Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results are out - Art/Photo portfoilo scores

Options
  • 13-05-2010 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭

Got an email this morning from IADT

DL044 - Visual Arts Practice 360, out of all the colleges they gave me the lowest score !

Best of luck to everyone.

How are portfolios scored?

Portfolios are scored out of 600 points, the pass mark is 240 points (40%). If you get less than 240 points you are not considered eligible for the course and will not be offered a place.

How do I calculate my total points score?

Take your portfolio score; eg - 360
    Take your leaving cert points or mature student score or FETAC points; eg - 400
    Add (1) to (2); eg 360 + 400 = 760.
    This is your total points score.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 smellslikelemon

Got mine for Animation today,

Got 25 more points than the requirement for last year (that's all I'm saying for the minute)

Praying that I get in, good luck to you as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭melissavm

I got Animation 550, Visual Arts Practice 540 and Model Making/Digital Effects 540
    I'm DELIGHTED! I don't want to get my hopes up cos at the interview i was told there were 30% more applicants this year but I have a combined score for Animation of 950, it won't swing up much higher than that will it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 hey hey!

got full marks for visual arts...i'm suprised!!:)any1 goin doin it??? is dun laoghaire a good place to do visual arts do ye think???:rolleyes: well done on yere great scores... animation is meant to be really hard to get high marks in:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

melissavm wrote: »
    I got Animation 550, Visual Arts Practice 540 and Model Making/Digital Effects 540
    I'm DELIGHTED! I don't want to get my hopes up cos at the interview i was told there were 30% more applicants this year but I have a combined score for Animation of 950, it won't swing up much higher than that will it?

Well done !:cool::cool:

dun laoghaire ur top choice chorcai?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Lolnouska

Got 600 points for my photography portfolio, I'm actually delighted!
    :D
    got 500 for Dit, so i assumed i'd get less in iadt since last year they marked me harder.

but i'm over the moon :D

hey hey! wrote: »
    dun laoghaire ur top choice chorcai?:rolleyes:

No wont be heading there, to far for me to travel everyday. NCAD/DIT. DIT have offered me a place so happy either way.

Chorcai wrote: »
    No wont be heading there, to far for me to travel everyday. NCAD/DIT. DIT have offered me a place so happy either way.

limerick for mOi..go to ncad tis a cOol place!!!:P well done on the high points lolnouska!!!... iadt is great for photography:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Nemo.x

Thank you for your interest in studying at IADT.
    Your portfolio assessment score(s) are given below.
    Portfolios are scored out of a maximum of 600. Your score(s), for the course(s) you were assessed for are:

CAO Code and Course
    Portfolio Scores

DL042 - Photography
    DL043 - Visual Communications

DL046 - Modelmaking, Design & Digital Effects
    DL047 - (Production) Design for Stage & Screen
    DL048 (Costume) Design for Stage & Screen
    DL049 - (Make up) Design for Stage & Screen

Im soo happy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

Thank you for your interest in studying at IADT.

Your portfolio assessment score(s) are given below.
    Portfolios are scored out of a maximum of 600. Your score(s), for the course(s) you were assessed for are:

CAO Code and Course
    Portfolio Scores

DL042 - Photography
    DL043 - Visual Communications
    DL044 - Visual Arts Practice

Delighted with the photography score in comparison to DIT, all the colleges like my art more though. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 die.Kat

CAO Code and Course
    Portfolio Scores

DL042 - Photography

That's what I got, now I have to hope that the points won't be much higher then last year coz I am doing a PLC Course - or I did, finished it last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 deepsteppa

Lolnouska wrote: »
    Got 600 points for my photography portfolio, I'm actually delighted!
    :D
    got 500 for Dit, so i assumed i'd get less in iadt since last year they marked me harder.

but i'm over the moon :D

This totally shows the random different marking schemes between DIT and IADT....
    I got 500 for DIT (same as Lolnouska)
    and 390 for IADT....
    Dun Laoighres my first choice but I'd happy if I got a place in DIT

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭dan759

Congrats on the scores guys! Just checked mine today lol, had my PLC grad night last night so didnt look at my emails all day!

I got 420 points! I'm really happy with it, hopefully the points don't go too high up cause at the minute i'm over the requirement from last year :D

Oh, and for DIT i got 300 points, Really doesnt make much sense does it :o

deepsteppa wrote: »
    This totally shows the random different marking schemes between DIT and IADT....
    and 390 for IADT....

well it was the same last year i got 400 in dit and 240 in iadt.

It really does depend on the person marking your portfolio though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 DeeHeadlights

I got 480 for animation, I think I'm happy. I already have a place in ADS in bcfe anyway so I'll try again if I don't get it this year... But I really want it ha.

Any idea of how difficult it'll be to get in on 480? I got 465 in my mocks and I expect around that for the actual leaving too.

deepsteppa wrote: »
    and 390 for IADT....

I wouldn't say it's random, more a case of IADT looking for certain higher standard and talent than DIT. Hard luck.

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    I wouldn't say it's random, more a case of IADT looking for certain higher standard and talent than DIT. Hard luck.
    Exactly what I was thinking. Well sort of ^^
    My Portfolio had some Art Related Stuff and IADT liked it definitely more then DIT.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭dan759

Same here, My portfolio for photography got 300 for DIT and 420 for IADT. And mine was quite art based. Especially if they read through my notebooks.

