Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horse Population in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

I've sent an email to the DSPCA offering my time/services/efforts. I would emplore you to do the same, esp if you find your self doing nothing of value as I have. Its not even that much time, 8 hours a month?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Nulty wrote: »
    I've sent an email to the DSPCA offering my time/services/efforts. I would emplore you to do the same, esp if you find your self doing nothing of value as I have. Its not even that much time, 8 hours a month?

Great idea...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Nulty wrote: »

Seeing as you have such great admiration and respect for horses, would you not prefer to volunteer for a horse specific welfare group, such as the Irish Horse Welfare Trust which is located near Rathdrum in county Wicklow?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

The strange thing is that every field around me has at least one or two new foals. The farmers say that at current prices it is uneconomical to breed a male & that they will just about break even with a female. So why are they breeding more ?.

The big problem with Horse rescue is space & money. The most effective way to help might be to persuade existing owners to take a rescue horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Discodog wrote: »
    The strange thing is that every field around me has at least one or two new foals. The farmers say that at current prices it is uneconomical to breed a male & that they will just about break even with a female. So why are they breeding more ?.

The big problem with Horse rescue is space & money. The most effective way to help might be to persuade existing owners to take a rescue horse.

Wonderful idea...

• Advertisement
Advertisement