Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what is the big problem in a provider switching me from 48:1 to 12:1 - VF.

• 13-05-2010 11:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭

I am one of those unfortunates that moved from BT to VF and have now discovered I was put on the wrong profile ie 48:1 instead of 12:1. VF are now aware so what did they do? my line speed has been reduced for testing purposes and not heard a bean since 10 May. Pings are down as well but no improvement in evening speeds.

Does it involve a great deal in putting me on the correct contention, ie new kit, new lines, more staff etc etc?

And if I am put on 12:1 will it make any difference to evening speeds??

Am I just PATW and better off waiting for that NGB roll out? Methinks thats what VF are doing

gb--

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

If you're paying for a 12:1 contention, then that's what you should be on. Are you sure you're meant to be on 12:1 ?? Didn't know you could get contention as low as that on normal packages without paying an arm and a leg for it !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭swoofer

Just to say first VF have put my line back up and now happy with 7.1mb d/l, pings 31 and grade A stats. Its a long story, I have been with BT for ages and stayed with them when I moved house. My current line was maxed at 4mb for ages, found out myself that wiring was done completely wrong. However at 4mb it was fine never went off and never noticed any drop in speeds but when the transfer to VF started it got worse and worse so thats why line was fixed. From the boards I learned that as I was paying BT top whack ie 67pm I should have been put on 12:1 from outset so as the evening speeds got so poor I thought with 12:1 I may be better off. VF admitted that I was put on wrong profile but when my speed as changed for Testing I was gutted.

Its fine now so hope it stays like that and when NGB arrives I'll be fine. VF may put me on 12:1 but if it means buggering speeds etc I dont want it. I used to have an unlimited D/l with BT and that's 100gb with VF. I think thats why I got 12:1 as well ie I paid for the d/l bit.

I assumed I could be switched to 12:1 easy but ...... hence my question.

gb--

Advertisement