Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Random pc shutdowns Help !

• 12-05-2010 9:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Having problems with random shutdowns of my pc.

Specs:
    E6600 core2duo
    700w epsilon psu
    nvidia 8800gtx
    2 gigs of ddr2 800

Pc running fine for about 2 years (no overclocking) but now in the past few days it will run fine for maybe 15 minutes and then shut down as if someone pulled the plug fron the wall. No BSOD, no warning of any kind. If i try to start it again the fans will start spinning for a moment and then complete shutdown. If i leave it for an hour it'll powerup and work but shutdown again after 15-20 mins. This is all while pc is ideling although I can still run apps and programs even games during this 15-20 min period.

CPU temps are in the mid 30's when this happens and the system temperature is in the mid twenties. The only thing that has changed is that the 8800gtx temps are at the high 70's or 80 when the shutdown occurs. That said months ago I've exited games and found the GPU temps in the 90-100 range with no shutdown. I'm thinking probably psu issues but the fact that a wait period of an hour or so lets it work again is making me think overheating somewhere.

All fans are spinning during all this. 8800gtx at about 3000ish rpm, cpu at 1550ish. Case and psu fans i can't measure but are spinning. EDIT: bios says my cpu fan is 1550 while ntune puts it at 3552 constant and the gtx at nearly 5000.

Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated. Where do i start ? Thermal compond on the cpu/hsf ? New psu ? Swap out 8800 ?

I recently blew out the pc with compressed air before this problem. Lots of dust in the psu.

Cheapest elimination options first please !

Thanks for any help

Heckler

Comments

Advertisement