Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free books thread!

Options
  • 12-05-2010 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭

I have some books that I have read, that I know I won't read again. Now, I could stick them all in a box & drop them off at the local oxfam, or, I can share them with boardsies. So, here is my proposal for this thread...

If you have a book, state

- Title
    - Author
    - Your location

If want a book, then PM the owner & pay for postage via paypal or some other means, or simply arrange free collection. A chat & a cup of coffee could be part of the bargain...

This is not a 'books for sale' thread - it is a 'good books that don't really float my boat that I am happy to give away' thread.

Any takers?

To get the ball rolling, I am in Cork city, and I have the following:

'My name is red' Orhan Pamuk

'Money' Martin Amis

'Times arrow' Martin Amis

'Platform' Michel Houellebecq

'Stone Mad' Seamus Murphy

'Collection Two' Frank O'Connor

Any Takers?

-FoxT

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

This was actually suggested before (by buck65 if I remember correctly). There is a website called BookMooch where you can put up books you're giving away, earn points, and then "mooch"/get books you want from other people.

I'm a member myself. If you join I can PM you my page. Particularly as Money is on my wish-list. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

I have just registered, FoxT, same as here, or PM me your address & I'll send you 'Money' anyway. A well written, somewhat kinky book. I enjoyed it. Amis in good form..Will throw in 'times arrow' as well, if you like. Otherwise its the skip, as I need to make some space!

-FoxT

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

I sent you an email there through BookMooch. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

Thanks guys, might look at bookmooch also. I'm presently giving away books through the book crossing website www.bookcrossing.com (see other post). I love all these different ways of passing books around for other readers to enjoy.

Advertisement