Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Courtlough shooting day

Options
  • 12-05-2010 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi just thought i would post this for anyone who would like to take up shooting. http://www.courtlough.ie/news_060409_01.html Courtlough are having an "Introductory Shooting Weekend"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

fiattech wrote: »
    Hi just thought i would post this for anyone who would like to take up shooting. http://www.courtlough.ie/news_060409_01.html Courtlough are having an "Introductory Shooting Weekend"

A introduction to your wallet .

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭AL 555

I'm nearly sure thats from last year.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

AL 555 wrote: »
    I'm nearly sure thats from last year.. :D

it's not, it was sent around on facebook today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Spunk84

LOL Spunk84 is offering a "Introductory Shooting Weekend" 25clays and 25 rifle shots for 25 euro a person :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ayapatrick

€50 :eek: Clays, cartridges and presumably .22's are hardly worth much more than a tenner.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

ayapatrick wrote: »
    €50 :eek: Clays, cartridges and presumably .22's are hardly worth much more than a tenner.
    I suspect the €40 difference gets well accounted for by rent/rates on the grounds, the building and maintenance of the buildings and facilities, provision of shotguns and rifles and their secure storage, Firearm Dealer fee, Approved Range fee, insurance, electricity, telephone, wages, and who knows what else has to be paid for to run the business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭fiattech

Rovi wrote: »
    I suspect the €40 difference gets well accounted for by rent/rates on the grounds, the building and maintenance of the buildings and facilities, provision of shotguns and rifles and their secure storage, Firearm Dealer fee, Approved Range fee, insurance, electricity, telephone, wages, and who knows what else has to be paid for to run the business.

Well said Rovi

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭johnner1

i have only ever been to one shooting ground in my life and this was courtlough about 3 months ago whenever the really bad freezing weather was, i was brought along by a relation of mine that had a voucher, all i can say is it was a very pleasant surprise fantastic setup weather proof and great fun, i never shot a clay before this and i hit 28 out of 30 at 4 different stands as some of the clays were stuck with the frost:eek: and had 30 .22 rounds in the black at 50yds or mts using there own guns;)
    they also have a well stocked gun room that you can browse in and other facilities.
    well worth a visit ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭AL 555

juice1304 wrote: »
    it's not, it was sent around on facebook today

Well if you check out the link it says, Saturday May 23rd and Sunday May 24th
    Sunday is the 23rd and Monday is the 24th this year... ???

Rovi wrote: »

granted everything has to be taken into account, but would the cost not be a bit off putting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

granted everything has to be taken into account, but would the cost not be a bit off putting?

Start Time: 9.30am

Finish Time: 5.30pm

Didnt stop to read the details, there making a day of it, i thought it might be only a short amount of time

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭no12

AL 555 wrote: »
    Well if you check out the link it says, Saturday May 23rd and Sunday May 24th
    Sunday is the 23rd and Monday is the 24th this year... ???

That is an error but can confirm it is going ahead on the 22nd/23rd.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/event.php?eid=125942180752049

This Offer includes 25 clays & 20 rifle shots (with instructor) for a Discounted price of €50p.p...FREE 25 Clay Flush for every 2 People entered!!!

no12 wrote: »
    This Offer includes 25 clays & 20 rifle shots (with instructor) for a Discounted price of €50p.p...FREE 25 Clay Flush for every 2 People entered!!!

.22 ammo 5 cent .

clays 10 cent ,if not pick ups .

catridges less than 10 cent .

targets 2 cent .

jwshooter wrote: »
    .22 ammo 5 cent .

targets 2 cent .

Please show me where you can buy all this stuff at these prices <MOD SNIP> I am intrigued?

You left out the essentials Insurance, Labour, Traps, Range, Use of Guns, Rent/Rates as already mentioned facilities like that werent put there on fresh air :rolleyes:

[MOD NOTE]
    No matter what your opinion of another poster or their posts, posting their real name in public is well out of order.
    [/MOD NOTE]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

.22 ammo 5 cent .

targets 2 cent .

...........................and the chance of shooting with Mr. Flynn - Priceless:D:D:D:D
    Seriously though, JW, it's not a bad deal. €50 get a noobie a day at Courtlough, a bit of "banging" on shotgun and rifle, and a good few pointers, including a safety talk. What a great way to introduce people to shooting!! If NARGC & CAI were REALLY marketing minded and knew about the promotion of our sport, they would subsidise days like this at clubs all over the country.

I'm not a member there but I shoot there every year to get the eye in before season opens, and to get a bit of high tower practice when I'm lucky enough to get a driven invite from a wealthy friend! It's a good place, but not easy for me to get to:(.

I think it is a good idea and 50 quid is good value in this day and age.
    P.

no12 wrote: »
    Please show me where you can buy all this stuff at these prices I am intrigued?

You left out the essentials Insurance, Labour, Traps, Range, Use of Guns, Rent/Rates as already mentioned facilities like that werent put there on fresh air :rolleyes:

why do you not know dealers ,buy ammo etc at a lot less that the shooters in the country .

30% ammo over 100% clothing

why do you not know dealers ,buy ammo etc at a lot less that the shooters in the country .

30% ammo over 100% clothing

I am well aware of the prices of Ammo that dealers buy them at. And the prices you are quoting means they can buy .22 ammo @ 2.50 box Im not doubting that they cant but find a wholesaler who has it in stock is the problem and shotgun ammo @ 100 per 1k which is way off the mark. Besides Courtlough use Subsonic ammo for beginners which again is more expensive than your standard shell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

A Gang of us use courtlough all the time and this is the deal.

100 clays + steak dinner €50. Thats good value. I would hazard a guess the other prices is to entice corporate or stag/ hen parties

• Advertisement
Advertisement