Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JCB's in Dunsink?

Options
  • 13-05-2010 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Anyone know whats going on? they have cleared a large amount of soil and have erected those plactic arches (over head wires???), looks sort of like they are building a motor way?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

In Dunsink Lane is it?

Which end?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i was wondering that myself. i wonder have premier builders decided to start building there

edit: just realised you are talking about a different end of the lane. you are talking about up beside the half way house where they are building the motorway upgrade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Methane farming?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

Yeah I was wondering what they where too there like red Goal goalpost loads of them.They are in the Dunsink dump not the Half way house end.They are up at Dunsoughly Estate where the horse go in and out.Anyone know?

texas star wrote: »
    Yeah I was wondering what they where too there like red Goal goalpost loads of them.They are in the Dunsink dump not the Half way house end.They are up at Dunsoughly Estate where the horse go in and out.Anyone know?

i had just assumed that the builders had started building that new village which i thought was a bit weird given the current climate :confused:

but would like to know myself, there has been loads of activity there in the last few days

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Not to permanently block it off from the youngfellas bringing their quads and motorbikes in? (previous attempts failed)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Nothing will stop the motorbikes/quads from getting in there I'd say. Poor chaps getting picked on all the time, sure there's nothing for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Probably something to do with the cream crackers, there was a thing in the press about only one person prosecuted for several thousand tons of waste dumped on the road.

Probably something to do with the cream crackers, there was a thing in the press about only one person prosecuted for several thousand tons of waste dumped on the road.

Well that is another constant joke.

I think the OP is on about the part off Ratoath Rd near Dunsoghly. There are even youtube vids of skanger boyracers doing their wares on that open ground.

no, its not this because the works are going on at the back of dunsink on the rathoath road. will heading past it again this afternoon, will slow down and have a good look

edit; ooops gurramock got in there before me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭The Duk

It's seems the area is just being landscaped as a park... Bit of a waste of money if ask me, it'll be wrecked as soon as its finished if not before!

It seems that the area is being prepared for the Horses, The parks dept are in charge.

To be honest it does seem a bit strange seeing as the Dublin CC is outsourcing the collection of untagged (wild) horses (horse Clampers!!!).

At least if there is a properly maintained area they will be less likely to starve over the winter I suppose.

There are horses across the road from the site sandwiched between the road and the new houses. Hopefully if true, it will be a safe place for them.

Advertisement