Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Smart lite plan offering free meteor calls & texts

Options
  • 13-05-2010 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Meteor are offering free meteor calls and texts with their smart lite bill pay plans if you sign up online by the end of May

So for €30 a month you get
    200 minutes
    200 texts
    free meteor talk and text
    1 gb of internet
    no contract

thought this was a good offer especially for smart phone users

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

But are the free talk and text to meteor for life or only for the first month?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭phunkymonk

Im on this plan, pretty sure its for life....

its a good plan on it about 3 months now and have never reached my quota of 200 free txts or minutes - obviously not using it as much as i should but its good to have for only 30 quid..didnt realise there was an internet allownce...

one thing i will say is that you have to be on this plan for 2 months(2 bills have to be paid) before roaming is set up,i found this out the hard way..in london for a weekend and no phone working = pure disaster! never got round to complainin tho..my bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭TheGooseLicker

id reach 200 texts in a week... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Hogzy wrote: »
    But are the free talk and text to meteor for life or only for the first month?

I think its for 12 months
    Where Qualifying Customers subscribe during the Promotional Period, the Offer involves, in addition to the standard monthly allowances with such plans, a free Meteor-to-Meteor talk and text add-on for a period of 12 months from instigation, covering calls and texts to numbers on the Meteor Network.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

Also its only for new customers i.e. coming from another network, existing prepay or payg cant get it. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Dave6195 wrote: »
    Also its only for new customers i.e. coming from another network, existing prepay or payg cant get it. :mad:

Port away and port back. Technically its meant to be 30 days, but ring them and tell them you are going to leave if you can be switched to it, and see will they.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

id reach 200 texts in a week... :eek:
    Those texts/calls are to numbers that aren't on Meteor. So if you're texting someone on Meteor it does not count towards the 200.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭maninaskirt

Davy wrote: »
    Port away and port back. Technically its meant to be 30 days, but ring them and tell them you are going to leave if you can be switched to it, and see will they.

I did that, called them to change tariff, got told it was for new customers, I said ok off to O2 I go....they passed me to the retention dept and 5 mins later I had the new tarrif....new contract tho. The girl I spoke to regarding retention was really helpful and polite.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Skidmcmarx

Will The "threaten to leave" thing work for PAYG does anyone think? This plan would be perfect for me like.

Skidmcmarx wrote: »
    Will The "threaten to leave" thing work for PAYG does anyone think? This plan would be perfect for me like.

Thinking the same too, I'm payg. Not sure they'd care if I threatened to leave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Macca3000

Might call into meteor shop today. On O2 prepay and they have nothing like this. Spend about 40 euro/month on credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Man... i only switched to meteor bill pay last month to get the HTC Legend... no offer like this mentioned to me. Just reading about it on their site says its sim only and only if you get it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭phunkymonk

I was Pay as you go customer then i went into metoer and they switched me no hassle...that was back in January...have the rules changed?

all in all,good package!:D

Kendragon...although its bill pay, if i want to upgrade my phone i have to buy a pay as you go phone...as far as im aware your not eligable to avail of the bill pay prices...hence why they wouldnt offer you the deal.You wudve had to buy the HTC as pay as you go then switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

how does net work?
    iphone?

I called them up and they switched me no hassle. Apparantly moving from PAYG to bill pay is technically the same as being a new customer. i rang their customer service, explained what i wanted and was told no problem. They put a note on my account saying i could have the smart lite offer and i called into my local meteor shop and switched straight over. The note on my account told the rep instore exactly what to do to switch me over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Baza210 wrote: »
    Those texts/calls are to numbers that aren't on Meteor. So if you're texting someone on Meteor it does not count towards the 200.

I dont know if this is the case......

bill_pay_smart_lite_table-top.gif

Under out of bundle costs it says:
    Calls to other networks/Landlines (ROI) 25c per min
    Texts to other networks (ROI) 10c per text

out_of_bundle_costs.gif

Baza is correct. I have free meteor to meteor calls and texts, then 200 any network mins (other than meteor) 200 free texts to any network (again, other than meteor). Calls and texts to meteor are not included under the 200. That 25c/min is for every minute you go over your allotted 200 to networks other than meteor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭robo

What kind of usage is 1Gb of mobile internet?
    Is there a way of monitoring this on Meteor?

