Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Software Query (Shared Calendar)

• 13-05-2010 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

Hey All,

Friend of the family has setup his own business and he is basically looking for software that is bascially a Shared Calendar. From speaking to him and through google i realise they do Google Calendar. I presume its much like their online documents excel etc that you can log into and edit online etc.

It does state its free but he told me that for what he wants they are charging €40.00 a month, i havnt set one up and tested but i presume the reason for this charge is because he wants more than one user to be able to log into the shared calendar at any one time? Much like the online documents only one person can be in editing at any one time?

Is anyone familiar with this because i cant see anywhere that they seek a charge but i also havent tested if more than one person (google account) can be loggged into the calendar to see if it can be edited simultaneously.

Does anyone know of any software that does this or anything similar?

I did come across OfficeCalendar that is an addon for Microsoft Outlook that doesnt require an exchange server but this software on its own is rather pricey on top of that would need to purchase outlook / office for each pc.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Sounds like he was talking about Google Apps for Business.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Ahh ok i hadnt see them. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

Apart from that does anyone know of any software that does the same thing or anything similar? If they had their own hosting and they could just buy once off a piece of software that did the same could they effectively host it and allow people to login etc?

Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

We use google calendar for a small business.
    No payment required and I've never had any reports of problems due to concurrent access so unless there's a large user population he may not even encounter the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

So you can have multiple google accounts logged into the same shared calendar adding dates etc? Or is it strictly just the one user at a time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

We would have no more than 20 people using it and I've never heard of a problem in over two years.
    Having said that There would never have been a huge number of updates and so we may not have hit the problem.
    But I wasn't aware of a restriction so what I'm saying is depending on numbers and frequency of updating this may not be the issue you think it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭softdancomputer

You can share your GCalendar

Advertisement