Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wrestlezone?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

cena wrote: »
    is there many of ye guys going too this. i'm still not sure about buying a ticket

I'm sure AIB or one of them will sort ya out there for a loan :pac:

No chance, between the cost of it and the dodgy promoting that went on here, my money would be much better spent elsewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

There's an abandoned shop down the road from me, and whenever theres something on a flyer goes up on the window. Over the years I always see the flyers for TNA, WWE and the odd few indy shows. When I see a flyer for Wrestlezone Ireland up in that window, I'll have more faith. And then I'll wait until I can afford a ticket like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

flahavaj wrote: »
    Nah his credibility is shattered.

Lying will do that tbh.

I was going to ask what this comment was about and wondered were people stung before and lost money etc. but the amount of hyperbole "Europe's largest convention etc." after 4 pages has left be nauseated. Far too much money and no guarantees. This is celtic tiger property bubble nonsense spending money on opulence like this.

Though I wouldn't have minded asking Jimmy Hart how much of the NWO theme he actually wrote and does he own the rights to it :)

oh and Greg Valentine was great, probably quite underrated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Can I ask, I wasn't here when all the 'lying' was going on, but in short what's it all about?
    Not trying to be smart assed but I'm just curious?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

CMpunked wrote: »
    Can I ask, I wasn't here when all the 'lying' was going on, but in short what's it all about?

Have a read through this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Basically the Orgainser didnt endear himself to anyone on the forum and had himself banned for multipul accounts, but your better off just reading the original thread.. Its pretty entertaining tbh:pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

^^ start at post 254

That's quite worrying..

I don't see why he doesn't think about involving someone like ffpw, (that's the awr guys, right?) into having a few matches.
    No need to have the old timers get involved, maybe dibiase could accompany someone or whatever.

But I can't see 160 being a decent price, 100, maybe, but it's not enough just for a nostalgia bomb.

But I can't see 160 being a decent price, 100, maybe, but it's not enough just for a nostalgia bomb.

No it doesn't look decent at all does it? That American Rampage show with Bret a few years ago seemed to have the winning formula.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I know this is only speculating but say the event pulls 500 altogether which the "promoter" says will be the attendance, and we'll assume 450 of these are paying adults and 50 are children (because I can't imagine a lot of kids being brought to this) you're talking upwards of €70k revenue for the event....

That's a lot of money, and whilst business is business, one can only assume a lot of that is profit...

I know this is only speculating but say the event pulls 500 altogether which the "promoter" says will be the attendance, and we'll assume 450 of these are paying adults and 50 are children (because I can't imagine a lot of kids being brought to this) you're talking upwards of €70k revenue for the event....

That's a lot of money, and whilst business is business, one can only assume a lot of that is profit...

Yep. Ireland of the last ten years and the rip off "republic" in general summed up in a succinct paragraph on a forum about a fake sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Yep. Ireland of the last ten years and the rip off "republic" in general summed up in a succinct paragraph on a forum about a fake sport.

Agreed. The point I was making though, is that although the figure is speculative, its a hell of an extortionate potential profit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Ya, i can't justify myself paying more than 50 quid, but good on ya those who can. it's just an autograph session, though?

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭wayne76

You'll be sorry if you don't go to this.i am here with Alan now.i know lots of the tickets sold have been UK based which is where Alan does alot of his other sports stuff.
    He has his Sunday World advert and article out on Sept 5th and he has his friend Million Dollar man going on WWR for Dave Long on Sept 3rd for a 10 minute slot talking about the show where i think you can win tickets for wrestlezone ireland. He also added an under 18 ticket recently for 35euro cheaper as alot of under 18's are coming on their own and there has been way more than 50 kids bought their tickets and he said to me he was actually hoping to add to the talent on the day. just giving you an update from him.winking_smile.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

If alan has a website for his meet, why are we still getting updates. Anyone who cares can check the site, anyone who doesn't will stay a skeptical hippo ^^^^ like that one.

• Advertisement

wayne76 wrote: »
    You'll be sorry if you don't go to this.

lol, i read that as a threat :pac:

best of luck with the show

You'll be sorry if you don't go to this.i am here with Alan now.i know lots of the tickets sold have been UK based which is where Alan does alot of his other sports stuff.
    He has his Sunday World advert and article out on Sept 5th and he has his friend Million Dollar man going on WWR for Dave Long on Sept 3rd for a 10 minute slot talking about the show where i think you can win tickets for wrestlezone ireland. He also added an under 18 ticket recently for 35euro cheaper as alot of under 18's are coming on their own and there has been way more than 50 kids bought their tickets and he said to me he was actually hoping to add to the talent on the day. just giving you an update from him.winking_smile.gif
    Would it not have been cheaper all round to just hold the event in Britain?

a 10 minute slot talking about the show where i think you can win tickets for wrestlezone ireland.]

If he was there with you, you wouldn't have to think..

