Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Ordinary Family [** SPOILERS **]

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I'm suddenly not really interested in this any more.

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DingosAteMyBaby

I can see this show getting much better when it finds its legs:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,055 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    http://www.tvguide.com/News/Kay-Panabaker-Interview-1023688.aspx

Kay Panabaker interview

It premieres tonight on ABC

Any spoilers in that interview that need to be spoilered Liz? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,522 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Enough, Richard. You're just trolling now.

Mr E wrote: »
    Enough, Richard. You're just trolling now.

I'm just sayin'!...can't be too careful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I enjoyed the pilot. It was exactly what I was expecting from this show.

Yeah it was what i expected....but if you've seen the pilot already then it really kicks off next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Was last nights episode the same as the pilot that was floating around or have they changed it a bit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

JohnK wrote: »
    Was last nights episode the same as the pilot that was floating around or have they changed it a bit?
    Same as the pilot AFAIK.. as that pilot was released to a "limited" number of people from the network's Twitter feed. The network more than likely wouldn't have released the pilot if there was casting changes or anything like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Modern Family meets Heroes.

... it could work.
    Yeah and it didn't really work, did it?

I think it has potential though maybe. It's a bit strange that they didn't explain how the other people had powers too. I guess it's going to be the mystery we all need to figure out, but it just feels old and tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

i really liked it, decent enough pilot, it will be intersting to see where it goes, i think theve learned there lesson after heroes went downhill fast, so i would hope they have a decent story plotted out for it,

the father has 2 or 3 abilities, and the rest only have one, i wonder will they discover more abilities as the show goes on,

one thing i didnt get is how they got out of the amazon, youd think they let ya know something like that,

For most of us tv gurus, the show kicks off proper tonight with episode 2:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/10/no-ordinary-family-episode-102-no_04.html

Ep. 2 was great!!..i really liked it. Fun family tv. But...the producers said it's not like Heroes??....WRONG!!

Tell that to Sylar 2.0 at the end, with the same powers, levitation and moving objects...then bam!, that was bad ass Sylar (series 1) all over it. I liked how they have continued to explore their powers, and Autum Reeser got alot more screen time...yay!

As she said herself...best sidekick ever! :-)
    No i really liked that, it was fun and they have also added some new overall story arcs, since the Amazon water didn't give them powers + Global Tech guys seems a baddie.

Damn!...20% drop this week:

No Ordinary Family fell nearly 20% from its debut to a 2.7 rating with adults 18-49.

No Ordinary Family
    - 8.988 million viewers
    - 5.3/9 HH
    - 2.7/8 A18-49

I think they made a bad move with the pilot. It was somewhat average and that's probably why there's a drop in the ratings. I quite enjoyed it - great to see they've abandoned the mockumentary-style and have gone back to normal. That guy is a lot like Sylar but, to be fair, there aren't a lot of superpowers they can explore.

I mean, heck, Michael Chiklis is the spitting image for the Thing from the Fantastic Four , which, admittedly, is probably due to the reason that he played the Thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Why would he use the Newton Raphson method for approximating a root when he had already got the exact result by solving the quadratic equation?

Anyway, not too bad an episode. I'll probably watch a few more to see where it takes off to.

Pity they didnt have ep2 as the pilot, it was much more enjoyable and has me wanting to see more whereas after the pilot I wasnt really pushed. The ending was a lot darker than I was expecting for this kind of show so thats a plus. Hope the ratings drop doesnt kill it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭s8n

Damn!...20% drop this week:

No Ordinary Family fell nearly 20% from its debut to a 2.6 rating with adults 18-49.

No Ordinary Family
    - 8.988 million viewers
    - 5.3/9 HH
    - 2.7/8 A18-49

you are obsessed with viewing figures !!!!

s8n wrote: »
    you are obsessed with viewing figures !!!!

Yeah, because if you're a fan of a show or a hater...it matters!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Yeah, because if you're a fan of a show or a hater...it matters!
    yeah cause were all 12 years old following the cool kid around richard :rolleyes:, no one cares, if its cancelled so be it, you and i have no say in the matter, if you want to support it buy the DVDs when they come out,

decent show, ill keep watching, a bit difficult to see exactly where the show is going, but im willing to commit,

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DingosAteMyBaby

don ramo wrote: »
    yeah cause were all 12 years old following the cool kid around richard :rolleyes:, no one cares, if its cancelled so be it, you and i have no say in the matter, if you want to support it buy the DVDs when they come out,

Actually, a lot of people do care. I like to know if a show I enjoy is doing well and whether or not it is in danger of being cancelled.

And to be perfectly honest, it would be quite easy to mistake you for a 12 year old from the reading the above post.

Latest was not great, bit too much smaltchy smoochy stuff between the husband and wife, but i do like they are slowly exploring their powers and limitations. It's family tv, The Incredibles meets Heroes, it's enoyable enough but it needs to do more.

Ratings down again this week.

No Ordinary Family
    - 7.718 million viewers
    - 4.8/7 HH
    - 2.3/6 A18-49

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

That guy who was thrown from the roof should have been well dead.

Yeah I was thinking that myself; the building was at least 9 stories and he fell onto a moving car so he should be very dead after that. At the very least in a bad state in hospital and not walking out of the police station a few hours later.

ABC has ordered four more No Ordinary Family scripts. Brothers & Sisters also received a four script pickup.

^ note - scripts, not episodes.

Note to those watching, well...this news actually makes no difference to us over here, but it's moving to 9pm.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/10/15/should-abc-move-no-ordinary-family-to-a-new-time-slot/68172

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,055 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Julie Benz’s Ordinary parents will be played by Cybill Shepherd and Bruce McGill

Advertisement