Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My daily selections

Options
  • 12-05-2010 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

Firstly to the 4:45 Salisbury , i like Joe Packet. This horse was runner-up twice in 2 year old maidens up to 7 furlongs but hadnt seen this years races out so i think this step back in trip to 6 furlongs will surely aid his chances tomorrow. This horse ran over 6 furlongs at Windsor last July on good to firm ground and ran a blinder , finishing 2nd at a huge price , and finished 2 places ahead of a horse called Yaa Wayl , who came out the other day and won a very competitive race at Chester. Then at Salisbury he again ran over 6 furlongs on good to firm ground and was again 2nd. Since then he has been ran over a mile and 7 furlongs so you can see why i must fancy this horses chances now dropped back to 6 furlongs. Has also ran off 77 a few starts back and runs off a low mark of 70 tomorrow. David Probert takes the ride for the Portman stable, who have had a few large gambled horses recently so dont be surprised if this horse is well backed tomorrow and im expecting a good run at the forecast price of 16/1. 2 Points e/w.

Onto York 4:55 , i give an e/w squeak to Hollins. This is a very lightly-raced horse and interestingly made a winning return last year over 1 mile 2 furlongs at Pontefract in July. Hasnt been very impressive since but did have a win over hurdles at Kelso. Interestingly, Hollins is back to its last winning mark of 70 and has won fresh as he did last year. In that race last year, he comprehensively disposed of Jeer by 11 lengths who also runs in this race tomorrow. Freddie Tylicki knows this horse as he has won on him, has a handy 3 pound claim , goes well fresh and has an e/w squeak for me at a forecast 25/1. 1 Point e/w.

Perth 5:40 brings my last bet. Forcefield has improved with each start to date , second over course and distance on heavy going last month. Stayed on well that day but i think good ground might see even more improvement in this horse. I think he was beat by a decent horse in Skipper Robin that day, and it ran a cracker considering the price, if connections fancy this tomorrow i think it has a right chance at the forecast price of 10/1. 2 Points e/w.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭lorenzo87

lorenzo87 wrote: »
    Firstly to the 4:45 Salisbury , i like Joe Packet. This horse was runner-up twice in 2 year old maidens up to 7 furlongs but hadnt seen this years races out so i think this step back in trip to 6 furlongs will surely aid his chances tomorrow. This horse ran over 6 furlongs at Windsor last July on good to firm ground and ran a blinder , finishing 2nd at a huge price , and finished 2 places ahead of a horse called Yaa Wayl , who came out the other day and won a very competitive race at Chester. Then at Salisbury he again ran over 6 furlongs on good to firm ground and was again 2nd. Since then he has been ran over a mile and 7 furlongs so you can see why i must fancy this horses chances now dropped back to 6 furlongs. Has also ran off 77 a few starts back and runs off a low mark of 70 tomorrow. David Probert takes the ride for the Portman stable, who have had a few large gambled horses recently so dont be surprised if this horse is well backed tomorrow and im expecting a good run at the forecast price of 16/1. 2 Points e/w.

Onto York 4:55 , i give an e/w squeak to Hollins. This is a very lightly-raced horse and interestingly made a winning return last year over 1 mile 2 furlongs at Pontefract in July. Hasnt been very impressive since but did have a win over hurdles at Kelso. Interestingly, Hollins is back to its last winning mark of 70 and has won fresh as he did last year. In that race last year, he comprehensively disposed of Jeer by 11 lengths who also runs in this race tomorrow. Freddie Tylicki knows this horse as he has won on him, has a handy 3 pound claim , goes well fresh and has an e/w squeak for me at a forecast 25/1. 1 Point e/w.

Perth 5:40 brings my last bet. Forcefield has improved with each start to date , second over course and distance on heavy going last month. Stayed on well that day but i think good ground might see even more improvement in this horse. I think he was beat by a decent horse in Skipper Robin that day, and it ran a cracker considering the price, if connections fancy this tomorrow i think it has a right chance at the forecast price of 10/1. 2 Points e/w.

Great day today. Joe Packet was 3rd @ 15/2, backed off the boards as predicted. Hollins was also backed well and pissed in at 9/1. The other was a non-runner.

Total Profit today : +13 Points

Newbury 4:00 brings my first selection , Bournefree. It is having its first run out tomorrow and moight be just out for the run but is related to several winners and a half-sister to 3 more. Has a speedy pedigree out of Tiger Hill and i like the trainer Kirk so i think it is overpriced at the forecast 20/1 and might run a solid race. 1 Point e/w.

In the 4:20 at York i will be backing Ingleby Lady. This horse was a very progressive sprinter in 2009, winning twice prior to going down narrowly in the Ayr Bronze Cup in September. Interestingly this horse won first-time out last year , and the yard is in red-hot form. Is running off a fair 92, is running fresh and i can see this one going very close at a good e/w price at the forecast 10/1. Its my nap. 2.5 Points e/w.

Lastly onto the 5:10 at Newbury , Shooting Party. This horse has looked like 1 mile 2 was his trip but for some reason in recent attempts has faded badly. My reckoning for that was the soft ground, and is back on good ground tomorrow and running fresh. This is a lightly-raced horse and is back to its last and only winning mark of 70, where it won at Windsor over just over 1 mile on good ground , and that was a fairly decent race. Hannon knows how to get one ready, a slight worry would be Richard Hughes riding the favourite for a different stable but who knows the reasoning for that. Looks overpriced to me at a forecast 16/1. 1.5 Points e/w.

