Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend me an External USB Drive

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If it helps I'm just now trying to recover a WD Elements that's fecked up ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

i'd recommend a Western Digital Elements, biko :rolleyes: i've one of them and it's done me for the past 2 years. i personally wouldn't go with iomega or seagate but that's just me. i find WD's last the longest. my brother had a seagate HD but it died after about half a year, and that just put me off them. my brother now has one of those WD My Book drives and it's done him longer than my Elements one.

the important thing to note with external hard drives is not to move them while they're on. their life is increased a lot by doing this. i don't move mine around a lot, just keep it in the one place all the time. same with my brother's My Book drive.

EDIT: there's also this backup software on cnet - Easeus Todo Backup
    i've it on mine and it seems good enough, although i usually back up my files manually because i don't make changes often to my files. Just the odd film backup or so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Rang a friend and he sent me on this link...
    I'd bought there before but forget to check thismorning..

Samgsung Story Station 1TB
    http://komplett.ie/Komplett/product/ZKB_01COM/11_HDD/05_EXTHDD/productdetails/15498938/Samsung_Story_Station_HX-DU010EB_Hard_drive_1/HX-DU010EB/default.aspx

1TB
    3 years warranty
    software included
    aparrently quiet running and cool
    lots of good reviews on the net

€79 including shipping

A bargain in my eyes

All drives fail at some stage so i just tell people to pick the cheapest one with an acceptable warranty.

Advertisement