Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rough justice from Russia?

• 12-05-2010 9:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,854 ✭✭✭✭

you've got to hand it to the Russians sometimes, they know how to cut through red tape

http://www.cleveland.com/world/index.ssf/2010/05/pirates_have_all_died_russia_s.html
    A Russian official claimed that 10 pirates seized by Russian special forces aboard an oil tanker last week were quickly freed but then died on their way back to the Somali coast.

The official told Russian news agencies the pirates' boat disappeared from Russian radar about an hour after their release.

"They could not reach the coast and, apparently, have all died," the official said.

Officials initially said they would be taken to Russia for trial, but the Defense Ministry said Friday they'd been released because of "imperfections" in international law.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

God forgive me, but i laughed....

'imperfections in international law'.....love it...

As soon as i saw a that there was a Russian Navy ship heading towards the tanker i reckoned it was only ever gonna end one way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

They put them in a boat, 2000miles from shore, with no engine. Oddly enough, they all died.

That'll teach em!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Nicely done.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I kid you not, but a 'somali pirate spokesman' announced yesterday that the pirates were shot before being dumped in their boat.

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

I kid you not, but a 'somali pirate spokesman' announced yesterday that the pirates were shot before being dumped in their boat.

NTM

polly.4.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭oncevotedff

NTM

Did they make them walk the plank first?

My favourite Russian story is about Beirut when Hizbullah were kidnapping foreigners. They made the mistake of kidnapping someone from the Russian embassy. Next day the headman in Hizbullah got one of his sons testicles in the post with a polite note requesting the return of the Russian. They never had a problem after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

1; How does one become a spokesman for somali pirates... is their like a pirate union that elects him?

2: If they where all dead how was the "Union" told they where all shot?

3: Its a bit rich for a pirate spokesman to be appalled at murder on the high seas.

What I think happened was the Russians demanded 20,000 dollars for the return of the somalia pirate boat and crew of the "union".

They refused to pay so the Russians shot them all and dumped them in the boat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Zambia232 wrote: »
    1; How does one become a spokesman for somali pirates... is their like a pirate union that elects him?

2: If they where all dead how was the "Union" told they where all shot?

3: Its a bit rich for a pirate spokesman to be appalled at murder on the high seas.

What I think happened was the Russians demanded 20,000 dollars for the return of the somalia pirate boat and crew of the "union".

They refused to pay so the Russians shot them all and dumped them in the boat.
    Haha very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Glenshane Pass

Good stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

it might teach the "skinnys" a lessen that they should,nt be ****ing around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

More Russian justice please. That Hezbollah story was good, could only imagine someone like the Russians or the IDF doing that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

it might teach the "skinnys" a lessen that they should,nt be ****ing around

The only ones they can't mess around with are the Ruskies, they tend to elevate quickly to the level their enemy operate at and beat them at their own games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Pirates should be shot at as they actively persure clear piracy imo

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭globemaster1986

Pyr0 wrote: »
    Pirates should be shot at as they actively persure clear piracy imo

I agree. Light em up!

Advertisement