Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Smart lite plan offering free meteor calls & texts

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭patrickc

nicker_s wrote: »
    By the way, yes I ported my PAYG Meteor over to Vodafone Prepay, they were then able to port my number to the Bill pay account that had been set up. Does that make sense?

Also I had to pay a 50 euro deposit, which I will get back after 7 Months automatically or if I cancel the account. I'll probably have to drive to Donegal to pick up a cheque made out in Nigerian Dollars to get that back knowing Meteor.

i got my 50 deposit back automatically after 6 months, didnt need to contact meteor or anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭bluefirefly

Whats an MSDIN swap? I'm a PAYG customer and I think i'll try your way of getting the new price plan. But when im talking to the meteor people do i just say MDSIN swap?
    Like you know you dont really say PAYG, you'd say Pay As You Go to them. Thanks!

Jev/N wrote: »
    OK I'll clear a lot of questions up as I just signed up to this plan from Meteor PAYG and I kept my original number with no hassle....

Basically, you order a SIM card and select 'new number'.
    When it arrives you can ring customer care on 1890 80 85 85 and ask for a MSDIN swap, where they effectively swap your old number onto the new SIM.
    It generally takes 24+ hours and you can use the old SIM for the time being and run up your credit until the SIM dies, then the new SIM should carry your old number.

That's about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Hmm interesting people politely threatended to leave then got put on the new plan.

Iv been a PAYG customer since i had a mobile phone and since meteor came about. Switched the the Lite package of €30.00 a month. and i fight im going over the 200 texts, i was getting by fine with €20.00 a month on credit but only wanted to pay the extra 10.00 due to me having an iPhone the data plan was perfect.

So if i ring up and explain that i am considering leaving the meteor network to join another network that offer a more suitable plan? Will they offer the new package to me or just say see you later? lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

funnily enough. i was on the bill pay smart 10 euro and i think i had 60 minutes calls and 60 texts free.

i said i wanted to go to pay as you go, and guess what they offered me, 10 euro bill pay smart lite with 50 minutes and 50 texts, no data.

lady was pretty insistent. i wondered if i had heard correctly.oh well.

bye bye meteor in 30 days and hello 3 pay as you go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SUNGSAM

MarkJD wrote: »
    Hmm interesting people politely threatended to leave then got put on the new plan.

Iv been a PAYG customer since i had a mobile phone and since meteor came about. Switched the the Lite package of €30.00 a month. and i fight im going over the 200 texts, i was getting by fine with €20.00 a month on credit but only wanted to pay the extra 10.00 due to me having an iPhone the data plan was perfect.

So if i ring up and explain that i am considering leaving the meteor network to join another network that offer a more suitable plan? Will they offer the new package to me or just say see you later? lol

If you only have a problem sending texts you should download the Eirtext App, it allows you to use your online texts from your Iphone. My girlfriend finds the app great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

I signed up for this offer last week online. When Meteor sent out the sim card, I went to a Meteor Store and asked them to transfer my original number (I was already a Meteor PAYG customer) onto the new sim card. There was no mention of having to change networks or that the offer was for only new customers.

Anyways, I was told by the girl in the shop that it would take 24 hours for the number to switch over. After 2 days, there was no sign of this happening so I rang Customer Care. They put through the instruction again to transfer over my old number and within a couple of hours it was done.

Just to make sure that I was getting my free meteor to meteor texts and calls, I checked my call history online and I have not been charged for any of them.

Well i rang Meteor and gave the speil about considering joining another network. As mentioned they immediately put me through to the dept to sort it out. The only thing they would offer me is the Free Meteor > Meteor calls & texts if i agreed to stay on the Smart Lite Package (30) for 6 months. Normally that package isnt a contract deal and you can leave it whenever you want.

I agreed to it as i figured i would be on the package for the forseeable future.

Maybe they have caught on and only offering this now?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭ciarraioch1

I rang meteor last week and the customer service rep didn't know about the free calls and texts offer. He tried to switch me to the €10 bill pay lite offer, then I explained I wanted €30 smart lite plan. Ended up explaining that the offer was online only when he tried to send me into a store. Eventually I asked to be put through to retentions dept who said that the offer was for new customers only, and the free calls and texts could be added for €10 extra per month.

