Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Smart lite plan offering free meteor calls & texts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

jedijamie wrote: »
    Hey lads,

I'm from the Meteor store in the Ilac Centre... The offer that you are highlighting is a online offer only eg the 200 mins, 200 texts and 1gig of data with free meteor to meteor texts. However we can do the same offer without the 1gig of data... and it doesn't matter who you're with (meteor, O2, Voda...). So for €30 per month you get 200mins, 200 texts and free unlimited calls and texts to Meteor for as long as you stay on the offer.

It is a sim only offer and is only a month on month rolling contract so if you don't like it you're only on it for a month (although there is no reason why you wouldn't).

If you want to call into us, do and we'll get you set up for it. (you need to bring Passport/Driving Licence/EU ID Card and a Utility Bill/Bank Statement and Bank details)

Any of the guys in the shop will be more than willing to help ya out.

Hope this helps guys!

Any other questions HIT ME!

PS for all you smart phone users we have some great in store plans for those too!

Hi jedijame,

Is this offer only from the Meteor store in the Ilac Centre?

I've been a Meteor bill pay customer for the past few years and am paying some ridiculous bills. Would I be able to change over to this contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jedijamie

Hi jedijame,

Is this offer only from the Meteor store in the Ilac Centre?

I've been a Meteor bill pay customer for the past few years and am paying some ridiculous bills. Would I be able to change over to this contract?

So long as you aren't in contract you should be able to call customer care on 1905 and they will transfer it across no problem!

So is there a benefit by going to you instead of going online and getting the 1gig allowance too?

The only advantage is from my experience dealing with the online store is tricky if you've any problemo's and the in store offer is not specific to you porting in from a different network (which the online is!). But if you are coming from a different Network it's all up to you buddy!

J

peckerhead wrote: »
    So basically, anyone who signed up to an 18-month contract with the original "Bill Pay Smart" plan (about 6 months ago) — wasn't really getting such a Smart deal after all? :(

Or can they switch to this without penalty?

The "lite" plan is a Sim Only, month on month rolling contract where as the other smart plans are there to get a heavily subsidized handset. You won't be able to move down as you would have signed into it sadly. However chances are you have a new awesome phone so enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

Typical, rang meteor yesterday as I didnt hear back from them. Got told that I couldnt avail of the offer as I would have to be a new customer, port over, etc. Even got talking to the same girl I think and was being told I couldnt, completely different to the weekend... Just my luck.

Oh well stuck with payg so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

The "lite" plan is a Sim Only, month on month rolling contract where as the other smart plans are there to get a heavily subsidized handset. You won't be able to move down as you would have signed into it sadly. However chances are you have a new awesome phone so enjoy!
    Meh. It's my wife's phone, and the difference between the monthly €30 for this plan and what she spends on the "old", Smart plan would buy her (very basic) handset three times over in the 12 months she still has to go.

It still stings when you sign up to a Fabulous New Offer, lock in for 18 months, and are then excluded from the Even More Fabulous offer that pops up 5-6 months later. Boo, Meteor! :mad:

Meh. It's my wife's phone, and the difference between the monthly €30 for this plan and what she spends on the "old", Smart plan would buy her (very basic) handset three times over in the 12 months she still has to go.

It still stings when you sign up to a Fabulous New Offer, lock in for 18 months, and are then excluded from the Even More Fabulous offer that pops up 5-6 months later. Boo, Meteor! :mad:

Smart Lite came out at the same time as the 18 month smart tariffs and before the smart plans were around, there was Bill Pay Lite also... the only reason for going with the 18 monther was to get the handset. The specific tariff with the 200mins, texts, free meteor to meteor and 1gb of data is a specific online offer to porting customers only.

You're still on a smashing offer my good man... and sure if you were happy with it you'd stay for 18 months anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭patrickc

i'm on the bill pay lite for 30 euro, hardly ever use my 200 mins or texts because so many I know are on meteor.

I'd switch to the 18 month contract but they don't offer the free calls/texts to meteor on it, so will stick with my 30 a month it's definitley cheaper than PAYG

Smart Lite came out at the same time as the 18 month smart tariffs and before the smart plans were around, there was Bill Pay Lite also...
    I know, I'm on the old Bill Pay Lite 10 plan myself. But I don't yap as much as she does; 60 minutes is enough for me.
    The missus was getting crucified for her out-of-package minutes at 25c/minute...
    ...the only reason for going with the 18 monther was to get the handset!
    Eh, no, the main reason was to get the plan for €30/month instead of €35/month (with a 12-month contract).
    The specific tariff with the 200mins, texts, free meteor to meteor and 1gb of data is a specific online offer to porting customers only.
    Exactly. Existing Meteor customers, even out of contract, can't get it. Hence the 'stung' feeling I referred to).
    You're still on a smashing offer my good man... and sure if you were happy with it you'd stay for 18 months anyway!
    Eh, I have no choice about it, that's my point.

Don't get me wrong; I don't suggest for a minute that Meteor are unique in subsidising newer, better deals on the back of their existing customers. It's standard industry practice. I'm just calling it what it is. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 29 ronan1001

Dave6195 wrote: »
    Typical, rang meteor yesterday as I didnt hear back from them. Got told that I couldnt avail of the offer as I would have to be a new customer, port over, etc. Even got talking to the same girl I think and was being told I couldnt, completely different to the weekend... Just my luck.

Oh well stuck with payg so.

I managed to get switched over to this deal today, and I'm an existing meteor customer. This worked for me, so worth a try.

I was on the original bill pay lite 30, and had a 5 euro (250 mb) internet add on making it 35.

I told them that I was moving to a Vodafone Simply 20 euro plan with a 2gig data add on costing 10, making it 30 overall, and how that was better value for me compared to what I was on.

The rep put me on hold for 2 mins, then put me through to retention who offered me the plan with free calls and texts. Only thing is that I have to stay with meteor for 6 months which suits me fine, but mightn't suit others so just be aware of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

I did the same as Ronan, but was talking to an operator who told me that it wasnt possible for her to transfer me over even if i did cancel my existing bill pay lite contract, rang back 10 mins later and got transferred over in about 60 seconds so it seems abit hit and miss!

Oh and i didnt have to agree to stay for 6 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭jame5_b

If your an existing meteor customer could you port to o2 and port back in a few days as a new customer to get the offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Is it not possible to do this online if you are an existing PAYG customer?

It looks like you can from here: https://phones.meteor.ie/bp/choose_a_plan

ronan1001 wrote: »
    I managed to get switched over to this deal today, and I'm an existing meteor customer.
    I presume you're already out of your original contract, though?

Fair play to you for making them do the right thing, anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 29 ronan1001

I presume you're already out of your original contract, though?

Fair play to you for making them do the right thing, anyway...

No I was on a 30 day contract (bill pay lite), but was paying extra to have data as an add on.

I won't get switched over till the end of my current bill, which is the start of june, but didn't have to give 30 days notice or anything.

The key thing is getting through to retention dept., i had spoken to a normal rep and they told me i couldn't switch, it was only when I explained that I was going to move network that I got changed to the plan.

Gotcha. I'll give it a spin. I'd be quite happy to sign Herself up for another 18 months — without the data add-on — if they would just let her move onto that new Lite plan where calls to Meteor numbers don't come out of the 200 minutes.

Girl just lurrrrves to talk... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

If anyone has any luck signing up to this from Meteor payg let me know, I'd be interested to know what you tried! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭nicker_s

Haven't finshed going through it yet but, im currently prepay on Meteor, i signed up online (put myself down with my own number but on another network) they said they would give me a new sim temporarily and then i could have my current number switched onto it once I got the sim and rang customer service. I've been told this can be done by a couple of the customer service reps. I've paid the sneaky deposit and i'm waiting on the temporary sim. Offer runs out on Monday, i'll post if all goes well before then. If it doesn't i'll go ape with them, it should though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Just talking to Val in CC,

He reccommended signing up to it and then porting an existing number over to the new sim, round about way but at least he was helpful. Shame it wasn't mentioned that I need o sign stuff nd send it back to them before the sim will be sent out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭clancyoo7

I was an existing customer with meteor prepay and went into the meteor store with a bill and passport and got signed up for the smart lite offer no problems. Only problems for those going on holidays soon is you have to pay 60€ deposit to roam up front

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Now see this kinda crap annoys me, I wasn't allowed to that when I tried!

