Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl multi angle brick and block cutter

• 12-05-2010 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭

Link to power tool

Wk19_25634_b.jpg

Will be laying a patio and path in the next few weeks. Was a bit stumped on how I was going to manage to cut the brick.

Does this look any good? On sale tomorrow. I've very poor upper body strength so if it requires brute force it's no use. Brick I'm using is quite small 160mm x 160 mm approx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭tiocimarla

it wont take brute force. it shuld only take a tap of a hammer or lump hammer to split the block. Id still think you might need an angle grinder to do more delicate bits. There is no reason y it shouldnt work as long as it doesnt break

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭King Mallie

Dont use a glass hammer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

Link to power tool

Wk19_25634_b.jpg

Will be laying a patio and path in the next few weeks. Was a bit stumped on how I was going to manage to cut the brick.

Does this look any good? On sale tomorrow. I've very poor upper body strength so if it requires brute force it's no use. Brick I'm using is quite small 160mm x 160 mm approx

I've no experience with such a tool - but I have a little experience with cutting brick/block and that experience tells me that the Lidl tool's principle will work fine on some bricks ... but not at all on others. If it works it won't take strength.

And if it doesn't, other methods of cutting bricks/blocks won't take much strength either.

Rather than get into it now, perhaps you could post a photo of the "brick" and folk could pitch in on the basis of what's to be cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

Thanks for your replies. Will post picture later.

Advertisement