Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shhhh! handloading?

Options
  • 12-05-2010 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭

I realise with all the hype about cf pistols this topic has slipped into the background, but where are we on handloading??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭.243

i don't think anythings going to happen untill they review updating the explosives act

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Is it still allowed to competitors for the Creedmore Cup though .243????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Dusty87 wrote: »
    Is it still allowed to competitors for the Creedmore Cup though .243????

The Creedmore Cup is very important for the sport. Yes they will be allowed Limited handloading for it.
    If they behave them selves, show Ireland off as being good boys, the boys in the park might think about letting the general shooters having it as an option.

Until then stay with your factory stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

As has been already posted, the NRAI & MNSCI were recently given permission to run a pilot reloading scheme as part of the preparations for the Creedmoor competition in 2011.

This scheme is, I understand, in development and should hopefully be up and running soon to address the accuracy and loading issues for the Creedmore competitors. As I understand it, this scheme is pretty limitted in its scope and will (for obvious reasons) have to be "policed" and organised very strictly.

As far as I'm aware (and I am happy to stand corrected on this), it's not a case that any individual intending to shoot in the Creedmoor can automatically avail of participation in the pilot re-loading scheme.

And it is very much a pilot scheme. Hopefully all will go well and the PTB's will finally see that shooters can be trusted to "behave themselves in a responsible and mature manner" (:D:rolleyes:) and perhaps eventually this valuable and sensible option of re-loading can be made for freely accessible across the board.

Fingers crossed!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

dCorbus wrote: »
    (:D:rolleyes:) and perhaps eventually this valuable and sensible option of re-loading can be made for freely accessible across the board.

Fingers crossed!:)[/QUOTE

as IT IS IN NORTHERN IRELAND

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

It really is a ridiculous [accent] situation [/accent] that they have reloading in the north and we don't here.

Not saying any more on it lest I have a stroke :mad:

as IT IS IN NORTHERN IRELAND

Ah, yes, but you see, Northern Ireland is a different jurisdiction, in case no one has noticed.:D:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

And re-loading is allowed there, same as across the other bits of the UK (the real bits on the other side of the sea:rolleyes:;)).

But bear in mind that whilst you can re-load / handload in the UK, you can't shoot any type of pistol or handgun, rimfire or centrefire, .22 or otherwise, (except in NI oddly enough).

So, which privileges / rights would we like to swap?;)

(Please note: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D)

(Please note: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D)[/QUOTE]

I love the Queen, She has that Cougar thing going on :D:D:D

I'd keep our...

Garda: And you say there's lights out on the hill..
    Caller: Yes, and I'm sure I heard gunfire...
    Garda: Yeah, OK, no problem, sure we know that goes on, anything else now? Cat up a tree perhaps?
    Caller: .....

As opposed to...

Caller: There are lights and gunfire out on the hill yonder.
    PC: We'll immediately dispatch three helicopters and 15 armed response vehicles sir, would you like a crime number and a gold star?

I'd swap...

Our ability to have semi automatic HMR's for their ability to have 27 firearms per person as long as they can justify it.

I'd swap...

Dermot Ahern for reloading, I'd also throw in John Gormley for free.

I'd keep...

Our (somewhat eroding) system of letting the shooter use their common sense regarding which land is suitable to shoot different calibres as opposed to their land checks.

I'd swap...

Our prices for theirs.

:D

Our prices for theirs

Nope, I'd prefer to keep paying in or around €1.349 or less per litre of unleaded.

I'd prefer to not have to pay Rates / Council Tax / Poll Tax.

I'd prefer to not have to pay Water Rates.

I'd prefer to have a Proportional Representation election system.

I'd prefer to be allowed own and shoot a .22 target pistol.

I'd prefer to be allowed licence a S/A .223 if I could show "good reason" rather than be confined to "straightpull" .223
    I'd swap...Dermot Ahern for reloading, I'd also throw in John Gormley for free

But why give them away - Surely they should both be made work off their debt to society and then when we have no more use for them, we can sell them on for scrap and spare parts?:D:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I love the Queen, She has that Cougar thing going on

tackleberrywho, seek councilling - you are a very very sick man!:D:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

PTB's will finally see that shooters can be trusted to "behave themselves in a responsible and mature manner" (:D:rolleyes:) and perhaps eventually this valuable and sensible option of re-loading can be made for freely accessible across the board.

Fingers crossed!:)

Not ever going to happen I'm afraid. Never in a million years will reloading be permitted here. Never, never, never. End of! :D

Kramer wrote: »
    Not ever going to happen I'm afraid. Never in a million years will reloading be permitted here. Never, never, never. End of! :D

Why not???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

this maybe be a little silly buy why do the powers that be have such a problem with shooters reloading?

tommy:confused:

Why not???
    You are asking the wrong person. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for it but it simply won't happen.
    I'll say two words - horses mouth. Won't happen ;)

You are asking the wrong person. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for it but it simply won't happen.

Ah feck ya, thought you knew something we didnt:p

Ah feck ya, thought you knew something we didnt:p
    I do :D

I'll say two words - horses mouth. Won't happen

Hey kramer, where are you getting all this inside info, pray tell?
    You're a regular font of hearsay and unsubstatiated information.

From the mouth of which particular horse did you recieve these nuggets of info?
    Never in a million years will reloading be permitted here. Never, never, never. End of

You seem so sure about this?:D;)

No sources and hearsay.....Should we believe you and if so why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭thedragon

Whats all the big fuss about, I heard from more than the horses mouth, actually from someone thats very much in the know that the whole country is loading there own. So theres nobody really hoping or waiting to be given permission, there already doing it and more power to them.:p

thedragon wrote: »
    Whats all the big fuss about, I heard from more than the horses mouth, actually from someone thats very much in the know that the whole country is loading there own. So theres nobody really hoping or waiting to be given permission, there already doing it and more power to them.:p

Not true Sir, and that is an unfair statement to make.
    By saying the whole country is loa*ing you are taring us all with the same brush.

If loading was made legal, I might consider it. Until then NO, why bother risking all I have struggled to achieve? And many others think the same!!

• Advertisement

Ah thedragon, ever the sensible one!:D;)

Another Man with the Secret Sources:
    I heard from more than the horses mouth, actually from someone thats very much in the know

More than the Horses Mouth: WTF? Who, Mary Robinson, Bill Clinton, F. Murphy, D. Aherne, Kim Jung Il, who?
    that the whole country is loading there own

The Whole Country, surely not?
    I'm not - so that's the whole country - 1.:D

****, hate to be a minority of one.
    So theres nobody really hoping or waiting to be given permission

There's nobody?: My arse. Another sweeping unsubstantiated generalisation. God, I love this ****e. It never changes. Samo Samo.
    there already doing it and more power to them

Fair enough - Just don't get caught!;)
    Coz you'll f*** it up for us law-abiding firearms owners. And we'll know who to thank then. And it won't be the PTB's. It will be our own fellow shooters. So thanks, lads! Genius Idea!

Here we go again!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

Is this 'horses mouth' someone we can vote out next time or a permanent, penisonable, political appointee. It surely wouldn't be breaking confidentiallity, or the official secrets act to tell us that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

If only we could, what a way to spend a dirty winters rainy night.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Be careful as to what you listen to Folks .
    Especially from the Horses mouth information at the moment.Sombody is desperatly whispering in the horses ear as what to say so it gets out to us to create more panic or keep us guessing.
    Anything coming from a Horse at the moment should be examined for fecal content at the other end.;)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Would these rumors be of the same variety that said all .223's were going to be banned? :rolleyes:

johngalway wrote: »
    Would these rumors be of the same variety that said all .223's were going to be banned? :rolleyes:

I've heard the .223 Rumor for about 5 years now.:D:D
    Wrecks my head. I reckon if it's the same horse that if it is saying it he has given up trying to get rid of all his .17's and swifts in skinny barrels.

I look forward to the creedmore cup.
    it will put Ireland on the map.

lets hope we can beat the Americans and and take a lot of their tourist dollars while we are at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭SD308

Just to clarify one small but important point;

It's spelt Creedmoor as opposed to Creedmore, as it was named after the original Creedmoor Range which was in Long Island NY, USA, where the first Ireland V America match was held in 1874.

Stephen.

SD308 wrote: »
    Just to clarify one small but important point;

It's spelt Creedmoor as opposed to Creedmore, as it was named after the original Creedmoor Range which was in Long Island NY, USA, where the first Ireland V America match was held in 1874.

Stephen.

Apologies Stephen
    I'm an awful speller.
    I'm very glad the Creedmoor cup is being held in Ireland. It will be a good to see black powder in use.

It will be a great podium to show Dermo and the boys that reloading is not evil. Hopefully things will be much better in 2011!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

AFAIK it's an Open F Class event now not black powder

• Advertisement

AFAIK it's an Open F Class event now not black powder

AFAIK there will be both as per my convo today with you know who :D
    That was my understanding from my conversation anyway.

Advertisement