Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fake tanning!

• 13-05-2010 11:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I am going to a wedding this weekend and my legs are still that lovely shade of 'Irish Blue' :D. I plan to use a little light fake tan (have bought the Garnier spray one). I am a bit clueless when it comes to tan, so a couple of questions:
    - I know you have to exfoliate before you use it, is an ordinary exfoliater ok, or is it better to use an exfoliating mitt.
    - Should you moisturise after exfoliation, before you tan.
    - Anyone use this brand, is it ok? I bought the light colour, looking more for a slight glow rather than Oompa Loompa orange :).

http://www.garnier.co.uk/_en/_gb/our_products/products_suncare.aspx?tpcode=OUR_PRODUCTS^PRD_SUNCARE^SELF_TANNING^SELF_TANNING_DISCOVER&prdcode=P32001

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

According to a family member who uses fake tan (I don't use it myself).

1) Use exfoliation gloves
    2) Moisturize
    3) Use a tanning mitt to apply the tan (regardless of whether it's a spray/get/cream etc).
    4) When your taking the tan off, use a body brush in the bath/shower to scrub the tan off.

Enjoy the wedding, hopefully the weather will be good!

HTH!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Don't moisturise just before you put the tan on or it will dilute the tan's colour on your skin. Moisturise the day after it's on though, it keeps it lasting longer. You can also moisturise in the few days before you put it on, just not on the day itself.

Use whatever kind of exfoliator gets most skin off, you want as much new skin as possible as old skin flakes off and takes the tan with it. I find exfoliating gloves best myself.

Advertisement