No luck!

What can I do now?!

Just establish that you will definately be leaving the Meteor service if there is nothing they can do!

Just state that in lieu of you last few bills you have noticed that you are using more than 200 texts and this is not ideal as you didnt have this problem buying only 20euro credit a month(if you where on PAYG recently) Say a friend mentioned a new Vodafone offer that is very similar but offers more that you will have to consider that. They will either say well good luck to you or offer you something similar to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭wireless101

Hey guys

PAYG customer here wanting to avail. Jyust wondering how I could combine switching over and getting a smartphone (HTC Desire) at the bill pay price?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hey guys

PAYG customer here wanting to avail. Jyust wondering how I could combine switching over and getting a smartphone (HTC Desire) at the bill pay price?

buy it as a new customer then when you have it port your existing Meteor PAYG number to the new sim you got with the HTC. your old PAYG number will superceed the new number you got when you ordered the HTC.

hope that makes sense :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Sue Rocks

A word to the Wise Meteor is still dodgy when it comes to reception. I have bill pay with them and I have issues in my aprtment my partner is Vodafone and has no issues so all that bluff about great covergae is still a little suspect.

Sue Rocks wrote: »
    A word to the Wise Meteor is still dodgy when it comes to reception. I have bill pay with them and I have issues in my aprtment my partner is Vodafone and has no issues so all that bluff about great covergae is still a little suspect.

i live in Dublin so ive never had problems, full 3G signal on my iPhone in Finglas/cabra/Meakstown areas and city centre where i work.

ordered the sim pack as a new customer. Got it today just rang customer service to do the MSDIN swap. She said it'll take about 24 hours to take effect.
    Can somebody went down this route tell me how long did it take your number to get changed?

And can i use use the sim card now? or should i wait until the number is ported? actually,will there be a message saying your phone has changed or how will i know its done?

*********IMPORTANT**********
    i think most people like me signed up because there's free meteor calls and texts. I asked the girl is this a long term think and she said this is only a pormotion and it lasts 12 MONTHS/ ONE YEAR only. after that you dont get it any more. Just to let ye guys know

meteor offered me unlimited data usage on the sim only plan for 3 months for free , if i remained with them and they said call in 3 months and they should be able to extend it, as they can only do it on a 3month basis

patrickc wrote: »
    meteor offered me unlimited data usage on the sim only plan for 3 months for free , if i remained with them and they said call in 3 months and they should be able to extend it, as they can only do it on a 3month basis

were you a billpay customer before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 202 ✭✭Caught

I'd prefer the Bill Pay Lite for a tenner every month.

50 mins, 50 texts, free Meteor to Meteor texts and 10c/min for meteor calls after the 50 mins.

I'd only use about 5mins every month, because I'm very cautious with my credit. ;) At least 1000 texts a month [to Meteor] and more added on to Vodafone though if I've free texts [I wasted 8 euro credit texting on my phone in two days before because they never told me my free texts were up - I was on my laptop so I could of used my 300 webtexts - went mad!].

ordered the sim pack as a new customer. Got it today just rang customer service to do the MSDIN swap. She said it'll take about 24 hours to take effect.
    Can somebody went down this route tell me how long did it take your number to get changed?

And can i use use the sim card now? or should i wait until the number is ported? actually,will there be a message saying your phone has changed or how will i know its done?

*********IMPORTANT**********
    i think most people like me signed up because there's free meteor calls and texts. I asked the girl is this a long term think and she said this is only a pormotion and it lasts 12 MONTHS/ ONE YEAR only. after that you dont get it any more. Just to let ye guys know

it took bang on 48 hours for my PAYG to port over to the new sim.
    i basically had my current PAYG number in one phone and my new sim in a spare phone.

the PAYG number went dead, the signal dropped and i couldnt make calls etc etc

about an hour later or 30 mins maybe my new sim was up and running with my old number.