Newbury 4:00 brings my first selection , Bournefree. It is having its first run out tomorrow and moight be just out for the run but is related to several winners and a half-sister to 3 more. Has a speedy pedigree out of Tiger Hill and i like the trainer Kirk so i think it is overpriced at the forecast 20/1 and might run a solid race. 1 Point e/w.

In the 4:20 at York i will be backing Ingleby Lady. This horse was a very progressive sprinter in 2009, winning twice prior to going down narrowly in the Ayr Bronze Cup in September. Interestingly this horse won first-time out last year , and the yard is in red-hot form. Is running off a fair 92, is running fresh and i can see this one going very close at a good e/w price at the forecast 10/1. Its my nap. 2.5 Points e/w.

Lastly onto the 5:10 at Newbury , Shooting Party. This horse has looked like 1 mile 2 was his trip but for some reason in recent attempts has faded badly. My reckoning for that was the soft ground, and is back on good ground tomorrow and running fresh. This is a lightly-raced horse and is back to its last and only winning mark of 70, where it won at Windsor over just over 1 mile on good ground , and that was a fairly decent race. Hannon knows how to get one ready, a slight worry would be Richard Hughes riding the favourite for a different stable but who knows the reasoning for that. Looks overpriced to me at a forecast 16/1. 1.5 Points e/w.

Ingleby Lady wins nicely at 6/1.
    Todays Profit +8.75

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭In_tuition

Well done man.

Keep up the good insights.

In_tuition wrote: »
    Well done man.

Keep up the good insights.

Thanks very much. :)

• Advertisement

My first bet is in the 2:30 , Green Moon. This is a very lightly raced horse and was well held on debut in October. 2 weeks later it ran again and finished a very creditable 4th of 15 behind a decent Godolphin horse and that race has thrown up winners. On its only other run at Leicester over 1 mile 1 furlong , it destroyed the field by 5 lengths and i think this horse is open to a lot more improvement as it is out of Montjeu. Is its first handicap , runs off 82 and the booking of Spencer look significant and i think this horse can go well at the forecast price of 10/1. 1.5 Points e/w

Onto the 3:40 , i will be backing Desert Phantom. This horse is down in grade , as it was a Listed winner at 2 years old. Then had a long lay-off and ran a poor enough return, and that was its only run last year. Ran a respectable return lately over 5 furlongs at Newbury off 95 , is dropped to 94 and is running over a more suitable 6 furlongs. Richard Hughes is a significant jockey booking and if anywhere near its best , should definately be battling out the finishat the forecast price of 11/1. 1 Point e/w.

My NAP comes in the 4:15 , Plume. This horse has only had the two runs. On its debut it was well beaten by Pipette at Salisbury but Hannon knows how to ready a horse and on its only other outing , it beat Posy Fossil by 4 and 1/2 lengths at Haydock over 6 furlongs last September. That day, the horse wasnt even shoved along, won on the bridle. Good to firm ground suits as that was the ground it won on at Haydock , is up in trip to 7 furlongs but that is no problem as it shaped like further would suit as it didnt even come off the bridle over 6, showed electric cruising speed. Richard Hughes rides and this horse could be anything, it could be very special and would be overpriced at the forecast price of 4/1. 5 Point win

My first bet is in the 2:30 , Green Moon. This is a very lightly raced horse and was well held on debut in October. 2 weeks later it ran again and finished a very creditable 4th of 15 behind a decent Godolphin horse and that race has thrown up winners. On its only other run at Leicester over 1 mile 1 furlong , it destroyed the field by 5 lengths and i think this horse is open to a lot more improvement as it is out of Montjeu. Is its first handicap , runs off 82 and the booking of Spencer look significant and i think this horse can go well at the forecast price of 10/1. 1.5 Points e/w

Onto the 3:40 , i will be backing Desert Phantom. This horse is down in grade , as it was a Listed winner at 2 years old. Then had a long lay-off and ran a poor enough return, and that was its only run last year. Ran a respectable return lately over 5 furlongs at Newbury off 95 , is dropped to 94 and is running over a more suitable 6 furlongs. Richard Hughes is a significant jockey booking and if anywhere near its best , should definately be battling out the finishat the forecast price of 11/1. 1 Point e/w.

My NAP comes in the 4:15 , Plume. This horse has only had the two runs. On its debut it was well beaten by Pipette at Salisbury but Hannon knows how to ready a horse and on its only other outing , it beat Posy Fossil by 4 and 1/2 lengths at Haydock over 6 furlongs last September. That day, the horse wasnt even shoved along, won on the bridle. Good to firm ground suits as that was the ground it won on at Haydock , is up in trip to 7 furlongs but that is no problem as it shaped like further would suit as it didnt even come off the bridle over 6, showed electric cruising speed. Richard Hughes rides and this horse could be anything, it could be very special and would be overpriced at the forecast price of 4/1. 5 Point win

Good day again even though my Nap didnt win. Green Moon won cosily at the lovely price of 11/1. My other selection was disappointing.

Todays Profit +6.62

My first bet comes in the 2:00 Market Rasen , just a tentative selection , Sphere. This horse has won a 1 and 1/2 mile seller on the flat and was returned to a similar level last time out when finishing 5th of 11 at Uttoxeter. The ground that day was good to soft but the ground it won on before was good so i think this better ground tomorrow will see him in better light. I think its open to a bit of improvement , and obviously the favourite will be very hard to beat , but he might sneak a place at the forecast 10/1. 1 Point e/w.

