Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 1/2 year old AV Receiver not working

Options
  • 13-05-2010 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

I have an Onkyo TX SR605 receiver that I bought about 2 1/2 years ago in Dublin. I haven't switched it on in a year but when I tried it last night it wouldn't come on, it just stayed in standby mode. Is the shop I purchased this from obliged to fix this free of charge as the expected lifespan of this product is certainly more than 2 1/2 years?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It's lifespan may be expected to be longer but you did leave it sitting for a year - dust and other foreign objects may have fallen into it in the meantime.

I think that the best you can hope for is that the shop will offer to send it for an engineer's report to determine the cause.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

I have an Onkyo TX SR605 receiver that I bought about 2 1/2 years ago in Dublin. I haven't switched it on in a year but when I tried it last night it wouldn't come on, it just stayed in standby mode. Is the shop I purchased this from obliged to fix this free of charge as the expected lifespan of this product is certainly more than 2 1/2 years?

Sickof,

sorry to hear of your Onkyo issues - if your local retailer cannot assist - givve us a shout - we will happily speak to Onkyo Free of charge for you and see if they can resolve the issue free of charge - Onkyo comes with a min of a 2 year warranty as standard and to be fair they are normally great sotring out any (of the few issues they have).

Anyway hopefully you own retailer can assist - if not, gather your s/n and date of purchase info and drop us a mail or a PM and we will do our best to get you back in biz,

ATB,

John McDonald
    Richer Sounds Ireland

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I googled, and came up some possible solutions near the bootm of the page at http://www.fixya.com/support/t242779-brand_new_onkyo_tx_sr605_leave_stand

Advertisement