Really seems like Meteor have different procedures in each store which isn't good business!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭nicker_s

kmart6 wrote: »

He reccommended signing up to it and then porting an existing number over to the new sim, round about way but at least he was helpful. Shame it wasn't mentioned that I need o sign stuff nd send it back to them before the sim will be sent out!!

Yeah, that's a better way of explaining what i'm doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

kmart6 wrote: »

Was this signing up for it online or could he do it in the shop for you?

clancyoo7 wrote: »
    I was an existing customer with meteor prepay and went into the meteor store with a bill and passport and got signed up for the smart lite offer no problems. Only problems for those going on holidays soon is you have to pay 60€ deposit to roam up front

After calling a friend last night discovered after being informed by a customer service rep that I could obtain the offer in store that i was charged for meteor to meteor calls. when I went to call the customer care 1905 number would not connect. The only way i could contact customer service was by sending an email which they promise to reply two days later. Went back to store and staff got onto retention dept and put me on the online plan. What a joke when transferring from prepay to bill pay you cannot contact customer service for two days

After calling a friend last night discovered after being informed by a customer service rep that I could obtain the offer in store that i was charged for meteor to meteor calls. when I went to call the customer care 1905 number would not connect. The only way i could contact customer service was by sending an email which they promise to reply two days later. Went back to store and staff got onto retention dept and put me on the online plan. What a joke when transferring from prepay to bill pay you cannot contact customer service for two days

I called into the store in Longford and they said they couldnt do it in store but the store in Athlone or Mullingar could sign me up for it instore and its no problem coming from PAYG. In Athlone tomorrow so hopefully they can, Dont want to be stung like you Clancy and have to pay for meteor to meteor. Keep us up to date.

I called into the store in Longford and they said they couldnt do it in store but the store in Athlone or Mullingar could sign me up for it instore and its no problem coming from PAYG. In Athlone tomorrow so hopefully they can, Dont want to be stung like you Clancy and have to pay for meteor to meteor. Keep us up to date.

Yeah they can offer you bill pay smart lite but not the online offer with meteor to meteor calls, when i said i was told by the customer rep, they contacted the retention dept directly, they stated that it would be sorted later today went into at 12pm and still no change at this stage, and other thing when you sign up you do not get a full 200 minutes they will give you 98 minutes and texts as you are billed on the 10th of each month. done on a pro rata basis

Yeah they can offer you bill pay smart lite but not the online offer with meteor to meteor calls, when i said i was told by the customer rep, they contacted the retention dept directly, they stated that it would be sorted later today went into at 12pm and still no change at this stage, and other thing when you sign up you do not get a full 200 minutes they will give you 98 minutes and texts as you are billed on the 10th of each month. done on a pro rata basis

Do you think its worth trying in store tomorrow so or am I better signing up for a new sim online and trying to port over my 085 number?

as far as i know when you port you lose your credit so it depends how much you have in the account. I would port over and back so you know for certain 98 minutes is not much when you have other family members on meteor you would fly through it

as far as i know when you port you lose your credit so it depends how much you have in the account. I would port over and back so you know for certain 98 minutes is not much when you have other family members on meteor you would fly through it

Thanks for all the advice Clancy. So I will have to port over to o2 or Voda tomorrow and then port back to meteor and sign up online? My 20e credit has just run out so account empty at the moment.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the advice Clancy. So I will have to port over to o2 or Voda tomorrow and then port back to meteor and sign up online? My 20e credit has just run out so account empty at the moment.

Yeah that's it you could sign up online tonight and then port over tomorrow that way done that bit quicker.

Advertisement