My second bet comes in the 3:20 Stratford , Bet Noir. This horse has been a disappointing maiden on the flat. Then was runner-up three times over hurdles in 2009. It is a very risky horse but it is a muck race and if reproducing some of his placed efforts, should win this tomorrow. Goes best on good ground , and a very handy claimer aboard in Anthony Freeman. Im expecting this horse to go very close tomorrow as he should be fresh from a break, 2 miles is the right trip for him too at a forecast 5/1. 4 Points win.

Our Jim is running again tomorrow in the 3:30 Market Rasen and i already had a write-up done for him so if you read back onto my last page of my blog, you shall be able to see the reasonings for fancying him. Tomorrow is a forecast price of 8/1. 2 Points e/w.

My first bet comes in the 2:00 Market Rasen , just a tentative selection , Sphere. This horse has won a 1 and 1/2 mile seller on the flat and was returned to a similar level last time out when finishing 5th of 11 at Uttoxeter. The ground that day was good to soft but the ground it won on before was good so i think this better ground tomorrow will see him in better light. I think its open to a bit of improvement , and obviously the favourite will be very hard to beat , but he might sneak a place at the forecast 10/1. 1 Point e/w.

My second bet comes in the 3:20 Stratford , Bet Noir. This horse has been a disappointing maiden on the flat. Then was runner-up three times over hurdles in 2009. It is a very risky horse but it is a muck race and if reproducing some of his placed efforts, should win this tomorrow. Goes best on good ground , and a very handy claimer aboard in Anthony Freeman. Im expecting this horse to go very close tomorrow as he should be fresh from a break, 2 miles is the right trip for him too at a forecast 5/1. 4 Points win.

Our Jim is running again tomorrow in the 3:30 Market Rasen and i already had a write-up done for him so if you read back onto my last page of my blog, you shall be able to see the reasonings for fancying him. Tomorrow is a forecast price of 8/1. 2 Points e/w.

Not a great day today but we all have them. Bet Noir was a non-runner, Sphere faded tamely and Our Jim was just out of the places.

Todays Loss -6 Points

Sticking with Newton Abbot tomorrow.

In the 2:20 , i like Jetnova. This horse is having its first run for Alan King tomorrow and is very interesting. It won an Irish maiden at the 5th attempt in April 2009 , and has been off the track for over a year now. I think Alan King does very well with his new recruits , Choc Thornton takes the ride , is in a moderate race and i think it could be a solid e/w bet at the forecast price of 6/1. 1 Point e/w.

Next to the 3:20 , i will be backing Tabaran. This horse has progressed very well this year , has really impressed me anyhow. He won a seller at Stratford and won a handicap here at Newton Abbot over 2 miles 6 furlongs during March/April and has ran two solid races since. This horse is a front runner and travels well and is now dropped back to 2 miles 3, so i reckon this horse could have the race won 2 furlongs out if it travels the way it has done recently. When it won at Newton Abbot, it comprehensively beat a horse called Markington who has come out since and ran a very creditable 2nd at Ludlow , losing out to Moghaayer of Nicky Hendersons. I think this horse will go very close tomorrow at the forecast price of 6/1. 2 Points e/w.

Last of all the 4:50 , i will be backing Lieutenant Miller. Nicky Henderson has an exceptional record in bumpers , and even though on pedigree he doesnt jump out a mile as he is by Beat All , he is also a sister to General Miller who is an exceptional horse, winning at Cheltenham in a class event this year. McCoy takes the ride and is a forecast price of 9/2 , but i really doubt that will be available tomorrow. Should go close. 4 Points win.

• Advertisement

Sticking with Newton Abbot tomorrow.

In the 2:20 , i like Jetnova. This horse is having its first run for Alan King tomorrow and is very interesting. It won an Irish maiden at the 5th attempt in April 2009 , and has been off the track for over a year now. I think Alan King does very well with his new recruits , Choc Thornton takes the ride , is in a moderate race and i think it could be a solid e/w bet at the forecast price of 6/1. 1 Point e/w.

Next to the 3:20 , i will be backing Tabaran. This horse has progressed very well this year , has really impressed me anyhow. He won a seller at Stratford and won a handicap here at Newton Abbot over 2 miles 6 furlongs during March/April and has ran two solid races since. This horse is a front runner and travels well and is now dropped back to 2 miles 3, so i reckon this horse could have the race won 2 furlongs out if it travels the way it has done recently. When it won at Newton Abbot, it comprehensively beat a horse called Markington who has come out since and ran a very creditable 2nd at Ludlow , losing out to Moghaayer of Nicky Hendersons. I think this horse will go very close tomorrow at the forecast price of 6/1. 2 Points e/w.

Last of all the 4:50 , i will be backing Lieutenant Miller. Nicky Henderson has an exceptional record in bumpers , and even though on pedigree he doesnt jump out a mile as he is by Beat All , he is also a sister to General Miller who is an exceptional horse, winning at Cheltenham in a class event this year. McCoy takes the ride and is a forecast price of 9/2 , but i really doubt that will be available tomorrow. Should go close. 4 Points win.

Jetnova ran a respectable 3rd @ 14/1... Tabaran romped home @ 9/2 and Lieutenant Miller was a disappointing 6th.

Todays Profit. +5.05 Points

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

he is also a sister to General Miller

Be jaysus. :pac:

My first bet comes in the 3:00 Nottingham , Midget. This horse is very lightly raced and clearly has potential as it won on its debut for Michael Magnusson last summer. Since then it changed stables to D Carroll , finishing 5th on its first outing for this stable and i will forgive its last run as he completely missed the break. The race he won was at Beverley on good to firm ground so tomorrows conditions are perfect. Runs the same trip of 5 furlongs also and Carroll is a shrewd trainer, im sure when he took this horse in, he is planning a win with it. Winners have come out of the race it won and i think this horse can go well at the forecast 20/1. 1 Point e/w.

My second bet comes in the 3:20 Brighton , Musical Script. This horse is best suited to a very fast run race which i think it will get tomorrow. It is winless since December 2008 and has never been successful on turf , but last time out on turf at Warwick over 6 furlongs , it was staying on very fast at the finish so this trip of 7 furlongs tomorrow should be right up its alley and with a reproduction will figure i feel. This horse has won off a mark of 70 and runs off 55 tomorrow so if fully fit should fill a place and might win at the forecast price of 7/1. 2 Points e/w.

My final bet comes in the 4:30 Nottingham , Bursary. This is a very well bred son of Elusive Quality and cost a big 350,000 dollars as a yearling so good things can be expected im sure , maybe not tomorrow but he could very easily win tomorrow. Frankie Dettori takes the mount for Mark Johnston whos horses are very game , tough to pass and this horse could be a very talented one and i shall have a bet at the forecast price of 5/1. 4 Point win

My first bet comes in the 3:00 Nottingham , Midget. This horse is very lightly raced and clearly has potential as it won on its debut for Michael Magnusson last summer. Since then it changed stables to D Carroll , finishing 5th on its first outing for this stable and i will forgive its last run as he completely missed the break. The race he won was at Beverley on good to firm ground so tomorrows conditions are perfect. Runs the same trip of 5 furlongs also and Carroll is a shrewd trainer, im sure when he took this horse in, he is planning a win with it. Winners have come out of the race it won and i think this horse can go well at the forecast 20/1. 1 Point e/w.

My second bet comes in the 3:20 Brighton , Musical Script. This horse is best suited to a very fast run race which i think it will get tomorrow. It is winless since December 2008 and has never been successful on turf , but last time out on turf at Warwick over 6 furlongs , it was staying on very fast at the finish so this trip of 7 furlongs tomorrow should be right up its alley and with a reproduction will figure i feel. This horse has won off a mark of 70 and runs off 55 tomorrow so if fully fit should fill a place and might win at the forecast price of 7/1. 2 Points e/w.

My final bet comes in the 4:30 Nottingham , Bursary. This is a very well bred son of Elusive Quality and cost a big 350,000 dollars as a yearling so good things can be expected im sure , maybe not tomorrow but he could very easily win tomorrow. Frankie Dettori takes the mount for Mark Johnston whos horses are very game , tough to pass and this horse could be a very talented one and i shall have a bet at the forecast price of 5/1. 4 Point win

Great day today. Midget was backed from 20/1 into 6/1 and was in the places , finishing 4th @ 6/1. Musical Script relished the step up in trip like predicted and won cosily @ 11/1. Bursary ran a blinder of a debut but was beaten into 3rd by a classy animal in the making.

Todays Profit +20 Points

My first bet comes in the 4:45 Lingfield , Castleburg. This is a lightly raced filly who won a 1 mile handicap here in March. Fergus Sweeney seems to get the best tune out of this horse and he is back on board tomorrow. Is a course and distance winner, the Moore stable is very dangerous here and the race it won in March was a Class 5, this is a Class 6 Claiming stakes tomorrow so i think could easily figure tomorrow at the forecast price of 12/1. 1 Point e/w.

Next onto the 5:05 Kelso i will be having a bet on Moment Of Madness. This was a fairly reliable handicap chaser when with Tim Fitzgerald , and has won a few recent point-to-points which should put him right into the mix here tomorrow. Was once running off a mark of 108 so if retaining its ability will figure im sure. Seems to run best on good ground which it has tomorrow and i think it can put up a good show at the forecast price of 12/1. 2 Points e/w.

Finally my last bet will be in the 5:40 Kelso , Mr Jay Dee. This horse was favourite when runner-up at Bangor on debut , then disappointed at Sedgefield 2 weeks later , going off 11/8 favourite but beaten 24 lengths into 3rd place. This horse i feel will relish better ground tomorrow as its 2 runs have been on soft going , i think this horse has a major chance tomorrow and Swinbank's record in bumpers speaks for itself. 2 miles should suit perfectly and could take a lot of beating at the forecast price of 7/4. 4 Points win.

My first bet comes in the 4:45 Lingfield , Castleburg. This is a lightly raced filly who won a 1 mile handicap here in March. Fergus Sweeney seems to get the best tune out of this horse and he is back on board tomorrow. Is a course and distance winner, the Moore stable is very dangerous here and the race it won in March was a Class 5, this is a Class 6 Claiming stakes tomorrow so i think could easily figure tomorrow at the forecast price of 12/1. 1 Point e/w.

Next onto the 5:05 Kelso i will be having a bet on Moment Of Madness. This was a fairly reliable handicap chaser when with Tim Fitzgerald , and has won a few recent point-to-points which should put him right into the mix here tomorrow. Was once running off a mark of 108 so if retaining its ability will figure im sure. Seems to run best on good ground which it has tomorrow and i think it can put up a good show at the forecast price of 12/1. 2 Points e/w.