I propose we all chip in a 5er and have a raffle and nominate someone to go on our behalf.
    This person can then ask all the questions we want to know, can get autographs from the ones we want and be our 'inside man'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Still not sure a fiver each would get us enough for the ticket price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I live close buy. I'm willing to be sponsored to go on this wrestling pilgrimage. I'll even pay my bus fare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

To whom it may concern,

Just a quick note to all who enquired about Wrestlezone Ireland and who in turn have bought their tickets. Since the addition of the Under 18 ticket price the event is now almost sold out and I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has done so and inform others we still have some left at www.wrestlezoneireland.com
    I have got hundreds of emails and enquiries about it from Ireland and the UK and even some from Holland and Romania and now we can't wait for the show.

For those who have their tickets the day is planned out as follows:
    9am to 12.30pm : Meet and greet/photograph/autograph/chat etc with all 13 superstars. This will be up close and personal with all the stars as I am only allowing 300 in each day. This will eliminate and queing to meet whoever you want to meet.

12.30pm to 2pm : Lunch ( which is included in your ticket )

2pm to 4pm : Q & A

For those interested Ted "The Million Dollar Man" will be doing interviews on various radio stations in Sept starting September 3rd on Dublin City FM and there is an in dept article on the Sunday World on Sept 5th along with a 12 x 9cm advert. This advert was agreed in January to go live 9 weeks before the event so will give the event great publicity as Irelands first and Europes biggest ever wrestling convention..

It is going to be a brilliant 2 days folks and I hope you are looking forward to it as much as all of us involved in putting on the show.

Many thanks,
    Alan.

this was also a small image that was part of the email and it said that tickets are nearly gone

cena wrote: »
    ....the event is now almost sold out ...

this was also a small image that was part of the email and it said that tickets are nearly gone

Making a big deal about a show being "nearly sold out" is a cute trick some promoters can use to drum up ticket sales - "ooh tickets are nearly sold out, only a few left, better buy yours well in advance!".

So is anyone on boards.ie that isn't friends or
    sharing an IP address
    with the promoter actually going to this?

If not then these updates are falling on deaf ears, serves no positive purpose and the thread should be locked (information on the how/when/etc already having been posted)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

After reading the whole original thread - I feel sorry for everyone. Just about no one covered themselves in glory. Entertaining, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Syferus wrote: »
    After reading the whole original thread - I feel sorry for everyone. Just about no one covered themselves in glory. Entertaining, though.

Tbh, I don't think no one was purposely trying to cover themselves in glory in it. The majority of us were just voicing our opinions on the price of it. If you read over the start of it again, there was serious interest in it until the price was revealed.

I was very interested in this whole thing when it was first announced.

But in the space of a week I'm seeing my 2 favourite bands of all time and it's costing roughly the same amount of money.
    160 for 1 day is ridiculous.

What's stopping anyone booking themselves into the hotel that night, and assuming they are staying there, hang out in the lobby/bar Saturday evening.
    It would be just as cheap, if not cheaper to do that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Syferus wrote: »

BULLSH*T.

I was magnificent in the original thread, back to my former days of glory as an anti-IWW powerhouse.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭wayne76

Tbh, I don't think no one was purposely trying to cover themselves in glory in it. The majority of us were just voicing our opinions on the price of it. If you read over the start of it again, there was serious interest in it until the price was revealed.
    well to be honest fella if the price was the only issue well and good,
    but the sceptism and tbh ignorance of some people is shocking,
    people working out possible income for alan-organiser not 1 person has asked about the cost's
    ie.wrestler's fee's, venue's fee's, flight's cost's as most of them are travelling 1st class by request,
    so ignorance is rife on here the gas thing is i bet some have bought their ticket's already.
    if they'e done any sort of research into this type of thing the price wouldn't be as much an issue:)

Is Alan holding this event as a wrestling fan, or as a promoter?
    Because by his attitude towards other wrestling fans on this forum, he seems the latter.

Forgive us if we're not climbing over each other to buy tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

I was very interested in this whole thing when it was first announced.

But in the space of a week I'm seeing my 2 favourite bands of all time and it's costing roughly the same amount of money.
    160 for 1 day is ridiculous.

What's stopping anyone booking themselves into the hotel that night, and assuming they are staying there, hang out in the lobby/bar Saturday evening.
    It would be just as cheap, if not cheaper to do that!

You were also Limping with the Bizkit on Tuesday too then?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

well to be honest fella if the price was the only issue well and good,
    but the sceptism and tbh ignorance of some people is shocking,
    people working out possible income for alan-organiser not 1 person has asked about the cost's
    ie.wrestler's fee's, venue's fee's, flight's cost's as most of them are travelling 1st class by request,
    so ignorance is rife on here the gas thing is i bet some have bought their ticket's already.
    if they'e done any sort of research into this type of thing the price wouldn't be as much an issue:)

Honestly Wayne, if Alan has actually almost sold out this event, why are you even bothering posting in this thread? Seriously man with every new post and indeed argument, that both you and Alan got yourselves into, the legitimacy of this event then becomes more questionable to us. This is hardly the way professional business people act, react or treat their target demographic, both you guys have given the majority of posters on this forum(your target audience by the way) the impression that this is an event run by a fu*king cowboy..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Closing this as no good can come from it.

Best of luck with wrestlezone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement