apparently until 4pm each day.

Wrong!
    axer wrote: »
    Oh oh, did the OP not understand english? :eek:

If true, me thinks this should result in the OP visiting the store and apologising to the Apache employee.

Wrong, I understood inglishsh purfektlee!
    noodler wrote:

Right I did sir.

Wrong I mis-quoted nothing! It was 4PM ON Thursday, not everyday!
    noodler wrote: »
    I don't understand, what did he do wrong?

Nothing! Those LADS above think they have it sussed, whereas in fact they were quite wrong! I was right to complain, they were in the wrong and it''s all sorted now.

Result: I got in touch with Apache head office on the Wednesday I got refused, they said the were well at fault, the cashier should have redeemed my coupon and the sent me out a new coupon (Via Text) I got a free Pizza! It was yummy!

Heh heh also, I redeemed the voucher the next day after I got refused(Thursday when the deal finished, and a new cashier was working) and got the pizza. The they sent me a coupon for a free one. It was YUMMY!!! GIFT!

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭lotsofthegreen

Wrong!

Right I did sir.

Nothing! Those LADS above think they have it sussed, whereas in fact they were quite wrong! I was right to complain, they were in the wrong and it''s all sorted now.

Result: I got in touch with Apache head office on the Wednesday I got refused, they said the were well at fault, the cashier should have redeemed my coupon and the sent me out a new coupon (Via Text) I got a free Pizza! It was yummy!

Heh heh also, I redeemed the voucher the next day after I got refused(Thursday when the deal finished, and a new cashier was working) and got the pizza. The they sent me a coupon for a free one. It was YUMMY!!! GIFT!

The voucher said " Valid Until 4pm" and separately it stated on which dates also.

You didn't reply sooner because you know i was right and you, well, in consequence, were the subject of a lot of laughter by some boards members-well one anyway!.

The fact you got a free pizza means nothing, freebies are often the best way of dealing with eh, some customers, that eh, well better not say.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭krpc

Wrong!

Right I did sir.

I learned not too long ago: You never mess with people that serve you your food! I hope you thoroughly enjoyed the pizza and it's toppings! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

rc_irl wrote: »
    I learned not too long ago: You never mess with people that serve you your food! I hope you thoroughly enjoyed the pizza and it's toppings! :pac:

so id say you got a nice supprise on your meal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

Me thinks it's time for an image of the offending voucher

rc_irl wrote: »

http://consumerist.com/2010/04/sheriffs-deputy-sues-burger-king-over-spitty-whopper.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

maglite wrote: »

I hope the deputy kicked his ass while he was in custody.

• Advertisement

The voucher said " Valid Until 4pm" and separately it stated on which dates also

You didn't reply sooner because you know i was right and you, well, in consequence, were the subject of a lot of laughter by some boards members-well one anyway!.

The fact you got a free pizza means nothing, freebies are often the best way of dealing with eh, some customers, that eh, well better not say.

No it didn't ya lemon. Where are you getting that from? The voucher said "valid from wednesday (today) until 4pm on Thursday". It didn't say valid until 4pm everyday.

Either way, they admitted fault and fixed it.

Advertisement