Has anyone heard of anyone getting full marks for photography? So far i'm hearing a lot of results in the 400-500 margin.

At the end of the day who cares as long as ya get in ! Ok maybe not but I'd think that colleges take in students that fit or could meet their style.

At the end of the day who cares as long as ya get in ! Ok maybe not but I'd think that colleges take in students that fit or could meet their style.

But since we won't know if we're in, at least for a while, we will discuss it ^^

• Advertisement

dan759 wrote: »
    Same here, My portfolio for photography got 300 for DIT and 420 for IADT. And mine was quite art based. Especially if they read through my notebooks.

Has anyone heard of anyone getting full marks for photography? So far i'm hearing a lot of results in the 400-500 margin.

Yeah for iadt i got 600! delighted :) i worked my ass off for it and i'm so happy they liked it, i didn't do much work on the notebooks either so thankfully they appreciated the photography

Lolnouska wrote: »
    Yeah for iadt i got 600! delighted :) i worked my ass off for it and i'm so happy they liked it, i didn't do much work on the notebooks either so thankfully they appreciated the photography
    I bet u will be in ^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 GlowStickXo

I got 360 in Animation, 300 in Costume and 600 in Make up but I' m kinda worried with ten places, im fooked if the top ten for make up are brain boxes and get over 400. Does anyone else think that the points this year are gonna be sky high?

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    die.Kat wrote: »
    Exactly what I was thinking. Well sort of ^^
    My Portfolio had some Art Related Stuff and IADT liked it definitely more then DIT.
    dan759 wrote: »

I don't want to start a DIT v IADT battle, can we talk about why people feel each college is viewed more or less artist ? Reading around and talking to people it would seem IADT is where you go to make art related photos. Is this the aim of the college ? DIT/Grif is where you go for more commercial based stuff.

Has anyone got plan as to what they hope to do when they finish in 4yrs time ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

I don't want to start a DIT v IADT battle, can we talk about why people feel each college is viewed more or less artist ? Reading around and talking to people it would seem IADT is where you go to make art related photos. Is this the aim of the college ? DIT/Grif is where you go for more commercial based stuff.

I think IADT is far more open & free for students, opposed to 'arty'. I only bothered applying for IADT as the other colleges where of no interest to me, I want to take photos as much as possible when in college. I don't want to be wasting my time writing essays about my photography OR past photographers (don't get me wrong, it's all good finding out about the history of photography, some of the masters etc etc) but I want to learn how to step up my game to a very high level.

I know there will be essays involved in the course but far less than other courses from what I've been asking.

If I get into the course I want to be covering high fashion, commercial/advertising photography and portraits to a high level by the end of four years. This is what I want to focus on at the moment, so that may all change, who knows :)

I'd love to hear what other people want to come out with after four years!!

kjt wrote: »
    I think IADT is far more open & free for students, opposed to 'arty'. I only bothered applying for IADT as the other colleges where of no interest to me, I want to take photos as much as possible when in college. I don't want to be wasting my time writing essays about my photography OR past photographers (don't get me wrong, it's all good finding out about the history of photography, some of the masters etc etc) but I want to learn how to step up my game to a very high level.

I know there will be essays involved in the course but far less than other courses from what I've been asking.

If I get into the course I want to be covering high fashion, commercial/advertising photography and portraits to a high level by the end of four years. This is what I want to focus on at the moment, so that may all change, who knows :)

I'd love to hear what other people want to come out with after four years!!

I've just done a PLC Photography Course and I was amazed what I could learn in just one year. I mean I do know now, how to process B&W Film and I can even print it. Yeah, Maybe that is somehow old school and I do love my digital SLR, but with fil you need to have awesome shoots. We learnt to focus on something and how we get the best out of a shoot.
    I wanna do more of it. I want to print colored film. I want the chance to get into these amazing studios IADT has and to work away there. When I handed in my portfolio I was taking another look around (I was also there on the open day) and the work of some students where framed. They took famous paintings as an example and re-did it in a studio. Instead of a brush they used their camera. While crossing this floor I had at least three paintings in mind, worth a photography copy.
    That's why I want to study there. They have the equipment and they know what they're teaching you. They give you ideas.
    I had an amazing tutor the last year and she really inspired my work and helped me. I want to have that. And from what I heard I will get that at IADT. So it is a dream and seeing it fading more and more is bad.
    If I won't get in this year I will definitely try again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭greener greene

Press photography hopefully :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Victorian_Fangs

Anyone else doing Design for stage and screen: Costume design?? :)
    I got 510, absolutely delighted! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 muireann =]

Anyone else doing Design for stage and screen: Costume design?? :)
    I got 510, absolutely delighted! :D
    make up I got 600 and i got 240 for product design and 210 for costume design didnt get that one :( well done tho!:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Victorian_Fangs

'muireann wrote:
    ;66155267']make up I got 600 and i got 240 for product design and 210 for costume design didnt get that one :( well done tho!:P
    Well done! :D I got 480 for Make up but i really want the Costume Design :D

Advertisement