Finally my last bet will be in the 5:40 Kelso , Mr Jay Dee. This horse was favourite when runner-up at Bangor on debut , then disappointed at Sedgefield 2 weeks later , going off 11/8 favourite but beaten 24 lengths into 3rd place. This horse i feel will relish better ground tomorrow as its 2 runs have been on soft going , i think this horse has a major chance tomorrow and Swinbank's record in bumpers speaks for itself. 2 miles should suit perfectly and could take a lot of beating at the forecast price of 7/4. 4 Points win.

Another good day today with Moment Of Madness obliging at 7/1. My other selections were 6th and 3rd.

Todays Profit +5.50

In the 2:10 Southwell , Kingaroo. This horse has been running mainly on turf of late but does not run well on turf at all, always runs at its best on the all-weather and tomorrow is an all-weather race. He ran here in April on his first run of the year and finished 3rd to Scruffy Skip who will probably be favourite tomorrow. Kingaroo ran off 50 that day and Scruffy Skip ran off 51 , and Scruffy Skip runs off 65 tomorrow so Kingaroo is definately weighted to turn the tide of that run as he is 16 pound better off tomorrow and only lost by 4 lengths. Has won off of 52 over course and distance and has run off a mark as hugh as 63 so running off 49 tomorrow i feel he has a very decent chance. Jamie Mackay takes the ride for the first time and im expecting a big run at the forecast price of 16/1. 2 Points e/w.

At Haydock in the 1:50 i will be having a bet on Imperialistic Diva. This is a second foal of Imperialistic , who was a winner over course and distance at 2 years old and up to a mile after that. Graham Gibbons has been riding very well of late and he has a very good record when he rides for Easterby , had a winner for him the other day on Bollin Dolly so i think that is significant. Could figure at a very good price tomorrow. Forecast price is 14/1. 1 Point e/w.

Finally my last bet comes in the 4:15 Wetherby , Flying Doctor. This horse had very poor form until backed off the boards (33/1 into 6/1) on his reappearance and winning comfortably. Then it followed up impressively but last time out just found the weight too much in a competitive race. This horse is clearly in great shape and ought to go very well again despite a further 6lb rise, i feel this is a weaker race than last time. Has won at the course , travels very well , trip is no problem and Miss Jenny Carr is one of the better lady riders so this horse should go close at the forecast price of 4/1. 4 Points win.

In the 2:10 Southwell , Kingaroo. This horse has been running mainly on turf of late but does not run well on turf at all, always runs at its best on the all-weather and tomorrow is an all-weather race. He ran here in April on his first run of the year and finished 3rd to Scruffy Skip who will probably be favourite tomorrow. Kingaroo ran off 50 that day and Scruffy Skip ran off 51 , and Scruffy Skip runs off 65 tomorrow so Kingaroo is definately weighted to turn the tide of that run as he is 16 pound better off tomorrow and only lost by 4 lengths. Has won off of 52 over course and distance and has run off a mark as hugh as 63 so running off 49 tomorrow i feel he has a very decent chance. Jamie Mackay takes the ride for the first time and im expecting a big run at the forecast price of 16/1. 2 Points e/w.

At Haydock in the 1:50 i will be having a bet on Imperialistic Diva. This is a second foal of Imperialistic , who was a winner over course and distance at 2 years old and up to a mile after that. Graham Gibbons has been riding very well of late and he has a very good record when he rides for Easterby , had a winner for him the other day on Bollin Dolly so i think that is significant. Could figure at a very good price tomorrow. Forecast price is 14/1. 1 Point e/w.

Finally my last bet comes in the 4:15 Wetherby , Flying Doctor. This horse had very poor form until backed off the boards (33/1 into 6/1) on his reappearance and winning comfortably. Then it followed up impressively but last time out just found the weight too much in a competitive race. This horse is clearly in great shape and ought to go very well again despite a further 6lb rise, i feel this is a weaker race than last time. Has won at the course , travels very well , trip is no problem and Miss Jenny Carr is one of the better lady riders so this horse should go close at the forecast price of 4/1. 4 Points win.

A fine day, very nearly a super day. Imperialistic Diva was just nabbed on the line , finishing 2nd @ 12/1. Kingaroo could only manage 6th but Flying Doctor romped home, never looked like a loser , winning @ 9/4.

Todays Profit +2.4 Points

My first bet comes at the 2:40 Chepstow , Landucci. This horse is a prolific winner at 7 furlongs and 1 mile , won 3 times in 2009. Didnt perform too well in a seller 4 days ago , but i will forgive him that run as he is always a threat in this grade tomorrow. Is a course and distance winner here at Chepstow , runs at his best on good ground , might not have been suited by the Leicester track last time out and is back at a track it likes. Sophie Doyle takes off a valuable 5 pounds and i expect this horse to go very close tomorrow at the forecast price of 13/2. 2.5 Points e/w.

My next bet will be in the 3:00 Yarmouth , Big Sur. This is a half-brother to several winners and ran a fine race staying on very strongly at the death when 4th in a maiden at Lingfield in November. Was favourite last time out but completely flopped over 1 mile 2 furlongs when he really should have stayed the trip but tomorrow he is stepping back to a mile. Bettr things must be expected of this horse if it went off favourite last time out and looks too big a price in this very weak Class 6 handicap at the forecast price of 10/1. 1.5 Points e/w.

