Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone going to see Slash on June 29?

Options
  • 12-05-2010 11:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

Got my ticket for Slash on June 29 at Vicar Street this morning. Anyone else going? Must have sold out quick, 'cos there's no more tickets available.

I can't believe I'm going to see my favourite guitarist in such a small venue. Can't wait!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,467 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Yeah going myself. Got 3 tickets.

Whats Vicar Street like as a venue

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

I'll be seeing him at glastonbury on the 27th. Might bump into him back stage :D the new album is awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Just got my ticket now!!!:D Can't believe I'll be just feet away from the immortal "Top Hat".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I'm going. Should be a great show, cant wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

going to see him on the 26th at Graspop in Belgium. Not really a fan, so not pushed either way.
    Hoping the ash cloud isn't affecting travel around Europe then, or I'd say the European Festivals will be a disaster, what with bands hopping from 1 to an other in very short time spans!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Captain Danger

Got my tickets, should be a great gig. Seen him play there with Ron Wood a few years back which was easily one of the best gigs I've been to

Has anyone got his new album yet? Is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Captain Danger

Some songs are better than others but it's defo worth checkin out. The tracks with Iggy, Lemmy, Dave Grohl and (surprisingly) the one with Fergie are good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭AxlRose1992

My favourite songs from the new album are "Ghost" with Ian Astbury,"Crucify the Dead" with Ozzy, "Promise" with Chris Cornell and "We're All Gonna Die" with Iggy Pop.

Hope he plays sone old stuff like Nightrain, Sweet Child, November Rain and some Snakepit stuff like Landslide, Beggars & Hangers On and Doin' Fine.

Think Ronnie Wood will make an appearance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭myfatherrsson

WHAT!!!!!!!! When was this advertised??? Im going mad here ive been dying to see slash for like 5 years!! Any chance of gettin tickets to this dye think???

• Advertisement

Got the album. Have to say I'm a little disappointed. Thought it was gonna be better?? Some of it is MOR mush.

The Lemmy & Iggy Pop songs are predictable. I like Chris Cornell's contribution. Andrew Stockdale's song is brilliant as well. I was surprised at Fergie's song. Didn't think she'd sound good on a rock album, but she does.

6/10 for me.

Also, quite a few of the songs seem to be about Axl.......particularly "Crucify The Dead".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I like the album. The track with Lemmy's brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I was iffy about going to this at first because of the price and the fact that listening to another singer sing G n' R songs would be weird. Decided to get one in the end though and definitly don't regret it now, especially since it's sold out. I hear Vicar St. is a great music venue also (only ever been to comedy there)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Tickets sold out for all four shows will little advertisement, credit to him, he seems to be performing some GNR numbers that Axl won't touch

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Luckily while i was up in Belfast for Metallica a thoughtful friend got me a ticket. Can't wait,small venue like Vicar st. is perfect for seeing the master up close and personal.

lord lucan wrote: »
    Luckily while i was up in Belfast for Metallica a thoughtful friend got me a ticket. Can't wait,small venue like Vicar st. is perfect for seeing the master up close and personal.

I'm certainly going to try and get a black market ticket for Vicar St, then I might straight across to Manchester afterwards and stay with relatives for the gig there

I'm certainly going to try and get a black market ticket for Vicar St, then I might straight across to Manchester afterwards and stay with relatives for the gig there

Sure why not,it's not often you get to see Slash in a small venue. Most of his other European shows appear to be festivals.

lord lucan wrote: »
    Sure why not,it's not often you get to see Slash in a small venue. Most of his other European shows appear to be festivals.

You have to make an effort with the master

It's just a pity he won't be sharing the stage with Axl a few weeks later in Leeds

You have to make an effort with the master

It's just a pity he won't be sharing the stage with Axl a few weeks later in Leeds

LOL,Ain't ever gonna happen,more chance of me winning the lotto tbh.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

The guns covers are quite good, vicar st is a deadly little venue for gigs, gonna be so close to slash no matter were you are

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Id be just as interested to see Myles Kennedy from Alter Bridge, who'll be singing for Slash's band..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Id be just as interested to see Myles Kennedy from Alter Bridge, who'll be singing for Slash's band..
    Same

Advertisement