Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

software testing course

Options
  • 13-05-2010 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hello,
    has anyone done the intermediate course in software testing i just passed the foundation course and looking to do the intermediate which is the next stage. so am looking for course notes on the intermediate course to copy.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭H2G2

A note of caution re ISEB and Intermediate...

ISEB and ISTQB (via UKTB) have signed a deal which sees ISEB agreeing to close the ISEB Practitioner scheme from early next year, and transfer all of their focus in Software Testing certifications to ISTQB. You may want to consider just ISTQB only, if you have already done Foundation certificate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Tetulla wrote: »
    Hello,
    has anyone done the intermediate course in software testing i just passed the foundation course and looking to do the intermediate which is the next stage. so am looking for course notes on the intermediate course to copy.

Thanks

Hi Tetulla,

I was wondering what study materials you used when working towards the foundation exam. I'm looking to take it at the end of the month. I will be self studying as the course costs a bit of cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Tetulla

I actually used a course note a friend sent to me via email before i did the course and i was given another when i started the course both similar but the the second one is less in volume and straight to point.if u want the first one i can send it to you via email

Regards.

Personally I think these 2 are the best books to buy for self study.
    • Andreas Spillner, Tilo Linz, Hans Schaefer, Software Testing Foundations, 2nd Edition, RockyNook Books
    • Dorothy Graham, Isabel Evans, Erik Van Veenendaal and Rex Black, Foundations of Software Testing
    But you only need 1. Graham et al is probably an easier read, but I think Spillner is the better book.

Tetulla wrote: »
    I actually used a course note a friend sent to me via email before i did the course and i was given another when i started the course both similar but the the second one is less in volume and straight to point.if u want the first one i can send it to you via email

Regards.

PM Sent thanks a million.

• Advertisement

H2G2 wrote: »
    Personally I think these 2 are the best books to buy for self study.
    • Andreas Spillner, Tilo Linz, Hans Schaefer, Software Testing Foundations, 2nd Edition, RockyNook Books
    • Dorothy Graham, Isabel Evans, Erik Van Veenendaal and Rex Black, Foundations of Software Testing
    But you only need 1. Graham et al is probably an easier read, but I think Spillner is the better book.

I got the one that the ISEB site suggested. Do you think it covers everything?

http://www.bcs.org/server.php?show=nav.8168

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Tetulla

Hello all,

is anyone doing the software testing job at the moment? i need some information as regards to getting a job as a fresher

Thanks

cronos wrote: »
    I got the one that the ISEB site suggested. Do you think it covers everything?
    http://www.bcs.org/server.php?show=nav.8168

Its an okay book. personally i didn't like its style. The authors are ISEB/UKTB people so they are good people.

Personally I prefer an ISTQB book and not an ISEB book... maybe I am biased, as I see the purist view of teh world which is ISEB != ISTQB. Although in the UK ISEB runs ISTQB Foundation exams for UKTB, but in Ireland ISTB runs ISTQB exams and not ISEB anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 roshibrown

Some self-promotion I suspect !!!

Company is not an ISTQB Certified Training provider and this forum is about IT Certification.

• Advertisement
Advertisement