My last bet comes in the 4:30 Yarmouth , Barbirolli. This is a hold up performer who sometimes travels very well in races. Is fully exposed but has never raced over this longer trip of 1 mile 6 furlongs tomorrow so i feel the horse might be showing a bit extra at home if they are going to try him over a longer trip as i cant see why they would wait til he was 8 years old to do so if he was actually fully exposed. Has won his races off marks of 65 , 59 , 48 , 50 , and 47 and tomorrow runs off 46 so at the weight hold every chance if staying this longer trip. Ground will be no problem and Laura Pike takes off another 7 pounds so has a featherweight tomorrow and might have a squeak at the forecast price of 16/1. 1 Point e/w

My first bet comes at the 2:40 Chepstow , Landucci. This horse is a prolific winner at 7 furlongs and 1 mile , won 3 times in 2009. Didnt perform too well in a seller 4 days ago , but i will forgive him that run as he is always a threat in this grade tomorrow. Is a course and distance winner here at Chepstow , runs at his best on good ground , might not have been suited by the Leicester track last time out and is back at a track it likes. Sophie Doyle takes off a valuable 5 pounds and i expect this horse to go very close tomorrow at the forecast price of 13/2. 2.5 Points e/w.

My next bet will be in the 3:00 Yarmouth , Big Sur. This is a half-brother to several winners and ran a fine race staying on very strongly at the death when 4th in a maiden at Lingfield in November. Was favourite last time out but completely flopped over 1 mile 2 furlongs when he really should have stayed the trip but tomorrow he is stepping back to a mile. Bettr things must be expected of this horse if it went off favourite last time out and looks too big a price in this very weak Class 6 handicap at the forecast price of 10/1. 1.5 Points e/w.

My last bet comes in the 4:30 Yarmouth , Barbirolli. This is a hold up performer who sometimes travels very well in races. Is fully exposed but has never raced over this longer trip of 1 mile 6 furlongs tomorrow so i feel the horse might be showing a bit extra at home if they are going to try him over a longer trip as i cant see why they would wait til he was 8 years old to do so if he was actually fully exposed. Has won his races off marks of 65 , 59 , 48 , 50 , and 47 and tomorrow runs off 46 so at the weight hold every chance if staying this longer trip. Ground will be no problem and Laura Pike takes off another 7 pounds so has a featherweight tomorrow and might have a squeak at the forecast price of 16/1. 1 Point e/w

Not a great day today , Landucci was a non-runner and the other 2 selections were down the field. Onwards and upwards.

Todays Loss -5 Points

• Advertisement

My first bet will be in the 3:40 York , Hamish McGonagall. This horse was fierce unlucky not to win last year , being placed on its first seven starts. Was held up at Beverley and stayed on very well on this years re-appearance to finish 3rd , then going to Chester and running a cracker finishing 2nd and is handicapped to go very close tomorrow. Has won off a mark of 95 and runs off 92 tomorrow. 5 furlongs is its trip and the good ground will suit. David Allan has rode this horse 25 times so knows the horse very well. Easterby is in scintillating form , the horse is a course and distance winner and there is no reason why this horse will be out of the places tomorrow at the forecast price of 5/1 and at the moment there is 16 runners declared and if it stays that way they are paying 4 places. Looks a cracking e/w bet. 2 Points e/w.

My second wager comes in the 3:50 Goodwood , Avonmore Star. This horse is Son of Avonbridge out of winning half-sister to 3 talented horses over 1 mile to 1 mile 2.. Made a very impressive debut when staying on strongly into 3rd after a very slow start and this maiden tomorrow is mostly newcomers so i feel this horse will make the experience tell tomorrow. On his debut , the horse he finished 3rd to , Lord Avon , has contested a Class 2 a couple of days ago and only went down by less than 2 lengths to a very highly regarded 2 year old Cape To Rio so i feel the form has been franked. The shrewd and dangerous Richard Hannon trains and i fancy it to go close at the forecast price of 7/1. 4 Points win.

My last bet is just a tentative e/w selection in the 4:05 Haydock , Rowayton. This is a big filly who has been placed on both her starts this year , travels supremely well but didnt seem to quicken in the last furlong. Interestingly tomorrow the horse wears chiekpieces tomorrow and that might spark sufficient improvement to see this horse win. Also interestingly the Dazzler Daryl Holland takes the ride for the first time tomorrow , he is a very forceful jockey in a finish , and this horse might go very close at the forecast price of 7/1. 1 Point e/w.

My first bet will be in the 3:40 York , Hamish McGonagall. This horse was fierce unlucky not to win last year , being placed on its first seven starts. Was held up at Beverley and stayed on very well on this years re-appearance to finish 3rd , then going to Chester and running a cracker finishing 2nd and is handicapped to go very close tomorrow. Has won off a mark of 95 and runs off 92 tomorrow. 5 furlongs is its trip and the good ground will suit. David Allan has rode this horse 25 times so knows the horse very well. Easterby is in scintillating form , the horse is a course and distance winner and there is no reason why this horse will be out of the places tomorrow at the forecast price of 5/1 and at the moment there is 16 runners declared and if it stays that way they are paying 4 places. Looks a cracking e/w bet. 2 Points e/w.

