Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Media Drive for menu layout/ease of use

• 13-05-2010 1:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking to buy a new (at least 1TB) media drive for present for my sis and her fella, they wouldnt be too up on technology, so looking to find out from peps on here which would be the best media drive to go for, for menu layout/ease of use, as i have an old Emperx ME1 which is fine but menu layout and navigation around is terrible on it!

Was considering 1TB Iomega ScreenPlay Plus HD Multimedia Drive

Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭surf board

Access wrote: »
    Hi all,

Was considering 1TB Iomega ScreenPlay Plus HD Multimedia Drive

Stay well away from the Iomega. I got one thinking it will play my movies etc. Wrong. It only plays a small number of files. It won't play .mp4 (hd movies). The HD part does not mean High Def, it actually means Hard Drive, so its a bit of a con. Needless to say, I brought it back! It does say it will upscale to 1080 via HDMI, but the quality is terrible imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

thanks for that, will bear that in mind.

Anyone else got any recommendations for ease of use menu layout media drives?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭tc2010

its about time you discovered the mighty XBMC :pac:

whats the budget?

Advertisement