Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easy cake recipe for school cake sale?

Options
  • 13-05-2010 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

I have to make a cake for the school cake sale. Not the most experienced baker, has anyone got ideas for the easiest foolproof cake/traybakes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Chocolate Mud Cake is a good choice, as it's moist, easy to make (requires no creaming or foaming), and most people like chocolate/it sells well. I posted a recipe here. If you have a mixer, there's a simple buttercream recipe here. If not, Tesco sell "Betty Crocker Vanilla Buttercream" in cans.

Another simple one, that requires creaming, is an all-in-one sponge. Just split it, fill it with passionfruit/lemon curd/cherry jam/etc, whipped cream, and dust with icing sugar.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭DreamC

Chocolate biscuit cake. It is really hard to spoil it. And it does not need baking and creaming either:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Nigellas rocky road recipe, so easy and so nummy, although use 200g milk choc and 100g dark choc mix as if there are a lot of kids there some don't appreciate the dark choc. Aldi do dairyfine dark or milk choc pretty good value and tastes better than some of the cheaper cooking choc. out there.

I know rice krispie buns aren't as popular as they once were but kids love them, or the corn flake version.

Popcorn..pop some pop corn and put it into individual freezer bags.
    They used to do this at my local famers market years ago and they sold like hot cakes.

All in one sponge cake it's a basic sponge recipe just throw in a teaspoon of baking powder and mix it all together and pop it in the oven.

Avocas banana bread recipe (although use just 2 bananas I find using 4 makes it too runny). Adding chococlate chips instead of nuts, it's dead easy.

Advertisement