My second wager comes in the 3:50 Goodwood , Avonmore Star. This horse is Son of Avonbridge out of winning half-sister to 3 talented horses over 1 mile to 1 mile 2.. Made a very impressive debut when staying on strongly into 3rd after a very slow start and this maiden tomorrow is mostly newcomers so i feel this horse will make the experience tell tomorrow. On his debut , the horse he finished 3rd to , Lord Avon , has contested a Class 2 a couple of days ago and only went down by less than 2 lengths to a very highly regarded 2 year old Cape To Rio so i feel the form has been franked. The shrewd and dangerous Richard Hannon trains and i fancy it to go close at the forecast price of 7/1. 4 Points win.

My last bet is just a tentative e/w selection in the 4:05 Haydock , Rowayton. This is a big filly who has been placed on both her starts this year , travels supremely well but didnt seem to quicken in the last furlong. Interestingly tomorrow the horse wears chiekpieces tomorrow and that might spark sufficient improvement to see this horse win. Also interestingly the Dazzler Daryl Holland takes the ride for the first time tomorrow , he is a very forceful jockey in a finish , and this horse might go very close at the forecast price of 7/1. 1 Point e/w.

Hamish McGonagall wins cosily @ 7/2... Avonmore Star wins very easy @ 7/1 and Rowayton finished 5th.

Todays Profit +32.75 Points

My first bet is a very tentative selection in the 2:05 Bath , Danzigs Grandchild. This is a March foal who is a half-sister to several winners in the USA , including Grade 3 winner Millie's Quest over a mile. The Moore yard have already sent out 2 winning debutants this year in this kind of race and if money comes for this horse tomorrow it would be definately worth noting as this is a weak maiden and wont take much winning. Tentative choice at the forecast price of 16/1. 1 Point e/w.

My second bet comes in the shape of Touch Of Style , Bath 3:35. This horse posted a couple of fair efforts over 1 mile 2 at Lingfield in August but was very poor after that and then left Tim McCarthy. Is now with Matthew Salaman and ran a blinder on its return , finishing 3rd to Shared Moment who has come out and ran well since , finishing 2nd. That last run also came on soft ground but im sure this horse is better on good ground so im expecting a big run. Has won off a mark of 70 and runs off a mark of 46 tomorrow, so is very well treated and the decent apprentice Louis-Phillipe Beuzelin takes off another 3 pounds. Is a very winnable race and should go well at the forecast price of 9/2. 3 Point win.

My final bet of the day comes at the 4:20 Perth , Sir Bathwick. This is a front-running chaser and had its best effort for some time when winning an 8 runner event at Wincanton on return to fences a coupe of weeks ago. If he is in the same mood tomorrow he is sure to be in the places as he is still well treated. Has come second off a mark of 129 and runs off 121 tomorrow so if back to his best i feel could take some pegging back. Trip is fine and the good ground will suit and looks a solid e/w bet to me at the forecast price of 11/2. 2.5 Points e/w.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Excellent work so far mate, been following your selections since the start and thanks to you my account is doing very nicely. Keep it up, you have one regular fan here.

Excellent work so far mate, been following your selections since the start and thanks to you my account is doing very nicely. Keep it up, you have one regular fan here.

http://theracinginspector.blogspot.com/
    Thanks very much, above is my blog if you wish to follow it. appreciate it.

My first bet is a very tentative selection in the 2:05 Bath , Danzigs Grandchild. This is a March foal who is a half-sister to several winners in the USA , including Grade 3 winner Millie's Quest over a mile. The Moore yard have already sent out 2 winning debutants this year in this kind of race and if money comes for this horse tomorrow it would be definately worth noting as this is a weak maiden and wont take much winning. Tentative choice at the forecast price of 16/1. 1 Point e/w.

My second bet comes in the shape of Touch Of Style , Bath 3:35. This horse posted a couple of fair efforts over 1 mile 2 at Lingfield in August but was very poor after that and then left Tim McCarthy. Is now with Matthew Salaman and ran a blinder on its return , finishing 3rd to Shared Moment who has come out and ran well since , finishing 2nd. That last run also came on soft ground but im sure this horse is better on good ground so im expecting a big run. Has won off a mark of 70 and runs off a mark of 46 tomorrow, so is very well treated and the decent apprentice Louis-Phillipe Beuzelin takes off another 3 pounds. Is a very winnable race and should go well at the forecast price of 9/2. 3 Point win.

My final bet of the day comes at the 4:20 Perth , Sir Bathwick. This is a front-running chaser and had its best effort for some time when winning an 8 runner event at Wincanton on return to fences a coupe of weeks ago. If he is in the same mood tomorrow he is sure to be in the places as he is still well treated. Has come second off a mark of 129 and runs off 121 tomorrow so if back to his best i feel could take some pegging back. Trip is fine and the good ground will suit and looks a solid e/w bet to me at the forecast price of 11/2. 2.5 Points e/w.

Not as good a day as i would have planned. I am disappointed i tipped up Touch Of Style as a win selection as he at one stage was 14/1 backed into 9/1 and only lost by 1 length. Sir Bathwick was backed off the boards to my disgust and could only manage 2nd @ 3/1. My other selection was just out for the run,

Todays Loss - 5.63

My first punt will come in the 3:15 in the form of Ace Of Spies. This horse improved very much last spring and looks like he will have another very good year this year after his last run , where he won impressively on his first run of the year. That was over 5 furlongs but this extra furlong should be no problem as the horse travels very well and looks like he stays further. Should cope with the penalty as last run was its first run back and should be fitter and sharper tomorrow. Won on good ground already so tomorrows ground is fine. Winners have come out of the last race it won , Silvestre De Souza knows the horse well and should make a very bold bid tomorrow at the forecast price of 7/2. 4 Point win.

