Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seat Inca SDi not starting

• 13-05-2010 12:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

I've found that there's no power going to the Stopper Solenoid on the injector Pump , when I give it 12v it'll start , but it's dead as a door nail to pull . Do the key switches fail on these?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭hiluxman

theres a relay under the dash board number 109, give it a few taps and see does the van start then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

You're an absolute legend . Working perfect now! S'pose a spare would beworth getting now....and like the auld mk2 Diesels Spurious are never as agood as OE?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭hiluxman

dont think you can get them spurious, bout 20 quid from main dealer. its a modified part

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

hiluxman wrote: »
    dont think you can get them spurious, bout 20 quid from main dealer. its a modified part

I used to replace the likes of the fuel pump relay with spurious ones for the old Gtis , but sure they'd always let ya down again . Thanks again.

While you're thinking VAG... every now and then she races up , like as if you blipped the throttle as she starts . Probably Water Temp Sensor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭GTE

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    While you're thinking VAG... every now and then she races up , like as if you blipped the throttle as she starts . Probably Water Temp Sensor?

Yeah, it would happen to my TDI before I replaced the coolant temp sensor. When it acted up it would rev up quickly and then back down to about 100 revs above what it should be. It only happened the odd time with me but considering the age of your car (same as mine) its definitely a part Id change anyway.

If you have a black coolant sensor its the bad old style one. You need the posh new green one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement