Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'll need an electrician familiar with ethernet cabling and termination to do a bit o

Options
  • 13-05-2010 9:31am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

I'll need an electrician familiar with ethernet cabling and termination to do a bit of work on a house in the next few weeks, anyone got any recommendations? It's a tidy-up job, shouldn't take more than a day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Stugots

I did the opposite myself when building a house - got the electrician to run the cables and did the terminations myself.

Its pretty easy to do and the only non-standard equipment you need is a multimeter for continuity testing. Sockets etc are available cheaply online. The terminations are usually colour coded and come with a plastic/disposable punch tool. Very easy to make a reliable connection.

Anywya, my recommendation is to do it yourself and save the €€€€€. Happy you give more details if you need...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

LOL

You do realise he owns part of the CIX in Cork, oh the irony!

What is the issue Adam, could you not do it yourself? Is it sockets etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Stugots

LOL
    You do realise he owns part of the CIX in Cork, oh the irony!

d'oh!!! Just trying to be helpful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭Miaireland

What area are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

dahamsta... calling dahamsta, come in dahamsta?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Sorry, I rarely come here any more and I don't seem to be getting email notifications any more.

Anyway, it is sockets, the installer just pulled cat7(ish) through the walls and although I'd be happy terminating, I'd prefer to leave the wall work to the professionals. Have someone now thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 springwell7616

dahamsta wrote: »
    I'll need an electrician familiar with ethernet cabling and termination to do a bit of work on a house in the next few weeks, anyone got any recommendations? It's a tidy-up job, shouldn't take more than a day.

All depending on where you live, I have the name of a guy in West Cork you definitely DO NOT want to hire!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

^^^^^
    dahamsta wrote:
    Have someone now thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭Miaireland

All depending on where you live, I have the name of a guy in West Cork you definitely DO NOT want to hire!

Is he from Clon by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 springwell7616

No, Eyeries.

• Advertisement
Advertisement