Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Kells walks

Options
  • 13-05-2010 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

I was talking to a guy in Kells today and he was on about a series of new walkways around Llyod. Apparently one heads down the hill on the n3 side towards river but he also mentioned a continuation on the other side of the road and one or two other sections. He was talking fast and name checking places I should have known the name of but didnt so I failed to take it all in.confused.gif
    They havn't been officially opened yet but has anyone been on them yet and where do they go? I can't find any mention of them on the internet.
    I'll probaly head up for a look myself in the next couple of weeks, but any feedback would be good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Chubascos

New to Kells area and am an avid outdoor person always out and about walking etc.

Could anyone tell me where the walking trails are in Kells. I've seen some people coming down from the Lloyds tower thingy but I wonder where I'd park my car ?

Can't leave my car at home as I live a number of km's away from Lloyds.

Looks like a lovely area.

Do people park their car at the Kells Industrial estate as I think there might be a small entrance way into the Lloyds Tower area there as that's where I've seen the people exit from a couple of times??

Thanks folks

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Ging Ging

Drive up to Spire of Lyod, park there. Alternatively park at the closed Door Depot, loads of space there and walk out to Lyod, you could also park at bridge on R147. From Lyod carpark walk past the climbing frames etc. With the spire on your left and trail is in the opposite side from where the car park is. It splits in two and both lead downhill to R147, there is another section in the opposite side of R147 that goes down into industrial estate near the river. They are not well sign posted and are pretty basic but tick the box if you want a walk/run. There is/was a plan for a big expansion of the Lyod park but I haven't heard a peep about it in a few years. Around Kells there is a bog walk in Girly on the left as you go towards Delvin, turn left just before Cloncat filling station. There's a forest trail in Carlanstown called Deepark, not sure where exactly but I think it is out the Bobber road. There's a good forest in Virginia also called Deerpark, that's starts at the rugby club and has a good few km of loops along lake. There's a newly made Blackwater park with tarmac path in Navan. Also Du Na Rī forest in Kingscourt is fantastic, probably one of the best in the country, with big grass area in centre. Loch an Lae is a mountain/hill series of walks near Baileboro. I think the ramparts is a river path that links Slane and Navan. There are also moves to try and open the old Kingscourt/Navan railway as a new greenway. I'm probably forgetting or unaware of other. That should keep you busy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Chubascos

Thank you very much😊

quote="Ging Ging;104703686"]Drive up to Spire of Lyod, park there. Alternatively park at the closed Door Depot, loads of space there and walk out to Lyod, you could also park at bridge on R147. From Lyod carpark walk past the climbing frames etc. With the spire on your left and trail is in the opposite side from where the car park is. It splits in two and both lead downhill to R147, there is another section in the opposite side of R147 that goes down into industrial estate near the river. They are not well sign posted and are pretty basic but tick the box if you want a walk/run. There is/was a plan for a big expansion of the Lyod park but I haven't heard a peep about it in a few years. Around Kells there is a bog walk in Girly on the left as you go towards Delvin, turn left just before Cloncat filling station. There's a forest trail in Carlanstown called Deepark, not sure where exactly but I think it is out the Bobber road. There's a good forest in Virginia also called Deerpark, that's starts at the rugby club and has a good few km of loops along lake. There's a newly made Blackwater park with tarmac path in Navan. Also Du Na Rī forest in Kingscourt is fantastic, probably one of the best in the country, with big grass area in centre. Loch an Lae is a mountain/hill series of walks near Baileboro. I think the ramparts is a river path that links Slane and Navan. There are also moves to try and open the old Kingscourt/Navan railway as a new greenway. I'm probably forgetting or unaware of other. That should keep you busy![/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 26 joxerb

Thanks for info

Advertisement