Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diabetes?

• 12-05-2010 7:00pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 337 ✭✭

Howdy, Was at the docs today, i have a small cluster of bumps on my leg which one turned into a small boil, 3 weeks ago the doc gave me a penicillin based antibiotic to get rid off the offending boil, when i was on them the boil did go but two other small boils came up from the cluster and then went, so now i was left with a small red cluster of bumps, so as i said i went to the docs today to see what the feck was the story!
    Anyway, out of the blue he says is there a history of diabetes in my family, i say no, cut down on alcohol intake to 2 pints he says, gives me a prescription for antibotic cream and says come back in about a month fast that morning and ill take your blood, i go wtf, why, have i got diabetes? he just says he wishes he didn't have to ask people questions like that, now im paranoid that im diabetic.
    I looked up the symptons on the net, and i appear to have two, the boil not going away(wounds/infections slow to heal) and excessive thirst(not sure i have excessive thirst but i drink more water than other people do in work, although i do cycle in and all that and am quite a big bloke), craving sugar - i don't crave it but i do like choclate :) the more i think about it the thirstier i feel, why would the doc want to take my blood and wait a month if suspected i was diabetic?
    Im not looking for a diagnosis but does this appear suspect to you?
    cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

we really cant answer that here.

relying on the internet for medical advice or diagnosis checklists is a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally bad idea

you could google "flu" and end up convincing yourself you have aids

take your doctors advice re the alcohol and return for your fasting bloods and take it from there

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement