Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish football this weekend, 14/15 May 2010

• 12-05-2010 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭

First Division
    Friday, 14 May 2010
    Cork City 19:45 Derry City
    Limerick 19:45 Mervue United
    Finn Harps 20:00 Longford Town
    Monaghan United 20:00 Shelbourne
    Wexford Youths 20:00 Waterford United

Saturday, 15 May 2010
    Athlone Town 19:30 Salthill Devon

Premier Division
    Friday, 14 May 2010
    U.C.D. 19:45 Shamrock Rovers
    Dundalk 19:45 Galway United

Saturday, 15 May 2010
    Sligo Rovers 19:45 Drogheda United

Setanta Sports Cup Final
    Saturday, 15 May 2010
    St Pats Ath 18:30 Bohemian FC (Tallaght Stadium)

Big game at the Cross this Friday!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Cork win
    Mervue win
    Shels win
    Wexford win

Be a nice weekend then.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,618 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Cork win?:eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Why are the leagues in the wrong order of importance in the OP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

stovelid wrote: »
    Why are the leagues in the wrong order of importance in the OP?

Cos when we post the weekly thread we always leave out the other divison, buggered if i can think of the name of it :confused:

Saturday should be fun doubt i will break my 100% cup final record tho :(, we have a handful of tickets left from our 2000 :confused: Bohs have 1100 left. Strange not giving both of us more fairly sure fair few will try get them on the day.

If anything is broken in Tallaght our supporters club have to pay the fine not the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Lack of recent home games probably a problem for us. Ridiculous that they're not planning on selling tickets at the ground.

• Advertisement

bohsman wrote: »
    Ridiculous that they're not planning on selling tickets at the ground.

Security reasons I guess. Pity. Probably shift a few on the day.

Security reasons I guess. Pity. Probably shift a few on the day.

We on one side they on the other, im sure ticket booths could be setup at our seperate entrances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

We're going to lose to Monaghan :(

dreamers75 wrote: »
    We on one side they on the other, im sure ticket booths could be setup at our seperate entrances.

Was thinking more to stop any neutrals getting in on the day. :D

The ground is easily segregated as you know. There are separate turnstiles to both stand and the access to either inside is easily restricted with cordons behind the goal.

• Advertisement

Was thinking more to stop any neutrals getting in on the day. :D

Doubt any self respecting rovers fan would pay into tallaght to see either bohs or pats lift a trophy there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

In fairness, seeing Pats win a cup anywhere is a fable to tell the grandchildren - a real "I was there moment, it really happened"..

dfx- wrote: »
    In fairness, seeing Pats win a cup anywhere is a fable to tell the grandchildren - a real "I was there moment, it really happened"..

Photographic evidence will be required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Blobby George

U.C.D. 19:45 Shamrock Rovers
    Da Hoops should take this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Excellent name

dfx- wrote: »

I have a 100% record in cup finals ,went to 6 lost 6.

The one we did win i was living in US.

Töpher wrote: »

Ppppppppfffffffffffffff few cans, couple of pints, and a Mon Dog is what I'm looking forward too.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Da Hoops should take this.

Wouldn't be too sure. They'd a second string side out on monday. Yous didn't. I'd say it'll be a much closer game on friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

Bloody right. The Magic Mons are flying this season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

We really need to beat Drogheda :(

• Advertisement

Wouldn't be too sure. They'd a second string side out on monday. Yous didn't. I'd say it'll be a much closer game on friday.
    I'd still fancy da hoops by the odd goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

gustavo wrote: »
    We really need to beat Drogheda :(

Apart from when they've played us or Bray I've been hoping Drogheda win all their matches. I feel dirty... :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Great point for Galway. FT: 0-0.

Twigg looks to have won the game for Rovers with an 87th minute goal at UCD, too.

Told ye lads. Twiggy doing the business again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Just over 2000 down the X for the battle of the Cities. Derry took the lead early on, with a wickedly deflected shot. Cork did nothing for the first 45 mins but in injury time a cross came in and Mulcahy stuck it in. Cork had the better of the second half in a reasonably entertaining 45. Finished 1-1, a fair result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Just over 2000 down the X for the battle of the Cities. Derry took the lead early on, with a wickedly deflected shot. Cork did nothing for the first 45 mins but in injury time a cross came in and Mulcahy stuck it in. Cork had the better of the second half in a reasonably entertaining 45. Finished 1-1, a fair result.

Very entertaining second half alright. Delighted Mul got the goal, it's been a good week for him :)

Decent enough crowd for it, nice to see a good few Derry supporters down as well. Heres hoping we can get a good result at the RSC next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

I love being wrong! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Told ye lads. Twiggy doing the business again.

Twigg was awful...yet is there to finish his one chance comprehensively.

Great to grab the win from a very scrappy game. Bradley, Kavanagh and Dennehy were poor I thought.

Happy with that. Thought the missed sitter (by an inch or two) would cost .us.

I thought we were slack at times but I thought we were better than a lot of people were saying. UCD are a tough proposition this season and at least we're passing it around a lot more and conceding possession less. The pitch didn't help at all and looked like it needed a trim as well.

Felt sorry for Mannus. Nothing he could do for the goal which looked like a bad deflection.

Can't help thinking Bradley coming in for Bayly seemed to give us so much less composure in midfield.

• Advertisement

I love being wrong! :D

Keep doing it!

Mon dogs were quality aswell, even had two.:cool:

Thank god for alcohol and its ability to help me forget about Cup finals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Pure_Cork

Congratulations to Bohs on winning a trophy in Tallaght before Shams. Why was a final between two Dublin clubs played in Wicklow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Pure_Cork wrote: »
    Congratulations to Bohs on winning a trophy in Tallaght before Shams. Why was a final between two Dublin clubs played in Wicklow?

2008-10-30-troll.jpg

Poor game, they scored with their only shot on goal. We huffed and puffed but didnt really create anything.

poor bohs crowd at it easily outnumbered 2 to 1 :confused:

Poor game, they scored with their only shot on goal. We huffed and puffed but didnt really create anything.

poor bohs crowd at it easily outnumbered 2 to 1 :confused:

What? Rogers pulled off a world class save to deny Byrne shortly before the goal, another shot cleared off the line. Could easily have gone in 3-0 up, Pats the better side in the 2nd half but as you say never really looked like scoring other than the goal line clearance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

jaysis, nearly fifty years since pats won a cup of note:D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

they scored with their only shot on goal.
    That's Just plain wrong.

We were better in the first half, then yous put us under severe pressure in the 2nd without looking particularly penetrative.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Bohs were the better in the first half, two chances all game, one goal. We'd a fair few chances, missed all of them though. Pffft.

On another note, Bohs' support? I'd say UCD, if they were double champions would have larger crowds.

Yea, only 1900 or so Bohs fans, not great, not as if Pats attendance was something to brag about tho, especially with the Luas. Tallaght is a fair old trek for what is a minor trophy.

bohsman wrote: »
    Yea, only 1900 or so Bohs fans, not great, not as if Pats attendance was something to brag about tho, especially with the Luas. Tallaght is a fair old trek for what is a minor trophy.

If even. The "minor trophy" thing is bull**** too. If yer teams in a final of any cup, you go, end of. We sold out our 2000 ticket allocation btw, just to let you know.

• Advertisement

Congrats on that little victory, apparently we sold around 1900 of our 2k allocation, we got 4.5k for the cup final in the RDS, obviously the floating fans weren't interested and a lot of the home game regs didn't bother. If it had been held in Tolka Id be fairly sure the attendance would have been reversed.

Again arguing about attendances in the LOI is beyond pointless, nobody can brag.

Didnt think there was than many bohs fans tbh.

Only thing we can agree is on the shocking stewarding and general running of the place by the police. They sent 300 pats fans over to the bohs section before the game as they didnt know were we were meant to be :confused: took all the flags of pats fans but let bohs have theirs :confused:

20100515%20Bohs%20SSC%20Final%20e.jpg

20100515%20Bohs%20SSC%20Final%20a.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

FAI Ford Senior Cup. 2nd Round
    Glenville (Palmerstown) 1: 0 UCC

UCC were the better team, they brought a squad of 13 players up with them, mostly walking wounded. The first substition was inside the first ten minutes for a groin strain. The sub that came on had a heavily bandaged left leg.
    Glenville scored mid-way through the first half from a corner. They were able to control the pace of the game after that.
    Glenville are a good team that have gone through numerous promotions in their short life but they will need to raise their game in the next round.

Barry Malone was in goal for Glenville, his face rings a bell, does anyone know where he played in the LoI?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I heard the guards were acting the bollix with the Bohs fans on the Luas last night??

monkey9 wrote: »
    I heard the guards were acting the bollix with the Bohs fans on the Luas last night??
    Yeah, apparently it overfilled, so instead of asking people to leave calmly, they rushed in and threw people out indiscriminately, few people arrested for not cooperating.

That's what the forum's saying anyway, wasn't on it myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Yeah, apparently it overfilled, so instead of asking people to leave calmly, they rushed in and threw people out indiscriminately, few people arrested for not cooperating.

That's what the forum's saying anyway, wasn't on it myself.

Send letters into the Independent and Times. They shouldn't be allowed to get away with what i've heard they were up to on the Luas.

The disturbing thing is that the Europa League Final is on in Lansdowne Road next year. Yet these thugs in uniform are gonna be operating on a higher profile scale!!

Some of them were acting the bollix down at the Pat's end as well when we were going into legoland.

In fact, the whole organisation out there is completely sh!t There are some gobsh!tes working in that stadium. P!ss-ups in breweries and orgies in brothels spring to mind!

People involved are complaining through various routes, we really need the club to say something though.

I hope they fumigate both stands before Friday? :P

I hope they fumigate both stands before Friday? :P

Whats the return policy like in tallaght? i got a yellow seat can i return it for a red one? :D

Whats the return policy like in tallaght? i got a yellow seat can i return it for a red one? :D

Hold on to it. You paid (or will be paying) for it anyway. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement