Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arctic Cooling distributor?

Options
  • 13-05-2010 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

So the PSU in my Arctic Cooling Silentium T Pro case blew last night. (Went out with a "bang". haha.) Unfortunately, it's a proprietary design and if I'm going to continue to use the same case, I need to get my hands on a replacement PSU like the following:
    http://www.arctic-cooling.com/webshop/product_info.php?cPath=72_76&mID=351

My problem is "international" shipping (from HK) costs more than the PSU and I haven't had any luck finding a distributor in Ireland. I bought the case/PSU set through Elara in 2007, but they don't seem to carry it anymore.

Does anyone know where I can order one of these replacement PSUs from within the EU? I'd hate to have to buy a new case as well, having made the mistake of going proprietary here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

What model is the PSU thats after dying ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Deano, its a 500W Arctic Cooling, can't remember the model offhand but while its ATX format it has a proprietary chassis and mounting method, and by extension the case can't take an ordinary ATX PSU either without extensive Dremel Time :o Don't see any for sale anywhere either! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Solitaire wrote: »
    Deano, its a 500W Arctic Cooling, can't remember the model offhand but while its ATX format it has a proprietary chassis and mounting method, and by extension the case can't take an ordinary ATX PSU either without extensive Dremel Time :o Don't see any for sale anywhere either! :(

Ouch :(

I had a look after I made that post and its a strange one alright, front mounted PSU...

@ OP : Have you tried e-mailing AC's support ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 benn333

Deano12345 wrote: »
    @ OP : Have you tried e-mailing AC's support ?

I haven't, but that's a good idea. If I can get a replacement PSU on the cheap, grand. But I'm not liking being locked in to a proprietary setup, so I may just spend the few extra quid on a new case and standard PSU.

In defense of Arctic Cooling, I've no other complaints. It was advertised as a quiet config, and it's been exactly that for the last three years. I've likely just been unlucky with the PSU here.

Advertisement