My second bet runs in the 4:45 , El Dececy. Front runner whose last 4 wins have all come in sellers but i dont mind that too much as on his day he would wipe this field. Made a decent return this year , finishing 6th of 13 in a Class 5 handicap at Thirsk before running a poor race last time out at Doncaster but that day i dont think the trip of 7 furlongs suited at all and is now dropped back to 5 furlongs tomorrow which i feel will suit as he has won over 5 already. Has won off a mark of 80 and runs off 62 tomorrow so im expecting a bold showing at the forecast price of 12/1. 2 Points e/w.

My final bet comes in the form of Hettie Hubble , 5:15 , who i backed the other day actually and i felt it ran a very decent race. Is 2 pounds out of the handicap tomorrow and is a low grade maiden but i felt his last run finishing 3rd and even though it was a seller it led for the first few furlongs , got headed and went back into 5th 1 furlong out but stayed on gamely again to finish 3rd. Was 2nd off a mark of 53 before and runs off 50 tomorrow and might come on for that run and run into a place at the forecast price of 16/1. 1 Point e/w

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

My first punt will come in the 3:15 in the form of Ace Of Spies. This horse improved very much last spring and looks like he will have another very good year this year after his last run , where he won impressively on his first run of the year. That was over 5 furlongs but this extra furlong should be no problem as the horse travels very well and looks like he stays further. Should cope with the penalty as last run was its first run back and should be fitter and sharper tomorrow. Won on good ground already so tomorrows ground is fine. Winners have come out of the last race it won , Silvestre De Souza knows the horse well and should make a very bold bid tomorrow at the forecast price of 7/2. 4 Point win.

My second bet runs in the 4:45 , El Dececy. Front runner whose last 4 wins have all come in sellers but i dont mind that too much as on his day he would wipe this field. Made a decent return this year , finishing 6th of 13 in a Class 5 handicap at Thirsk before running a poor race last time out at Doncaster but that day i dont think the trip of 7 furlongs suited at all and is now dropped back to 5 furlongs tomorrow which i feel will suit as he has won over 5 already. Has won off a mark of 80 and runs off 62 tomorrow so im expecting a bold showing at the forecast price of 12/1. 2 Points e/w.

My final bet comes in the form of Hettie Hubble , 5:15 , who i backed the other day actually and i felt it ran a very decent race. Is 2 pounds out of the handicap tomorrow and is a low grade maiden but i felt his last run finishing 3rd and even though it was a seller it led for the first few furlongs , got headed and went back into 5th 1 furlong out but stayed on gamely again to finish 3rd. Was 2nd off a mark of 53 before and runs off 50 tomorrow and might come on for that run and run into a place at the forecast price of 16/1. 1 Point e/w

Good luck today. Ace of Spies is my only bet of the day.

Unfortunately the step up in trip didnt seem to suit Ace of Spies , could only manage 5th. El Dececy was held way out the back and flew home to finish 3rd @ 14/1. Hettie Hubble i probably wont be ever backing again.

Todays Loss -2.4 Points

• Advertisement

My first bet comes in the 2:40 Ripon , Tres Froide. This horse was successful in France and when running off a low mark won a ladies race over 1 mile 2 furlongs a Redcar last October. Ran a very respectable race last time out and looks a progressive type. Its last race was at Nottingham over 1 mile 2 on good ground , finished 6th of 14 to Royal Straight , a decent Fahey horse for the grade. The race it won at Nottingham , the horse did it in great fashion , winning by 5 lengths beating a field of 13 horses. That day it beat a horse called Thunderstruck , a horse trained by the Glover crew who has since in 13 runs has won 4 races and has been placed in a further 7 races which is pretty good to frank Tres Froide's form. Won off 52 that day and is running off 57 tomorrow but should be able tocope with that. Has ran off a mark of 77 before. Interestingly Joe Fanning takes the ride and i find that a positive booking. Could go very well at the forecast price of 12/1. 2 Points e/w.

My next bet comes in the 3:30 Lingfield , Fazbee. This horse took advantage of a low weight when winning over 6 furlongs at this track in January. Has not been at its best since then but that has to change sooner rather than later. Has to be a very big contender as it has never run in this low a grade (Class 6 Claiming Stakes) as it runs tomorrow. Another positive is that blinkers are re-fitted tomorrow. Has won over 7 furlongs tomorrow at Yarmouth on good to firm ground so tomorrows conditions are fine. There has also been signe that the D'Arcy stable might start to come into form , i have seen a few gambles on their horses in recent days. Should make a bold bid at the forecast price of 6/1. 2 Points e/w.

My final bet is a tentative choice in the 4:00 Lingfield , Warning Song. This horse was placed 5 out of its 6 starts as a 2 year old but on its turf handicap return at this track it was poor. In saying that i will give the horse the benefit of the doubt , i feel it needed that run and will come on for it. The race it finished 11th of 15 last time out was a Class 3 race , is now running in a Class 5 tomorrow which is a plus. Had some very good placed efforts last year , Pat Dobbs takes the ride and Amanda Perrett had a couple of nice winners in recent day so should go well and might give us a run at the forecast price of 20/1. 1 Point e/w.

Advertisement