Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GSXR 600 or ZX6R

• 12-05-2010 8:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭

Looking for yer opinions here

Which of the 2 would be the best buy?

Taking performance and relative comfort into consideration, and the bike not being used daily. Probably summer/weekends etc.

Is the Ninja more suited to the track? Could it be used on "normal" AB roads?

I perfer the look of the Kawa but I feel the Gixxer would be a better all round bike.

What do ye think?

Pick one! 3 votes

ZX6R
    0%
    GSXR 600
    100%
    cantdecideTiggerKamiKazi 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

GSXR 600
    what year?
    this year the cbr600

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭martydunf

Tigger wrote: »
    what year?
    this year the cbr600

'05 upwards

What makes the CBR better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

GSXR 600
    if it was this year then re-sale and reliabality, 05 i'd go for the bbest deal i could find most history kept in a garage drives like a woman etc.
    zxr is the looker alright and some custom springs and shocks would make is the way you want it. you cannot overestimate te impovement of correct suspension (tiggers werigh 17 st so this may be more important for him)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

You'd probably have your pick of GSXR's as they are very popular compared to the ZX. From sitting on both bikes, I think the build quality sadly lets the Kawasaki down slightly, but in my opinion it is a much nicer bike, style wise, and I would agree on the setup customisability.

Is it still a 636 as opposed to 600? If you could find a ZX6RR that would be a cracker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

I had this question myself early this year- in the end I went for a 2007 cbr600rr and wouldn't change it for the world!

I use it for commuting so I took lots of things into consideration - and one thing I found was the zx doesn't handle the best at slow speeds where as the cbr can flick between cars like no ones business...

Didn't go the the gsxr because I couldn't find one I liked and that was unabused... - it would have been my 2nd choice..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

you should look at R6's as well - again, hard to find one that is unabused but they are great machines..

Advertisement