Skidmcmarx wrote: »
    I called them up and they switched me no hassle. Apparantly moving from PAYG to bill pay is technically the same as being a new customer. i rang their customer service, explained what i wanted and was told no problem. They put a note on my account saying i could have the smart lite offer and i called into my local meteor shop and switched straight over. The note on my account told the rep instore exactly what to do to switch me over.

So you got the free meteor calls texts aswell??

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Dey were Sooted

phunkymonk wrote: »
    one thing i will say is that you have to be on this plan for 2 months(2 bills have to be paid) before roaming is set up,i found this out the hard way..in london for a weekend and no phone working = pure disaster! never got round to complainin tho..my bad!

"if u put down a deposit of around 40 euro u can roam straight away" - at least that's what i think a guy said to me in the shop when i purchased a new plan a few weeks ago

• Advertisement

Hey dave, yup i got free calls and texts too. All it took was a polite call to customer service rep.

Typical, i called meteor just there and no luck. The girl asked her supervisor and said it had to be a new number and I couldnt move move from pre pay(and get the online offer). Dont mean to harp on about this but what exactly did you say??

No problem dave. I got the exact same the 1st two times I called. Just be persistant. I got a really nice girl the 3rd time I called. Basically I said I had anecdotal evidence that ppl had been switched in my situation. I said from what I'd heard it was the retentions dept that had switched them over so I asked what the storee was there. The girl said she'd go ask her supervisor and call the retentions dept. She was back in 2mins and said the retentions dept said that's no problem, she then left a note on the account and told me to call to my nearest store. I was just polite nd all that kinda stuff. Don't believe in hassling Cust support reps.

That's just my experience.

Thanks for the reply. Phoned a few times more. First times I was onto 1747 (prepay support number), third time phoned the number on their online store page and got through to a very helpful assisitant. She said theyre currently reviewing this offer to allow prepay customers apply 'officially' and could be updated next week. Her supervisor wasnt in so she couldnt get it approved but said she would phone me back on Monday having asked her supervisor, so id say i'll get it then.

Thanks for the help!

Glad to be of any help.

I'm happy they are tring to make it official. It makes no sense at all to restrict current customers from of availing of the offer.
    My iphone is a much happier phone right now becaude of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Can you get any good cheap phones on this bill pay plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jedijamie

Hey lads,

I'm from the Meteor store in the Ilac Centre... The offer that you are highlighting is a online offer only eg the 200 mins, 200 texts and 1gig of data with free meteor to meteor texts. However we can do the same offer without the 1gig of data... and it doesn't matter who you're with (meteor, O2, Voda...). So for €30 per month you get 200mins, 200 texts and free unlimited calls and texts to Meteor for as long as you stay on the offer.

It is a sim only offer and is only a month on month rolling contract so if you don't like it you're only on it for a month (although there is no reason why you wouldn't).

If you want to call into us, do and we'll get you set up for it. (you need to bring Passport/Driving Licence/EU ID Card and a Utility Bill/Bank Statement and Bank details)

Any of the guys in the shop will be more than willing to help ya out.

Hope this helps guys!

Any other questions HIT ME!

PS for all you smart phone users we have some great in store plans for those too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

jedijamie wrote: »
    Hey lads,

I'm from the Meteor store in the Ilac Centre... The offer that you are highlighting is a online offer only eg the 200 mins, 200 texts and 1gig of data with free meteor to meteor texts. However we can do the same offer without the 1gig of data... and it doesn't matter who you're with (meteor, O2, Voda...). So for €30 per month you get 200mins, 200 texts and free unlimited calls and texts to Meteor for as long as you stay on the offer.

So is there a benefit by going to you instead of going online and getting the 1gig allowance too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

So basically, anyone who signed up to an 18-month contract with the original "Bill Pay Smart" plan (about 6 months ago) — wasn't really getting such a Smart deal after all? :(

Or can they switch to this without penalty?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I rang the phone line on the website and they told me to sign up for a new number and port it over when I get the sim

Advertisement