Free Met-Met is a 12 month thing but you can do the same in 12 months again :)

were you a billpay customer before?

just been on the sim only light package since last September the 30 quid a month one, was prepay prior to this , and bill pay some years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭harryd2

fergm wrote: »
    thought this was a good offer especially for smart phone users

I'm on this plan but switching off, having experience the bad 3g coverage.
    Outside Irish cities 3G coverage for me has been sporadic.
    I consider Sligo a large regional town, yet I could only get GPRS there.
    Switching to 3, for better 3G coverage, with less mins/txts

• Advertisement

kceire wrote: »
    it took bang on 48 hours for my PAYG to port over to the new sim.
    i basically had my current PAYG number in one phone and my new sim in a spare phone.

the PAYG number went dead, the signal dropped and i couldnt make calls etc etc

about an hour later or 30 mins maybe my new sim was up and running with my old number.

Free Met-Met is a 12 month thing but you can do the same in 12 months again :)

48 hours!!?? damn! yes I'm doing the same, i have the new sim card in an old phone and kept the current one running on my desire. So there's about an hour or so you can't use the phone..thats kinda inconvinience.

Yea. I suppose when this plan expires there's better one out already...in fact prob sooner :D Good thing this is one month contract only;)
    harryd2 wrote: »
    I'm on this plan but switching off, having experience the bad 3g coverage.
    Outside Irish cities 3G coverage for me has been sporadic.
    I consider Sligo a large regional town, yet I could only get GPRS there.
    Switching to 3, for better 3G coverage, with less mins/txts

I live in Carlow. And the signal is fine. When I'm in town I usually get the HSDPA signal. rarely i get EDGE.
    I've considered 3 before but most people i know are meteor and with this one its a super great deal. Pitty it didnt work out for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Just to let people know. I negotiated and was told I could have this package including the free meteor calls & texts. Checked my online bill and this is not the case. Rang meteor and they where less than helpful. Off to 02 I go!

Just to let people know. I negotiated and was told I could have this package including the free meteor calls & texts. Checked my online bill and this is not the case. Rang meteor and they where less than helpful. Off to 02 I go!

I think you should just keep calling them.its free phone for bill pay customer anyways.sometimes you probably just met a bad customer care person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I think you should just keep calling them.its free phone for bill pay customer anyways.sometimes you probably just met a bad customer care person.

Tbh I've spent enough time ringing them trying to sort this out. I've been a customer for 5 years and I can't deal with the hassle anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

id reach 200 texts in a week... :eek:

I'd reach 200 in a day!:eek:

I called to get the MSDIN swap on thursday but there was still no sign of it on Sunday. Called around noon and the lady said it will be put through at 2pm. so 2pm my PAYG sim died. Good news I thought.... but no, one hour later the bill pay sim card is the same. Called CC again, said might take up more time(didn'nt even try contacting the technical dep.)
    4 pm. rang again,a man answered checked with dep and stuff said because its the weekends noone was in the IT dep(?) and said it should go through on Monday.

Out of curiousity i text MY TEXT to 50104 to see how many text do i have. And it said i only have 73 texts left!! until my next billing date at 24th july!
    is there something wrong? I didnt use the new sim at all. Because I was just waiting for my number to be ported over. So how did all my allowances get so low?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭robo

Out of curiousity i text MY TEXT to 50104 to see how many text do i have. And it said i only have 73 texts left!! until my next billing date at 24th july!
    is there something wrong? I didnt use the new sim at all. Because I was just waiting for my number to be ported over. So how did all my allowances get so low?
    That is becuase you are only getting part of a month until your next billing period, so they will give you a certain amount of texts, like a percentage worked out of the month that you have left. Then on the 24th of July your allowance will be reset to the original amount.

robo wrote: »
    That is becuase you are only getting part of a month until your next billing period, so they will give you a certain amount of texts, like a percentage worked out of the month that you have left. Then on the 24th of July your allowance will be reset to the original amount.

oh right, so my actual bill starts on the 24th. what happens to the calls and texts and data usages before that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭robo

oh right, so my actual bill starts on the 24th. what happens to the calls and texts and data usages before that?
    If you create an online account on Meteor, you will be able to see the exact amount of calls, data and text that you have from now until the 24th. Then this will reset to the original amount on the 24th (or the next day, not sure) And any minutes, texts or data not used by that date is gone, it doesn't carry over to your next bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

They take some away, yeah it happened with my mother, she joined on the 1st and her first bill date was the 14th so she had 78 ish texts left! and 78 mins!

Advertisement