Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help trying to remember a pubs name

Options
  • 12-05-2010 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi there. Can anyone remember a pub in cork city which was on the quays beside the gate cinema. It closed down sometime about 2005.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭aCA

Bachelors on the quay

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Bachelors?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭sabrina99

That's it. Thanks a million

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I liked that place but it was always very quiet - never took off, so its closure was inevitable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭star.chaser

i was in there a few times and liked it. don't think it took off for two reasons:

1. it's location

2. it's name

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

i was in there a few times and liked it. don't think it took off for two reasons:

1. it's location

2. it's name

Very True I used to chuckle at that name every time I drove past it, It made it sound like a singles bar for lonely older men.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I remember going there when I was underage. Memories are very hazy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

It was around the same time as Bachelor's Walk TV show maybe that's where the name came from. It thought it was a bit wannabe. Almost as bad as Le Cheile!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭themonboys

Kazbah wrote: »
    It was around the same time as Bachelor's Walk TV show maybe that's where the name came from. It thought it was a bit wannabe. Almost as bad as Le Cheile!

I'd say it was called after the quay where it was located, ie Bachelors Quay.

Advertisement