Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bikram Yoga

Options
  • 12-05-2010 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

Hi,

Maybe somebody can help...................................................

I've been looking for a place that does Bikram Yoga in Cork and came across a web page on google saying that a studio will be opening shortly somewhere in Cork City.

Anybody have any idea when and where the studio will be opening.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 marzipanmouse

Hi,

There's a class on Thursday nights in Cork Movement Centre - check out http://corkmovementcentre.com/?page_id=153

It's advertised as Detox Yoga, I've been to a few classes and it's quite good, but I'm a newbie to Hot Yoga, have done only Ashtanga up to this.

Best to give the teacher a call first to check there are places as the space in there is fairly limited.

Good luck - namaste!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Deirdre249

Big Mouth wrote: »
    Hi,

Maybe somebody can help...................................................

I've been looking for a place that does Bikram Yoga in Cork and came across a web page on google saying that a studio will be opening shortly somewhere in Cork City.

Anybody have any idea when and where the studio will be opening.

Cheers.

Hi There!

So that website has been up since July of 2009. I emailed the lady to get on the emailing list and was told last August it would be opening soon but I havnt heard anything. I emailed a few places but nowhere else has Bikram Yoga. The Hot Yoga is definitely not Bikram Yoga. Its just Yoga in a warm room. I did hear from an instructor that she heard the Bikram yoga was opening in Blackrock but they were just awaiting planning permission. I heard that last month, however, if you check now the website is actually gone :-(

If you hear anything kepp us updated! I used to do it all the time and really miss it! It really is the best type of exercise I have done.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭iluvcake

Hi all,

Was looking up this website today http://bikramyogacork.ie/
    Apparently they are opening on Monday the 14th of November for anybody interested...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

iluvcake wrote: »
    Hi all,

Was looking up this website today http://bikramyogacork.ie/
    Apparently they are opening on Monday the 14th of November for anybody interested...:)

3 months for 450
    12 months over 1k and 16euros a drop in price no thanks.. I just take my normal yoga to a sauna and do it their a gym isn't even that price for a year

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭wasper

Cork24 wrote: »
    3 months for 450
    12 months over 1k and 16euros a drop in price no thanks.. I just take my normal yoga to a sauna and do it their a gym isn't even that price for a year
    I've been to the place to take some images for the web site. The place is spotless, new & it has heaters to raise the temp to 40C. Heating cost money.

• Advertisement

wasper wrote: »
    I've been to the place to take some images for the web site. The place is spotless, new & it has heaters to raise the temp to 40C. Heating cost money.

So does a 20m Pool, Steam Room, Weight Room, Sauna Room but it doesnt cost 95 euros a month or 1140 which ever way you want to pay..

As i said why should we be ripped off for Yoga which is done in a Hot Room ? I have always done some Yoga in a Sauna in my Local Gym which only Cost 8.50 for Gym/Pool or 40 Euros a Month for a Year.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭wasper

So does a 20m Pool, Steam Room, Weight Room, Sauna Room but it doesnt cost 95 euros a month or 1140 which ever way you want to pay..

As i said why should we be ripped off for Yoga which is done in a Hot Room ? I have always done some Yoga in a Sauna in my Local Gym which only Cost 8.50 for Gym/Pool or 40 Euros a Month for a Year.
    She is doing a €49 per month, in which you can go as much as you want in 30 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

It's not just doing yoga in a hot room, there's a purpose to the moves and why it's done in the heat. Don't knock it until you try it, and you don't need to take my word on it you can find out the facts here

As for the price it's competitive for Bikram so you can't compare it to a gym, it's something different. I'm guessing it'll suit some people better than others so I'm glad to see something new in Cork, same as TRX, spinning or whatever. It's good that we've the choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Doge

Reposting this here as the Yoga forum seems to be a bit dead.....
    (Never even heard of "Bikram Yoga" btw)

Hi there!

Could anyone recommend a good yoga class for a beginner in Cork, possibly in the city centre but anywhere that's accessible by bus would be fine.

**Ideally** if it was an instructor that was trained by a Guru in India,
    or someone who does "pure" Yoga if you get me. Not some watered down type.

I never stretch, and the joints are starting to degrade slightly,

but I'd also be interested in the breathing side of it, the meditation side and spiritual side also.

Couldnt care less if i was the only man in the group either, it wouldn't phase me one bit.

Although I'd imagine in this day and age, most classes would be mixed.

Here's to progression and all that!

Thanks for your time! :)

Cork city movement centre

http://corkmovementcentre.com/

• Advertisement
Advertisement