Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dental Prices in Dublin

Options
  • 13-05-2010 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

I heard on the radio this morning, that there was some report about prices of dental treatments in Ireland. Seems there is a big difference in price, depending on where you go. Does anybody know a dentist in Dublin that will do a clean and polish for a decent price? i.e. €50 ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭waster81

I heard on the radio this morning, that there was some report about prices of dental treatments in Ireland. Seems there is a big difference in price, depending on where you go. Does anybody know a dentist in Dublin that will do a clean and polish for a decent price? i.e. €50 ?

Smiles on o connel street

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭DamoNolan

prices here are a joke..lots of people got up the north..but i no people who went to turkey and got work done..it cost €7000 there but here it cost €20000 thats for 2 people..and the dentist in turkey comes over here every few months to check up on you..which is more than u get here for the price you pay..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

DamoNolan wrote: »
    prices here are a joke..lots of people got up the north..but i no people who went to turkey and got work done..it cost €7000 there but here it cost €20000 thats for 2 people..and the dentist in turkey comes over here every few months to check up on you..which is more than u get here for the price you pay..

:eek: what costs that much?? :eek:

forget what its called but they make a molde of ur mouth then they file down ur own teeth then glue in the new molde so ur teeth ar brand new and ya look great..the people i no who got it done ar delighted with it..it looks great aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

DamoNolan wrote: »
    forget what its called but they make a molde of ur mouth then they file down ur own teeth then glue in the new molde so ur teeth ar brand new and ya look great..the people i no who got it done ar delighted with it..it looks great aswell.

Wow that honestly sounds painful!:D

• Advertisement

ah im sure they numb ur mouth ha once finished they sent out for a kebab for him :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭kev7329

My Aunt lives in Dublin, but she gets her work done in Buncrana as its a lot cheaper, sadly i dont know the name as she didnt say but i dont think there's a lot of dentists there to miss!

If thats any help to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭EthicRanger

Anybody knows normal price dentist? around Dublin or Wicklow? or coming from abroad? Just cleaning, and small filling on dead tooth.

Thanks,
    ... Does anybody know a dentist in Dublin that will do a clean and polish for a decent price? i.e. €50 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭irishjay

i got a job done by my neigbhour in kusadassi.
    i got a quote of 4500 got the job done for 1250 cash.........filed down and new mould made over it .crowns
    if anyone needs work done i could let them stay at my home and they could get looked after . 25 year experience dentist . and a good family friend ----well recomended

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭EthicRanger

Ok then. How to contact you?
    Mindaugas
    Bray

P.S. Where you live?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

irishjay wrote: »
    i got a job done by my neigbhour in kusadassi.
    i got a quote of 4500 got the job done for 1250 cash.........filed down and new mould made over it .crowns
    if anyone needs work done i could let them stay at my home and they could get looked after . 25 year experience dentist . and a good family friend ----well recomended

If anything went wrong, is it covered by insurance?

Also, dental treatment here is tax deductable. (also tax deductable if you had the work done in another eu country.

Main reason dental prices here are higher is higher costs and no grants / subsidies available from government unlike the UK.

Advertisement